Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No man truly knows what he is in reality until he finds out who God is in reality.

Thats really good because lately I have gotten a glimps of who God really is and I see myself in need of a savior that much more because of it.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But is that preaching the whole council of God? Election and the sovereignty of God isn't higher learning it is the foundation on which the Gospel of Christ is laid. No man truly knows what he is in reality until he finds out who God is in reality.

I know the reality of God based on what He has revealed about Himself in special and general revelation. I won't go beyond that.

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But the question should be how is this faith attained? is it something that we muster up on our on? or is it something that God gives to us?

Romans 10:8-17 KJV
[8] But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
[10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
[11] For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
[12] For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
[14] How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
[15] And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
[16] But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith comes by hearing.

Remember Sola Fide. Its fundamental to the Christian faith.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith comes by hearing.

Remember Sola Fide. It fundamental to the Christian faith.

Absolutely, I agree. But what of the majority who sit in church Sunday after Sunday and remain lost? did they not hear the Gospel?

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely, I agree. But what of the majority who sit in church Sunday after Sunday and remain lost? did they not hear the Gospel?

Hearing comes by the word of God. These people have rejected the gospel. It is everyone's responsibility to repent and believe.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hearing comes by the word of God.

I agree with that but my point is that only some seem to really Hear the Gospel while others it just seems to either skip over them or only penetrate superficially.

I think the parable of the soils explains what im trying to say. Also think about Lydia, God opened her heart for understanding, Lydia didnt open her heart for God, God opened it for her.

It is everyone's responsibility to repent and believe.

Thats right but the reason why some do and some do not cannot possibly be any thing from our own merit because if it was then it would no longer be grace.

This stuff is getting deep but Salvation from beginning to the end has to be of God 100%. I simply do not see any way around this fact.

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This doesn't follow. I certainly do not believe that God is not sovereign nor that He is some kind of wimp open to the whims of man. That would be unscriptural. What I don't do is talk about what I believe to be a mystery. There is nothing wrong or unscriptural about not being dogmatic about a doctrine that we simply can not fully understand. If someone asks me about Christ I will tell them that they can partake in the gift by trusting in His sacrifice and going from there. God can then redeem them. My commission and responsibility is to make disciples not to make believers. :)
I understand. I don't try to make believers either. I simply and clearly proclaim Christ as He is revealed in the Scriptures. I seek to press His claims on men and wait for Him to work. I seek to tear down every wall that natural man puts up in order to not do busniess with Christ as He is. I seek to point men to Him who Is high and lifted up sitting on the throne of the universe. I recognize that God's terms of peace with the sinner is not lets get together and work out our differences but His terms are surrender or die. That is what I proclaim. I preach Christ and Him crucified in all His sovereign glory and try to leave nothing for the sinner to do or feel or experience. I want to destroy every refuge of lies that we all are prone to hide behind. The lie that Christ died for all men and desires the salvation of all men is among the worst of them. Our natural thought is that if Christ died for me then He can't possibly send me to Hell. Which of course is true. That is why I am so adamant on election. Sovereign mercy is not only the very glory of God as seen in the face of Jesus Christ but the only truth that leaves a sinner in the dirt at Jesus feet begging mercy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faceofbear

Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Texas
✟9,739.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:1

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

You think Spurgeon is a false prophet?

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow thats something else because just thinking that you would probably enjoy listening to this Guy. lol.

Also I was trying to find a way to contact him but was never able to find anything.
I always have his ear. What is it that you want to ask him?

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with that but my point is that only some seem to really Hear the Gospel while others it just seems to either skip over them or only penetrate superficially.

I think the parable of the soils explains what im trying to say. Also think about Lydia, God opened her heart for understanding, Lydia didnt open her heart for God, God opened it for her.

No one ever said God didn't open the door. He does. What I said and stand by is that the atonement is sufficient for everyone, but only effective for the elect, it is received by faith, and God desires all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.l

Thats right but the reason why some do and some do not cannot possibly be any thing from our own merit because if it was then it would no longer be grace.

It's not of our own merit. Christ is the one who died.

This stuff is getting deep but Salvation from beginning to the end has to be of God 100%. I simply do not see any way around this fact.

Me either...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I understand. I don't try to make believers either. I simply and clearly proclaim Christ as He is revealed in the Scriptures. I seek to press His claims on men and wait for Him to work. I seek to tear down every wall that natural man puts up in order to not do busniess with Christ as He is. I seek to point men to Him who Is high and lifted up sitting on the throne of the universe. I recognize that God's terms of peace with the sinner is not lets get together and work out our differences but His terms are surrender or die. That is what I proclaim. I preach Christ and Him crucified in all His sovereign glory and try to leave nothing for the sinner to do or feel or experience. I want to destroy every refuge of lies that we all are prone to hide behind. The lie that Christ died for all men and desires the salvation of all men is among the worst of them. Our natural thought is that if Christ died for me then He can't possibly send me to Hell. Which of course is true. That is why I am so adamant on election. Sovereign mercy is not only the very glory of God as seen in the face of Jesus Christ but the only truth that leaves a sinner in the dirt at Jesus feet begging mercy.

And if a sinner, any sinner, is in the dirt begging mercy, Jesus will not turn them away. The glory is His either way.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Good point faceofbear. :)

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No sir, take a look at the part of scripture that he put in Bold and think about what it says.

What about Spurgeon stating that he is unwilling to teach against the scriptural statement that God desires all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth is denying the Lord?

Upvote 0