✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear one,
Please do share what has been revealed to you.
I do have heard that those who are Gentiles but Jews by nature who were never defiled by women. And they truly followed the Lamb wherever He goes. So I do share your perspective.

I will be interested to hear scriptural references and explanation.

Here is an explanation that I hope helps!

The hundred forty and four thousand are not being counted in Revelation 7:3-8, they are being sealed for a specific tribe of Israel (12 tribes of Israel), where all the cities for each tribe of Israel dwells within New Jerusalem, Revelation 21:10-27.

The hundred forty and four thousand that are being sealed in Revelation 7:3-8, are sealed based on Jesus’s promise in Revelation 3:12, and other scriptures.

Revelation 3:12, “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation. 21:23-24, “and the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.” “and the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it…”

The above scriptures says the nations of them that are saved. These are the multitude out of every nation, kindreds, people, and tongue, kindred, that stood before the Lamb clothes in white robes. The multitude that John was seeing in Revelation 7:9, included those that John saw being sealed who were on the earth during God’s wrath, at the sixth seal being opened, Revelation 6:12. God is sealing His servants in their foreheads. The seal in the foreheads represents the name of the city in New Jerusalem, for each tribe of the Children of Israel, which all 12 cities measured 12,000 furlongs each, Revelation 21:16, (not counting).

Important to note that God is making a point to seal his servants during the time of His Wrath upon the earth during the tribulation period, being that there are those of his servants who are still alive, but will die during the tribulations. God does not want His wrath to be against His people, Revelation 9:4, so He seals them for this purpose: so that the angels who are executing His wrath will know who they are, therefore they will not be touched. The suffering that they will receive is from the anti-christ, but not from God's wrath. So again, this seal is not counting, but is the name written on them for the name of the city of God, Revelation 3:12.

Before the angel hurt the trees, sea, and earth, Revelation 7:3 these who are being sealed were spoken about in Revelation 6:9, during the fifth seal, where other of God’s servants had been killed. White robes had been given to them also, Revelation 6:11, and they were told to rest a little season until their fellow-servants and their brothers, should be killed as they were, be fulfilled. So those servants of God being sealed in Revelation 7 would be killed during the tribulation, but they were sealed beforehand. These are those who overcome the tribulation, where God writes upon them the name of the City of God, which is New Jerusalem (measures 144,000 cubits), Revelation 3:12.

Another example of the servants of God that were sealed in Revelation 7:3, is during the Fifth trumpet, where God tells the angel to not hurt the grass or any green thing, and to only hurt those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads, Revelation 9:4. Those who God did not want the angle to hurt in Revelation 9:4, are the same saints in Revelation 7:4-8 who have been sealed. Again to help people see that this is not counting in Revelation 7:4-8, but an actual seal in the foreheads of God’s servants, we have to look at what Jesus said in Revelation 3:12 again. And in Revelation 3:5, Jesus makes it clear that those who overcome will received white raiment (robes), and He will not blot their names out of the book of life.

One of the Elders (I believe these are those resurrected from Abraham’s Bosom when Jesus ascended, and these Elders are already in Heaven) made a point of pointing out those who come through great tribulation and had washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb, Revelation 7:13. These that came out of the tribulation serve God day and night in the Temple, Revelation 7:15-17, In addition to the great multitude that John saw, Revelation 7:9.

Note: The opening of the first seal by the Lamb to the sixth seal, encompasses the beginning of God’s wrath to the end where God will wipe away all tears. At the sixth seal you see the Lamb and God in the Temple, and you see the angels around the throne, there is no more hunger, no more thirst…," Revelation 7:16-17.

The seals, trumpets, and vials which are the wrath of God coming from heaven upon the earth, are all describing various views of the same tribulation event from beginning to end. What’s happening is each one is giving different accounts of events for the same period.

The Hundred Forty and Four Thousand standing on Mount Sion with the Lamb, has the Lamb’s Father’s name written on their foreheads, Revelation 14:1. These are the same sealed in Revelation 7:3-8, and spoken about in Revelation 3:12.

The 144,000 standing on Mount Zion, Revelation 14:4 are called virgins.

“For they are virgins” does not mean men who never had a relationship with a woman. It means those who are saints in Christ, and who are to be married to the Lamb:

2 Corinthians 11:2, for I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Matthew 25:1, then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

Matthew 25:6, and at midnight there was a cry made, behold, the bridegroom cometh; go you out to meet him.

Matthew 25:7, then all those virgins arose, and. Trimmed their lamps.

Matthew 25:11, and afterwards came also the other virgins, saying, lord, lord, open to us.

Revelation 19:7, let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready

Revelation 21:2, And I john saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Church and the 144,000

Revelation 7:3-4 describe the 144,000 as “sealed.” That description is reserved in the NT for believers in Christ – His Body and Bride – the Church:

2 Corinthians 1:21-22
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

Ephesians 1:13
In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30
Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

The Revelation 7 passage is therefore conveying the insight that the OT Israelitish faithful saints of God are included under the NT banner of the Church. This is further confirmed by the meanings of the names of the listed tribes and substitutes (Levi and Joseph replacing Dan and Ephraim), describing spiritual qualities and experiences of those who comprise the Church:
Similarly, the meanings of the names of Dan and Ephraim convey the reasons for their exclusion:
Satan in the guise of the serpent was responsible for the fall of mankind in Genesis 3, and for the bruising of Messiah's heel in Scripture's first recorded prophecy of Genesis 3:15. It was the same serpent Satan whose head Messiah bruised at Calvary.
  • Ephraim means “fruitful in the land of mine affliction” (Genesis 41:52)
The reference to “the land of mine affliction” in Ephraim's name's meaning is to that of Egypt, which in Scripture is both a literal and spiritual reality and symbol of bondage. But the Church, God's Chosen People, do not inhabit a land of spiritual affliction and bondage. Rather, they inhabit the Heavenly Jerusalem on Mount Sion (Hebrews 12:22,23), located in the Heavenly Country that God has prepared for the faithful (Hebrews 11:16).

Of additional significance is the order in which the names are presented, differing from the usual presentation by order of birth. In particular, Judah appears first, in recognition of its role as the tribal progenitor of Christ, the Lion of Judah.

While rebellion and apostasy were repetitive afflictions of the OT Israelites, there were still thousands who remained faithful (1 Kings 19:18). Their number is depicted as 12, a scriptural value representing faithfulness; multiplied by 12, representing the faithful from each of the twelve tribes; multiplied by 1,000 representing the indeterminate but large number (Psalms 50:10; Psalms 91:7; Revelation 5:11) of the total faithful in Israel; thus, 144,000.

Revelation 14 continues the descriptions further reflecting the qualities and experiences of the redeemed – the Church. Absent here is any mention of tribal, ethnic, or other distinctions, thus conveying the reality of the inclusivity and unity of the NT Church which now embraces both Israelite and Gentile. Its number can also be depicted as 12, representing faithfulness; multipled by 12 representing the 12 faithful apostles, who with the prophets comprise the foundation of the NT church, with Christ as the Chief Cornerstone (Ephesians 2:20); multiplied by 1,000 representing the indeterminate but large number of the total faithful in the NT Church; thus, also 144,000.

The NT Church's inclusivity and unity are declared in the following:

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:14
For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall…

Colossians 3:11
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

The 144,00 are described as celibate, meaning that as the Bride of Christ, they are not defiled by adultery with the world (James 4:4). They sing a new song of deliverance and victory. They follow Christ wherever He goes. Their residence is heavenly Jerusalem on Mount Zion. (Hebrews 12:22)

No doubt about it…the Church is written all over the 144,000.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to share what was revealed to me about the 144 Thousand in Revelations 7. I shared this in another post, but want to share it here.

Some say that the 144,000 in Revelations 7 is the 12 tribes from the nation of Israel that are being counted, where 12,000 per tribe are sealed, totaling 144,000.

Well, that's not the 12 tribes of the nation of Israel being sealed in the way you might think, and they are not being counted. The saints/God's servants are being sealed for their city in New Jerusalem.

Revelations 21, there are 12 gates in New Jerusalem, with an angel at each gate. Each gate leads to a city for each tribe of Israel. So there are 12 cities per tribe that measures 12,000 furlongs (same as the the number in Revelation 7). The entire wall of the city, measures 144,000 cubits, Revelations 21:17 (same number in Revelation 7). When God's servants are sealed by the angel, they are being sealed for their city (Revelations 3:12) that's designated for the tribe they have been selected for by God, which measures 12,000 furlong. They are not being counted. The angels at the 12 gates seeing the seal, will know which saint goes to what tribe, and what city, out of the multitude of those saved out of every nation and every tongue. Because they are not all the original, they are from other nations (Gentiles), and have been grafted in to Israel, Romans 11:24, and share the same promise as Israel, Ephesians 3:6.

For example:
The city of Dan in New Jerusalem measures 12,000 furlongs, so there will be groups of saved saints from different nations sealed by the angel for the city of Dan. The seal is for the city of Dan.

The city of Levi in New Jerusalem measures 12,000 furlongs, so there will be groups of saved saints from different nations sealed by the angel for the city of Levi. The seal is for the city of Levi.

Etc., etc., etc.

The entire 12 cities per tribe all are within New Jerusalem, which the wall that has 12 foundations, measures 144,000 cubits.

Hi biblelesson,

I believe you have some good revelation there. I also saw and believe that the 144,000 are the ones mentioned as to the `walls,` of the New Jerusalem. (Rev. 21: 14 - 17)

However they cannot include the Body of Christ for we have been promised a different inheritance - in the third heaven. Remember that the city comes DOWN out of heaven from God, (Rev. 21: 2) whereas we, the Body of Christ are on Mount Zion in the angelic realm, with the Lord n His throne. (Rev. 3: 21)

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is an explanation that I hope helps!

The hundred forty and four thousand are not being counted in Revelation 7:3-8, they are being sealed for a specific tribe of Israel (12 tribes of Israel), where all the cities for each tribe of Israel dwells within New Jerusalem, Revelation 21:10-27.

The hundred forty and four thousand that are being sealed in Revelation 7:3-8, are sealed based on Jesus’s promise in Revelation 3:12, and other scriptures.

Revelation 3:12, “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation. 21:23-24, “and the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.” “and the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it…”

The above scriptures says the nations of them that are saved. These are the multitude out of every nation, kindreds, people, and tongue, kindred, that stood before the Lamb clothes in white robes. The multitude that John was seeing in Revelation 7:9, included those that John saw being sealed who were on the earth during God’s wrath, at the sixth seal being opened, Revelation 6:12. God is sealing His servants in their foreheads. The seal in the foreheads represents the name of the city in New Jerusalem, for each tribe of the Children of Israel, which all 12 cities measured 12,000 furlongs each, Revelation 21:16, (not counting).

Important to note that God is making a point to seal his servants during the time of His Wrath upon the earth during the tribulation period, being that there are those of his servants who are still alive, but will die during the tribulations. God does not want His wrath to be against His people, Revelation 9:4, so He seals them for this purpose: so that the angels who are executing His wrath will know who they are, therefore they will not be touched. The suffering that they will receive is from the anti-christ, but not from God's wrath. So again, this seal is not counting, but is the name written on them for the name of the city of God, Revelation 3:12.

Before the angel hurt the trees, sea, and earth, Revelation 7:3 these who are being sealed were spoken about in Revelation 6:9, during the fifth seal, where other of God’s servants had been killed. White robes had been given to them also, Revelation 6:11, and they were told to rest a little season until their fellow-servants and their brothers, should be killed as they were, be fulfilled. So those servants of God being sealed in Revelation 7 would be killed during the tribulation, but they were sealed beforehand. These are those who overcome the tribulation, where God writes upon them the name of the City of God, which is New Jerusalem (measures 144,000 cubits), Revelation 3:12.

Another example of the servants of God that were sealed in Revelation 7:3, is during the Fifth trumpet, where God tells the angel to not hurt the grass or any green thing, and to only hurt those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads, Revelation 9:4. Those who God did not want the angle to hurt in Revelation 9:4, are the same saints in Revelation 7:4-8 who have been sealed. Again to help people see that this is not counting in Revelation 7:4-8, but an actual seal in the foreheads of God’s servants, we have to look at what Jesus said in Revelation 3:12 again. And in Revelation 3:5, Jesus makes it clear that those who overcome will received white raiment (robes), and He will not blot their names out of the book of life.

One of the Elders (I believe these are those resurrected from Abraham’s Bosom when Jesus ascended, and these Elders are already in Heaven) made a point of pointing out those who come through great tribulation and had washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb, Revelation 7:13. These that came out of the tribulation serve God day and night in the Temple, Revelation 7:15-17, In addition to the great multitude that John saw, Revelation 7:9.

Note: The opening of the first seal by the Lamb to the sixth seal, encompasses the beginning of God’s wrath to the end where God will wipe away all tears. At the sixth seal you see the Lamb and God in the Temple, and you see the angels around the throne, there is no more hunger, no more thirst…," Revelation 7:16-17.

The seals, trumpets, and vials which are the wrath of God coming from heaven upon the earth, are all describing various views of the same tribulation event from beginning to end. What’s happening is each one is giving different accounts of events for the same period.

The Hundred Forty and Four Thousand standing on Mount Sion with the Lamb, has the Lamb’s Father’s name written on their foreheads, Revelation 14:1. These are the same sealed in Revelation 7:3-8, and spoken about in Revelation 3:12.

The 144,000 standing on Mount Zion, Revelation 14:4 are called virgins.

“For they are virgins” does not mean men who never had a relationship with a woman. It means those who are saints in Christ, and who are to be married to the Lamb:

2 Corinthians 11:2, for I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Matthew 25:1, then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

Matthew 25:6, and at midnight there was a cry made, behold, the bridegroom cometh; go you out to meet him.

Matthew 25:7, then all those virgins arose, and. Trimmed their lamps.

Matthew 25:11, and afterwards came also the other virgins, saying, lord, lord, open to us.

Revelation 19:7, let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready

Revelation 21:2, And I john saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
I will meditate what you shared with me. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You are funny! Is there something you need me to explain? Or are there scriptures I can refer you to for clarification?
Ya, I read through Rev 21 again and I didn't find anything to indicate that each gate leads to a different city or that there are 12 cities. Please show me the scripture.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ya, I read through Rev 21 again and I didn't find anything to indicate that each gate leads to a different city or that there are 12 cities. Please show me the scripture.

Here are the scriptures:

Notice Revelations 21:15 says,
1) “...to measure the city, and the gates thereof,
2) “...the wall thereof
(the word thereof makes the separation showing you that the city and the gates are one measurement & the wall is another measurement)

(The city and gate are a combined measurement - you have to go through the gate to get to the city) (there are 12 gates, leading to a city, so there are 12 cities for each tribe of Israel)

Revelation 21:15, “And he that talked to me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

Revelation 21:16, “And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. (notice here the measurement is referring to the city, and did not mention measuring the gate as in Revelation 21:15. The reason for is because the gate is measured with the city)

Revelations 21:17, “And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measurement of a man, that is, of an angel.

I hope this helps,

God bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Here are the scriptures:

Notice Revelations 21:15 says,
1) “...to measure the city, and the gates thereof,
2) “...the wall thereof
(the word thereof makes the separation showing you that the city and the gates are one measurement & the wall is another measurement)

(The city and gate are a combined measurement - you have to go through the gate to get to the city) (there are 12 gates, leading to a city, so there are 12 cities for each tribe of Israel)

Revelation 21:15, “And he that talked to me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

Revelation 21:16, “And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. (notice here the measurement is referring to the city, and did not mention measuring the gate as in Revelation 21:15. The reason for is because the gate is measured with the city)

Revelations 21:17, “And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measurement of a man, that is, of an angel.

I hope this helps,

God bless!
"Measure the city and the gates thereof". The word "thereof" means that the gates are "of" the city. City. Singular. Not plural. There's absolutely no indication here that there are multiple cities, only that there are multiple gates of a single city.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Measure the city and the gates thereof". The word "thereof" means that the gates are "of" the city. City. Singular. Not plural. There's absolutely no indication here that there are multiple cities, only that there are multiple gates of a single city.

You might be right! I will look at that again because Revelation 22:14 says, “...May enter in through the gates into the city. So it might be one city, but 12 gates.

More scripture review in Zachariah 2:4,...”Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls. But read from Zachariah 2:1-5.

Could these towns be cities for each tribe?

However, what I was showing is God’s servants in Revelations 7:4-8 were being sealed for the city in New Jerusalem that measured 12,000 furlong. So the seal is identifying each saint for a tribe of Israel and for the city as “the twelve thousand,” because that’s the city’s measurement.

Thank you for going over the scriptures. Cause for further study!

God bless

Last edited:
Reactions: Freedm
Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You might be right! I will look at that again because Revelation 22:14 says, “...May enter in through the gates into the city. So it might be one city, but 12 gates.

More scripture review in Zachariah 2:4,...”Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls. But read from Zachariah 2:1-5.

Could these towns be cities for each tribe?

However, what I was showing is God’s servants in Revelations 7:4-8 were being sealed for the city in New Jerusalem that measured 12,000 furlong. So the seal is identifying each saint for a tribe of Israel and for the city as “the twelve thousand,” because that’s the city’s measurement.

Thank you for going over the scriptures. Cause for further study!

God bless
As long as you're studying this city, you might want to consider that the new Jerusalem is not a physical city, but a spiritual city. The description of the city is fully symbolic, because we are that city.

Revelation 21:2
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

The city is the bride of Christ, and we are the bride of Christ. We are the new Jerusalem.

• Agree
Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want to share what was revealed to me about the 144 Thousand in Revelations 7. I shared this in another post, but want to share it here.

Some say that the 144,000 in Revelations 7 is the 12 tribes from the nation of Israel that are being counted, where 12,000 per tribe are sealed, totaling 144,000.

Well, that's not the 12 tribes of the nation of Israel being sealed in the way you might think, and they are not being counted. The saints/God's servants are being sealed for their city in New Jerusalem.

Revelations 21, there are 12 gates in New Jerusalem....

I wonder why whoever revealed this to you didn't consider revealing the fact that RevelatioN has no "S" at the end?

Its Revelation singular, not RevelationS plural...Seems weird that basic fact didnt get revealed to you.
Kinda renders the rest of your "revelation" suspect.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder why whoever revealed this to you didn't consider revealing the fact that RevelatioN has no "S" at the end?

Its Revelation singular, not RevelationS plural...Seems weird that basic fact didnt get revealed to you.
Kinda renders the rest of your "revelation" suspect.

It just a habit. Like some people type Psalms, instead of Psalm. You See. So my references to Revelation cannot be suspect because I did not write the book of Revelation. So you can find each of the scriptures if you chose to look at them, unless you can't find the book of Revelation because I mistakenly put an S on the end. Your call!

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As long as you're studying this city, you might want to consider that the new Jerusalem is not a physical city, but a spiritual city. The description of the city is fully symbolic, because we are that city.

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

The city is the bride of Christ, and we are the bride of Christ. We are the new Jerusalem.

There is nothing that agrees with this statement. New Jerusalem has a clear description and it's not symbolic: Revelation 21:10-22 and Revelation 22:1-2 gives a detailed description, therefore how can it be symbolic.
Please explain what the entire description of New Jerusalem is a symbol of? You have use one scripture for your explanation, which does not explain how you determine that New Jerusalem is symbolic, and you have not referenced other scriptures to show what you are saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The city is the bride of Christ, and we are the bride of Christ is correct? Because we are the bride of Christ, we will inhabit the city that's called the bride of Christ. The city is adorned beautifully for the bride, us! It's our city. The place that Jesus said in my Father's house are many mansions...I go to prepare a place for you, John 14:2; I will go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and received you unto myself... John 14:3.

That place that Jesus was talking about preparing in His Father's house which had many mansions, was New Jerusalem that's in Revelation 21 & Revelation 22.

So how can it be symbolic? That means that what you are saying is Jesus's Father's house is symbolic. So Heaven is symbolic and there are no mansions as Jesus said. See what you are saying without searching the scriptures and just using only one scripture to try and fit a point of view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The city is adorned beautifully for the bride, us!

Not for the bride. As the bride. The city is the bride.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Heck

Sep 13, 2019
Carlisle
✟17,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The city comes down from heaven to combine the physical city, already built, with the spiritual city in an
irrevocable union, like unto husband and wife. This is the similar kind of union existing in the Garden of Eden before the Fall where physical was combined with spiritual. Without the new heavens and new earth this wouldn't be appropriate. Scripture doesn't tell us how the physical city will be built.

One problem exists with the 12,000 furlongs. This measure would be equivalent to 1,500 miles if 8 furlongs equal one mile. Since the height of the city is also 12,000 furlongs, the city would be so high as to interfere with satellite or space station orbits. Ezek 48:30-35 gives one side of the city as 4,500 measures of the royal cubit of about 20.6 inches, or about 1.46 miles. If the Greek definition of furlong (stadia) is used we get 1,379 miles for the height of the city.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One problem exists with the 12,000 furlongs. This measure would be equivalent to 1,500 miles if 8 furlongs equal one mile. Since the height of the city is also 12,000 furlongs, the city would be so high as to interfere with satellite or space station orbits.

By that time there will be no satellite or space stations. There will be a new heaven and a new earth, the first heaven and first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. Revelation 21:1.

So since the first heaven and first earth passes away; that's the heaven we can see, New Jerusalem could possible encompass the new heaven and new earth dimensions. We don't know, however, there are three heavens, 2 Corinthians 12:2-4.

Also, the wall of the city measures 144 cubits, the measurement of a man, that is of an angel, Revelation 21:17. If the measurements are of an angel, that could mean heavenly measurements which would be different from man's measurements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The city comes down from heaven to combine the physical city, already built, with the spiritual city in an
irrevocable union, like unto husband and wife.
That's kind of odd, to say that we are the bride of a physical city. The Bible tells us that we are the bride of Christ, not the bride of Jerusalem.

One problem exists with the 12,000 furlongs. This measure would be equivalent to 1,500 miles if 8 furlongs equal one mile. Since the height of the city is also 12,000 furlongs, the city would be so high as to interfere with satellite or space station orbits. Ezek 48:30-35 gives one side of the city as 4,500 measures of the royal cubit of about 20.6 inches, or about 1.46 miles. If the Greek definition of furlong (stadia) is used we get 1,379 miles for the height of the city.
That's a pretty big problem wouldn't you say? Perhaps those measurements are symbolic after all? ;)

Upvote 0