✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
2 Cor 3:
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
(MY NOTE: New testament believers are not ministers of the law. The laws purpose is to expose & condemn sins Gal 3:10,17,22-25 which leads to death.)

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
(MY NOTE: Here scripture calls the letter/law written on 2 stone tables (Deut 4:13) an administrator of death, that would one day be done away with)

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
(MY NOTE: The indwelling of God's Holy Spirit is superior)

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
(MY NOTE: The letter/law/ministration of condemnation/ministration of death is superseded by righteousness/justification accessed via faith (Rom 5:1-2) in Christ's sin payment & resurrection.)

Bible dictionary definitions:

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: Letter
Letter - Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words
(MY NOTE: For LETTER context in 2 Corinthians 3:6 see (f) "the letter," the written commandments of the Word of God

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: Condemn, Condemnation
Condemn, Condemnation - Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words
(MY NOTE: For CONDEMNATION context in 2 Corinthians 3:9 see [ B-4,Noun,G2633, katakrisis ] a strengthened form of No. 3, denotes "a judgment against, condemnation," with the suggestion of the process leading to it, as of "the ministration of condemnation,"

KJV Dictionary Definition: JUSTIFICATION; (4) In theology, remission of sin and absolution from guilt and punishment; or an act of free grace by which God pardons the sinner and accepts him as righteous, on account of the atonement of Christ.
JUSTIFICATION - Definition from the KJV Dictionary

(MY NOTE: ABSOLUTION from GUILT & PUNISHMENT. Believers are JUSTIFIED = Judicially Declared RIGHTEOUS, righteousness is imputed freely thru God's grace. Thru/By, Belief/Faith, placed in Jesus FINISHED sacrificial sin atoning redemptive work & resurrection. We become justified, sinless, in Gods eyes, the "MOMENT" we believe in Christ's sin payment & resurrection.

Additional post supporting verses:
Rom 3:21-25, 4:14-16, 6:14-15, 10:4, 1Cor 15:56, Gal 2:16, 3:11, 14-15,19,23,24, 4:4-5, 5:4,18, Col 2:13-14, Ehp 2:1, Phil 3;9, Tit 3:9, Heb 7;11-12,

Last edited:

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Additional post supporting verses:
1 Timothy 1:
The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience
and a sincere faith.
6 Certain persons, by swerving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion,
7 desiring to be teachers of the Law, without understanding either what they are saying
or the things about which they make confident assertions.
8 Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully,
9 understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless
and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who
strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers,
10 the sexually immoral, men who practise homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and
whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,
in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

Upvote 0