Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nineteen is hardly anything. Christian dating is for people contemplating marriage.

And remember that there are still cultures where young people don't date anyone until they meet their spouse-to-be. The idea that young people should start trying each other out when marriage is not at all contemplated is merely a cultural thing.

Christ calls us to be countercultural.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am 19 year old guy,I dedicated my life for study and god,and im not sure that im ready to date girls and i dont care what others think.
I am 23 have never been in a serious relationship, KNOW I do not want children and am not certain whether I want to marry or not, so do not worry about it.

Upvote 0

aangel

Sep 25, 2014
✟14,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 23 and I've never been in a relationship. I've never even been kissed either. Granted, there was an opportunity to get my first kiss over with a couple years ago. But one, I barely knew the guy and two, he came on way too strong. I explained to him that I didn't know nearly enough about him to know if I liked him like that, how that conversation led to his attempt at kissing me I have no clue. But I do know that it didn't feel right at all so I didn't go through with it. I have no regrets about it despite what he said or what society says. You shouldn't force yourself to date if you're not ready too. You're still only 19 there's no need to rush. I know for me personally my reasons for not dating in the past (I've only been saved for a few months) was there were things I wanted more than a relationship. Now I'm just in a place where I'm taking time to get to know God first. I'm not against a relationship (I've even take some time to think about what I want in a relationship) but I do want to grow up some more.

Upvote 0
D

Dari0

I'm 23 and I've never been in a relationship. I've never even been kissed either. Granted, there was an opportunity to get my first kiss over with a couple years ago. But one, I barely knew the guy and two, he came on way too strong. I explained to him that I didn't know nearly enough about him to know if I liked him like that, how that conversation led to his attempt at kissing me I have no clue. But I do know that it didn't feel right at all so I didn't go through with it. I have no regrets about it despite what he said or what society says. You shouldn't force yourself to date if you're not ready too. You're still only 19 there's no need to rush. I know for me personally my reasons for not dating in the past (I've only been saved for a few months) was there were things I wanted more than a relationship. Now I'm just in a place where I'm taking time to get to know God first. I'm not against a relationship (I've even take some time to think about what I want in a relationship) but I do want to grow up some more.

Really smart, God will honor you for that by staying pure.

Lamentations 3:25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
to those who search for him.

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟436,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Take your time, there is no certain age that you must start dating, do whatever is best for you. Just because many other people are dating at 19 doesn't mean there i anything wrong with not dating. I myself have never been on a date.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Everyone goes through different seasons, or are God has a different plan from them, their is no right or wrong in this regard, it's hard when society expects you to be dating.

Live your life the way God is putting in your heart to live it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faith In God

A little FIG is all we need...
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Live how you want to live. Life is too short to live your life for the approval of other people. Do you.

That said.
Some practical advice.
When you do decide to begin dating, I'd highly recommend looking for someone who also is inexperienced in relationships. You will save yourself a lot of heartache from impatience on her part and 'strange' expectations on yours.

Upvote 0

Moonrise Lu

Jul 23, 2014
Texas
✟9,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good for you! If you are not ready to date then you shouldn't be dating. Dating is for those looking to find someone to marry. If you aren't interested in marriage right now, then not dating is a good choice. Of course, the hardest part of not dating at your age is the flack you get from secular society (I know, as I wasn't ready for dating until I was 20, man do people look at you funny if you haven't been dating since your teens and the even worse looks if you say you're not interested!)

Just remember, Paul said it is better not to marry if you don't desire it because you can keep your focus fully on God! (1 Corinthians 7) Staying single and being strong in your faith and study of God is most certainly pleasing to Him :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums