1Th 1:7,8 Evangelism

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Evangelism

1Th 1:7,8 And so you became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia. The Lord’s message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia— your faith in God has become known everywhere. Therefore we do not need to say anything about it

There are not many commands concerning evangelism in the New Testament. It doesn't seem to me that Paul ever had to tell believers to do these things, as he writes in 2Cor 4:13 "since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I believed and therefore I spoke," we also believe and therefore speak," It seems evangelism came naturally to the Thessalonians. But realize that their difficult circumstances, their severe suffering under persecution, their proper reaction to difficulties, these things help them to reveal their faith to on-lookers. They stood out in the crowd because they had genuine hope, anticipating their adoption as sons of God through the resurrection from the dead. Without having our faith challenged through persecution and suffering difficult circumstances, it may be difficult to convince someone else to listen. But of course we can utilize the testimony of those in the Bible who did endure such things with joy.

Your faith in Christ was not intended to be hidden. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Mt 5:14-16

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources