Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Trump didn't have much support in the arts and humanities community even before this week. It's not Republican-friendly territory. Camille Paglia (a Jill Stein supporter) seems to understand Trump. That seems to be about it.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump didn't have much support in the arts and humanities community even before this week. It's not Republican-friendly territory. Camille Paglia (a Jill Stein supporter) seems to understand Trump. That seems to be about it.
Why doesn't he have much support from them?

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

They at-least tolerated him until now.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Why doesn't he have much support from them?
He's not hip enough. He's a New Yorker, but it's hard to see him fitting in with the black turtleneck crowd. Maybe one of the Kennedy's could.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He's not hip enough. He's a New Yorker, but it's hard to see him fitting in with the black turtleneck crowd. Maybe one of the Kennedy's could.
Nope, that's not it. New York is where Broadway is located. It's the home of the MoMA. New York is a hub for arts and humanities in this country.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Nope, that's not it. New York is where Broadway is located. It's the home of the MoMA. New York is a hub for arts and humanities in this country.
True. But can you see Trump fitting in with New York actors? They probably see him as a philistine.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe it has something to do with his support of a group that burns books? Especially when that group idolizes people that burned people. We could always read what was written in the resignation letter...

DHhH9pLXoAAM44e.jpg

Also, I'd like to point out that four of the people that resigned were also New Yorkers.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True. But can you see Trump fitting in with New York actors? They probably see him as a philistine.
Four of the people on his council were New Yorkers.

I think your reasoning might be based on some faulty assumptions about artists and actors.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

The Celebrity Apprentice show he hosted was with actors (albeit, mainly has-beens) & I think it was filmed in NY.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Celebrity Apprentice show he hosted was with actors (albeit, mainly has-beens) & I think it was filmed in NY.
The guy famous for firing people on television has people resigning so quickly that he's running out of people to fire.

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The guy famous for firing people on television has people resigning so quickly that he's running out of people to fire.

He'll throw a pity party for himself for that, too.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a bit nervous for any evangelical foolish enough to support the Family Research Council. Amongst other things, they're the folks that hired holier than thou sister molester Josh Duggar.
They accepted his resignation as soon as his abuse became known.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It's not about geography, but the culture of actors and literary types that exist anywhere. It's not a crowd that Trump or most politicians would fit in with, whether it's in NYC or Toledo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not about geography, but the culture of actors and literary types that exist anywhere. It's not a crowd that Trump or most politicians would fit in with, whether it's in NYC or Toledo.
Donald Trump is an actor.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, I understand it wasn't about geography even though you specifically made the point of describing it as "New York" actors. Trump has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
He played himself on that tacky reality show, but it entailed acting. But I get your point. The NY actor types are more educated, talented, & sophisticated, and he doesn't fare well with them. He only won something like 4% of the Manhattan votes, even though he's resided in Manhattan most of his life. They are too smart to buy into his act.

• Agree
Reactions: szechuan
Upvote 0