Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today is the Feast of St. John Eudes, a great saint of the 17th c. A great missionary. He was a promoter of devotion to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus and spiritual writer. Canonized in 1920’s, he has a gigantic statue in a niche in Saint Peter’s Basilica. He founded the “Eudist” fathers.

I have posted this from St. John Eudes before, from The Priest: His Dignity and Obligations

On bad priests…

Bad priests are a sign of God’s anger

The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds. Instead of nourishing those committed to their care, they rend and devour them brutally. Instead of leading their people to God, they drag Christian souls into hell in their train. Instead of being the salt of the earth and the light of the world, they are its innocuous poison and its murky darkness. St. Gregory the Great says that priests and pastors will stand condemned before God as the murderers of any souls lost through neglect or silence….

When God permits such things, it is a very positive proof that He is thoroughly angry with His people, and is visiting His most dreadful anger upon them. That is why He cries unceasingly to Christians, “Return, 0 ye revolting children . . . and I will give you pastors according to my own heart” (Jer. 3, 14-15). Thus, irregularities in the lives of priests constitute a scourge visited upon the people in consequence of sin.

A good priest…

Continued below.
19 August - St. John Eudes: "Bad priests are a sign of God’s anger"

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Today is the Feast of St. John Eudes, a great saint of the 17th c. A great missionary. He was a promoter of devotion to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus and spiritual writer. Canonized in 1920’s, he has a gigantic statue in a niche in Saint Peter’s Basilica. He founded the “Eudist” fathers.

I have posted this from St. John Eudes before, from The Priest: His Dignity and Obligations

On bad priests…

Bad priests are a sign of God’s anger

The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds. Instead of nourishing those committed to their care, they rend and devour them brutally. Instead of leading their people to God, they drag Christian souls into hell in their train. Instead of being the salt of the earth and the light of the world, they are its innocuous poison and its murky darkness. St. Gregory the Great says that priests and pastors will stand condemned before God as the murderers of any souls lost through neglect or silence….

When God permits such things, it is a very positive proof that He is thoroughly angry with His people, and is visiting His most dreadful anger upon them. That is why He cries unceasingly to Christians, “Return, 0 ye revolting children . . . and I will give you pastors according to my own heart” (Jer. 3, 14-15). Thus, irregularities in the lives of priests constitute a scourge visited upon the people in consequence of sin.

A good priest…

Continued below.
19 August - St. John Eudes: "Bad priests are a sign of God’s anger"
1601 AD birth year.

Curious in so many ways. :scratch:
Have to ponder this. Pray on it.
I pray for the clergy at Mass.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Post deleted. Sorry, this tripped one of my triggers and my reaction was likely inappropriate for OBOB. Once again, I apologize.
I noticed you put (searching once more) by your pic. I’m curious what happened? If you feel like talking about it of course.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Post deleted. Sorry, this tripped one of my triggers and my reaction was likely inappropriate for OBOB. Once again, I apologize.
:hug:

Never allow a person to consume your mind.
Not everyone should be based on a turd.
The best thing to do is keep loving and never let hate stay in your mind because the one you hate has free room and board.
Lastly, pray for the turd who hurt you because they needed that peace for whatever reason they shared the hate they learned and perpetuated their own trauma onto others by action or speech.
They are not worth hurting over.
And praying for them comes full circle of peace back to you.
HUGS AND LOVE

I add you to my prayers. :heartribbon::crossrc: And intentions at Mass with the healing miracles of the Eucharist.

Upvote 0