• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured 2 people in heaven question

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by Theokayman1, Dec 10, 2018.

1. AlexDTX

AlexDTX Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,533
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    You sound like one of the Pharisees tempting Jesus with this question.

2. Theokayman1

Theokayman1 New Member

+90
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I would never want to tempt Jesus and that was not my intent. If I had sinned, Jesus would you forgive me for my sins?

The reason I asked this question is because I am Freddy (although not my name) in the story.

3. Bruce Leiter

Bruce Leiter Member

+142
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I leave people's ultimate destiny and whether they go to heaven or hell to God, who only knows their hearts and whether he has changed them through his gift of the new birth.

The premise of your question needs adjusting. When people forgive other people, they stop being angry at what they did. Therefore, they would not want to exile them from their presence. When we get to heaven, all our old hurts, anxieties, and anger will evaporate. God's committed love will replace them.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+29,634
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My answer is subjective meaning by experience. Before the Lord changed by giving me a heart of flesh for the heart of stone, I truly was selfish and looked at the universe should be fair to me.

Now imagine billions and billions of people thinking the same thing. You can see why things are so screwed up.

Immediately upon regeneration, something happened. I started to see not only my faults and failures but could identify and have empathy for others faults and failures. I started saying hey that’s me and not someone who has wronged me. I could take a walk in their shoes so to speak.

And this is Grace. God reconciles us to His Son through the work of the Son Jesus Christ. We become at peace with God. By this we are empowered by the Holy Spirit to be at peace with others. And if we are at peace with God and neighbors we can become at peace with ourselves and boldly proclaim “it is well with my soul.”

5. lsume

lsume Our 3 year old grandson who turned 3 today Supporter

+227
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Not at all how Christianity Truly Works. Without True Forgiveness, there can be no Heaven. Without Christ, there can be no True Forgiveness. What we are taught in The New Testament to obey from the heart cannot be done in Truth without first being born again. Until one is Truly born again, it should seem impossible to be obedient. That unfortunate position can only be resolved when you Truly seek Christ or God The Father. You will never get to God The Father without going through and by Christ.

6. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,199
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I believe we will not have concern over the things of the flesh. We will be one with God and that is perfection.

7. Valetic

Valetic Addicted to CF Supporter

+537
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Sorry I'm being difficult. No I don't ponder those things. I have my sights set on being with Him. That alone has been enough for me to chew on for years now.

8. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+5,428
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    In Heaven your souls destiny is fulfilled to it's intended purpose.
    Not, all your earthly wishes come true.

9. Alithis

Alithis Disciple of Jesus .

+2,130
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    No he didnt.
    When we truly forgive we treat the person as if it never happened.

Because that is how the lord JESUS treats us.

10. LightLoveHope

LightLoveHope Jesus leads us to life

+209
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Married
    Let us get real.
    Freddy understands walking in love.
    Chris does not, and has many other issues that stop him from loving Freddy.

The mistake people make is believing one sin, is just one sin. Sin exists because of a whole failure in the heart to resolve issues of feeling behaviour and truth. And the fruit of this is sinful behaviour which leads to death and judgement.

It is like talking about a crack in a planes jet engine. It is nothing just a small crack, how can it bring down a whole plane? Because it grows, it causes failure after failure and finally the whole structure is destroyed as everything falls apart.

The kingdom of God is founded on love. God is love. Gods display of His heart and love, the cross, is both our healing and our eternal example.

You will find believers who have not resolved their hearts, who lock Jesus out, who say they are beyond resolution, ie are actually living in unbelief, will oppose such ideas, and condemn those who have resolved hearts as liars and hypocrites, spreading satans lies and leading people to hell.

So this issue is not minor, or anything less than failing to walk in Jesus's footsteps, and following Him. It is our calling to love all as Jesus loved, and to give our lives for others, Amen.

11. AlexDTX

AlexDTX Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,533
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    What I meant was that it sounded like a trick question. I am sure you are not sinning nor trying to trick anyone.

12. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,865
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Do you weep now? Have you ever grind your teeth.....maybe when you were angry? Have you ever Burned yourself? If so....do you think you would merely weep and grind your teeth if your whole body had to remain in that fire?

The carnal mind can not comprehend the things of the spirit. when you let your mind be your guide, you come up with a hosts of notions that doesn't even make sense to the very mind that created them.

13. Paul of Eugene OR

Paul of Eugene OR Finally Old Enough Supporter

+1,830
    Baptist
    Married
    Let me enlarge on this. It will be like brothers who, while still children, were always fighting but when they grew up they always had each other's back.

In heaven we will fully grow up.

14. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Senior Member Supporter

+38,735
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,313
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    Freddy will not go to heaven as he could not forgive, if he did, he would want nothing more but to see Chris with love in his heart.

16. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+1,683
    Christian
    Married
    I believe you are still you in heaven.. ALL that which SIN has tainted? All that which is not of God will be gone.. but you are still you.. if you hurt someone.. you will as you would here..at some point.. lol.. want to go to them and ask them to forgive you or tell them why..

Were still us.. hate forgiveness.. things of the flesh will be gone..and when we KNOW what we did.. you will just want to make it right.. as they will. I KNOW people in heaven ..well loved the lord...yet said awful things to me.. I forgive them.. still hurts... As I would go to them.. I am sure they will feel the same way.. see the truth THROUGH Christ.. not the flesh anymore

17. NeedyFollower

NeedyFollower Well-Known Member

+411
    Anabaptist
    Celibate
    I think about the first Martyr Stephen meeting with the apostle Paul ( the jew Saul at the time ) who approved of Stephen's murder and held the cloaks of those who stoned Stephen . That was pretty horrible but Stephen had already forgiven them ( including Saul/ Paul ) And God's reaction ? Saul became Paul to the glory of God through the gift of atonement and the shed blood of Christ .
    In your story ..Chris is failing to see Christ in Freddy or maybe Chris has never sinned against God .

18. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,865
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    nvm, ignored

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  19. Quasiblogo

Quasiblogo Regular Member Supporter

+732
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I don’t ever want to see anyone again;I want to see their glorified selves. Chris 2.0, meet Freddy 2.0!

20. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,226
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

I would recommend listening to this but the relevant part is after the first hour. A husband and wife in heaven are met and they have totally forgiven each other even though they were pretty rough on each other while alive. It is brilliantly written: