1st Impressions of "I'm a Bright" vs. "I'm a Brite"

My beliefs, and impressions of "I'm a Brite" vs. "I'm a Bright"

• Christian or believer in supernatural/mystical, much more positive impression from "I'm a Brite"

• Christian or believer in supernatural/mystical, slightly more positive impression from "I'm a Brite"

• Christian or believer in supernatural/mystical, both give equally positive/negative impressions

• Christian or believer in supernatural/mystical, slightly more pos. impression from "I'm a Bright"

• Christian or believer in supernatural/mystical, much more positive impression from "I'm a Bright"

• Non-believer in supernatural/mystical, much more positive impression from "I'm a Brite"

• Non-believer in supernatural/mystical, slightly more positive impression from "I'm a Brite"

• Non-believer in supernatural/mystical, both give equally positive/negative impressions

• Non-believer in supernatural/mystical, slightly more positive impression from "I'm a Bright"

• Non-believer in supernatural/mystical, much more positive impression from "I'm a Bright"

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ojuice5001

Aug 26, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟351.00
Faith
Pagan
I'm serious when I say that it just makes me think of toys from the eighties. Lite-Brite primarily, and Rainbow Brite to a lesser extent. The power of free association, I suppose. Since that presumably isn't the reaction you're shooting for, I voted that "I'm a Bright" is slightly more positive. But I'm no fan of the term "Bright" either.

Upvote 0

excreationist

Former Believer
Aug 29, 2002
Noosa, Australia
✟576.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Eudaimonist said:
Wouldn't help in speech, and just looks silly in print. I would never call myself this.
Well in speech, if someone says that sounds arrogant you could say "it's B-R-I-T-E silly!"
And Dawkins and the people behind thinking up "Bright" liked the how "gay" apparently seems warm and fuzzy... they wanted a name like that for themselves... I think "brite" is like that... like "gay" it isn't really a serious thing.

Upvote 0

excreationist

Former Believer
Aug 29, 2002
Noosa, Australia
✟576.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums