Los Angeles Area
✟820,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Pretty high? They're green berets, right?

1 in 12 or a little better?

LANGUAGE AND CULTURE
During this 25-week phase (Phase V), candidates will fine-tune their skills in the language to which they have been assigned. Languages include French, Indonesian-Bahasa, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese-Mandarin, Korean, Persian-Farsi, Russian, Tagalog, Thai, Levantine, and Arabic (Egyptian)

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
1 in 12 or a little better?

LANGUAGE AND CULTURE
During this 25-week phase (Phase V), candidates will fine-tune their skills in the language to which they have been assigned. Languages include French, Indonesian-Bahasa, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese-Mandarin, Korean, Persian-Farsi, Russian, Tagalog, Thai, Levantine, and Arabic (Egyptian)

Yeah I mean....what they generally do is gather up some locals and train them to fight against whatever enemy is there as a sort of force multiplier....so a grasp of the local language is necessary.

I'd put the chances somewhere between 99-100%.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yeah I mean....what they generally do is gather up some locals and train them to fight against whatever enemy is there as a sort of force multiplier....so a grasp of the local language is necessary.

That's what Silvercorp USA does, is it?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's what green berets do.

....yes, I had Special Forces (aka Green Berets) in my Spanish language class at DLI.

Fun fact: The "Defense Language Institute" (DLI) is one of the premier language schools in the world....when I attended in the mid 1980's, 52 languages were taught by professors from all over the world -- for example, I had professors from Bolivia, Argentina, Spain, Puerto Rico etc.... 7 months of nothing but Spanish language, culture, etc.

https://www.dliflc.edu/

Upvote 0