Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Smashing together lead particles at 99.9999991% the speed of the light, scientists have recreated the first matter that appeared after the Big Bang.

Out of the wreck came a primordial type of matter known as quark-gluon plasma, or QGP. It only lasted a fraction of a second, but for the first time, scientists were able to probe the plasma's liquid-like characteristics — finding it to have less resistance to flow than any other known substance — and determine how it evolved in the first moments in the early universe

The scientists think they first created a QGP in 2000, but the latest batch, reported online on May 11, 2021 in the journal Physics Letters B, was the first time they could probe the characteristics of its liquid nature in detail

1st matter in the universe may have been a perfect liquid | Live Science

Unless I'm mistaken, QGP is a more perfect form of liquid than water. I can't really imagine what that means, but it's cool, nonetheless.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,150.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When I hear the lyrics "Our God is an awesome God" I always think how "small" we make God by restricting him to the confines of our own limited imaginations.

Can you not see that a universe continually expanding and evolving makes God's power and dominion even greater than believing a Biblical text that God inspired a man (Moses) to write--a man whose imagination could not fathom solar systems, galaxies, or even an earth that wasn't flat?

No matter how great I imagine God to be, I know I will be surprised.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Unless I'm mistaken, QGP is a more perfect form of liquid than water. I can't really imagine what that means, but it's cool, nonetheless.

You mean beer? :D

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can you not see that a universe continually expanding and evolving makes God's power and dominion even greater than believing a Biblical text that God inspired a man (Moses) to write--a man whose imagination could not fathom solar systems, galaxies, or even an earth that wasn't flat?

I agree with God's "power and dominion" surpassing what we can fathom.

And yet…

"…it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe."—1 Cor. 1:21

The message preached is found in a…book!

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking single malt, or Chablis grand cru, or maybe a pint of Pigs Ear at the Fleece in Worcestershire (the best pub in England - fact).

Does this make beer the universal solvent for solving problems in the universe?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In the beginning was the Word!

Are you saying the Word is a perfect liquid? I was thinking more in terms of prime matter. But I always understood prime matter as unintelligible and not a temporal existent, due to its formlessness. But, maybe a perfect liquid fits the bill? I'm inclined to say QGP is neither the Word nor prime matter.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
See Perfect fluid - Wikipedia. While it gets quite technical the first paragraph defines a perfect liquid.

So, how does that act with no viscosity or heat conduction? Would it flow? I guess that question doesn't even make sense, since there's nothing else in relation with which to flow. I can't get a thought around this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
So, how does that act with no viscosity or heat conduction? Would it flow? I guess that question doesn't even make sense, since there's nothing else in relation with which to flow. I can't get a thought around this.
It's hard to imagine any real flow. It was at incredible density, and the universe was uniformly filled with it. There's no place to flow.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's hard to imagine any real flow. It was at incredible density, and the universe was uniformly filled with it. There's no place to flow.

Right, that makes sense.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

well the early universe once it cooled was non uniform as we see in the CBR so couldn't it be the same there?

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yah, water is really great for life for several reasons, like it's stickiness to itself for instance, but does have some modest viscosity (resistance to flow).

Neat way water sticks to itself some, helpfully for us:
molecule3_0.png

https://www.usgs.gov/special-topic/water-science-school/science/adhesion-and-cohesion-water

I think this helps plants a lot for one thing. Capillary movement.

Smashing together lead particles at 99.9999991% the speed of the light, scientists have recreated the first matter that appeared after the Big Bang.

Out of the wreck came a primordial type of matter known as quark-gluon plasma, or QGP. It only lasted a fraction of a second, but for the first time, scientists were able to probe the plasma's liquid-like characteristics — finding it to have less resistance to flow than any other known substance — and determine how it evolved in the first moments in the early universe

The scientists think they first created a QGP in 2000, but the latest batch, reported online on May 11, 2021 in the journal Physics Letters B, was the first time they could probe the characteristics of its liquid nature in detail

1st matter in the universe may have been a perfect liquid | Live Science

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yah, water is really great for life for several reasons, like it's stickiness to itself for instance, but does have some modest viscosity (resistance to flow).

Neat way water sticks to itself some, helpfully for us:
molecule3_0.png

https://www.usgs.gov/special-topic/water-science-school/science/adhesion-and-cohesion-water

I think this helps plants a lot for one thing. Capillary movement.

Not sure how 100% true, but read that part of what makes water unique, is that it's never really a solid or a liquid. That it's the proportion of solid to liquid that helps that at room temperature some of the molecules are bonded together.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0