Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As you signature says, seek Jesus, not revival. :) What we need is a revival in obedience.

It's not too late. We are being enormously blessed by God in America, partially due to faithfulness of a minority, and partially because he causes rain to fall even on the unrighteous. But that doesn't mean evil isn't also rampant. I am not familiar with the web site, but Google found these Bible citations: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/God-Changing-His-Mind

The Lord is longsuffering, but not will not tolerate sin forever. On an individual level, do not let it worry you.

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. (bold mine, Matthew 24:6, 1984 NIV)

“Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.” “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”
(2 Corinthians 6:17-18, 1984 NIV)

“Son of man, if a country sins against me by being unfaithful and I stretch out my hand against it to cut off its food supply and send famine upon it and kill its men and their animals, even if these three men—Noah, Daniel and Job—were in it, they could save only themselves by their righteousness, declares the Sovereign LORD. (Ezekiel 14:13-14, 1984 NIV)

Don't think for one second you can't be like one of these men from God's perspective, but you'll need God's help.

A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. (Psalms 91:7-8, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Are you seeking revival personally or is your church? Is it too late to turn back to Him and have Him heal our land? Are we too far gone as a nation to bless God after he blessed us all these years?

In the Spiritual Gifts section, I started a thread on Spirit baptism. My first post offered 3 videos about 2 of the most recent spectacular revivals: the Welsh revival of 1904-06 and the Azuza Street revival of 1906-08. The Welsh revival was spearhead by Evan Roberts, an emotionally and intellectually unstable coal miner. But Evan prayed long hours for revival for a long period, and God finally revealed to him that he would be quickly instrumental in 100,000 conversions. In fact, 100,000 UNCHURCHED converts were made in the first 4 months, when he stepped out in faith, not to mention tens of thousands of converts who already attended church.

William Seymour and his small band of prayer warriors ignited the Azuza Street revival with many spectacular miracles and the long-range effect of 200 hundred million Pentecostals and Charismatics worldwide. You might imagine that believers wanting to discover the keys to the success of their intercessory prayer ministry. Yet though believers profess to want real revival, they show by their inaction that they either don't care about or don't believe in the possibility of such revivals and are in any case unwilling to pay the price.

Few churches cooperate with each other in joint fellowship or evangelistic projects or common prayer groups, and whatever prayer groups they have tend to be few in number and poorly attended. One reason why Billy Graham was so evangelistically effective in his prime was his refusal to offer crusades to cities in which denominations refused to cooperate with each on a massive scale or join in large-scale prayer vigils. The reason why American denominations are largely experiencing steady decline is not increased secularization, but (1) the rarity of a burning spiritual hunger and longing for God on any large scale and (2) a resulting lack of curiosity about the keys to unleashing revival. I doubt that anyone has viewed the 3 videos I posted on the Welsh and Azuza Street revivals.

Upvote 0