College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to share what was revealed to me about the 144 Thousand in Revelations 7. I shared this in another post, but want to share it here.

Some say that the 144,000 in Revelations 7 is the 12 tribes from the nation of Israel that are being counted, where 12,000 per tribe are sealed, totaling 144,000.

Well, that's not the 12 tribes of the nation of Israel being sealed in the way you might think, and they are not being counted. The saints/God's servants are being sealed for their city in New Jerusalem.

Revelations 21, there are 12 gates in New Jerusalem, with an angel at each gate. Each gate leads to a city for each tribe of Israel. So there are 12 cities per tribe that measures 12,000 furlongs (same as the the number in Revelation 7). The entire wall of the city, measures 144,000 cubits, Revelations 21:17 (same number in Revelation 7). When God's servants are sealed by the angel, they are being sealed for their city (Revelations 3:12) that's designated for the tribe they have been selected for by God, which measures 12,000 furlong. They are not being counted. The angels at the 12 gates seeing the seal, will know which saint goes to what tribe, and what city, out of the multitude of those saved out of every nation and every tongue. Because they are not all the original, they are from other nations (Gentiles), and have been grafted in to Israel, Romans 11:24, and share the same promise as Israel, Ephesians 3:6.

For example:
The city of Dan in New Jerusalem measures 12,000 furlongs, so there will be groups of saved saints from different nations sealed by the angel for the city of Dan. The seal is for the city of Dan.

The city of Levi in New Jerusalem measures 12,000 furlongs, so there will be groups of saved saints from different nations sealed by the angel for the city of Levi. The seal is for the city of Levi.

Etc., etc., etc.

The entire 12 cities per tribe all are within New Jerusalem, which the wall that has 12 foundations, measures 144,000 cubits.

Reactions: Zao is life

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is no scriptural reason to believe that the 144,000 are none other than the true seed of the twelve tribes.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no scriptural reason to believe that the 144,000 are none other than the true seed of the twelve tribes.

I have plenty of scriptural reasons to believe that the 144,000 are not just the true seed of the twelve tribes, but are all (Jew and Gentile) who will inherit New Jerusalem.

Otherwise, it's being said that only 144,000 of the twelve tribes are being sealed or counted or saved. What about the others? And how is it possible to select just that number, 12,000 per tribe, and 144,000 total, and for what purpose? The bible should explain this if this is the case, and the bible does not explain this.

But the bible does explain that the seal (which is not a number) is for each city for each tribe which measures 12,000, and the wall of New Jerusalem measures 144,000. That makes more sense that the saints are receiving their portion of their inheritance in New Jerusalem, and are being sealed to inhabit one of the cities that's designated for a specific tribe of the 12 tribes of Israel.

Last edited:
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I want to share what was revealed to me about the 144 Thousand in Revelations 7. I shared this in another post, but want to share it here.

Some say that the 144,000 in Revelations 7 is the 12 tribes from the nation of Israel that are being counted, where 12,000 per tribe are sealed, totaling 144,000.
They were gathered as the firstfruits. They are gathered from among Israel, as it is
natural Israel who kept the feasts of Torah. Firstfruits=Pentecost. There were no
gathering of Gentiles at Pentecost. [Acts 2]

Revelation 14:
Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him 144,000,
having His Father’s name written on their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of
loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps.
3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures,
and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the 144,000 who were redeemed
from the earth.
4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins.
These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes.
These were redeemed from men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.
And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.

James 1:1 James, a bond servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.
18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be
a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Otherwise, it's being said that only 144,000 of the twelve tribes are being sealed or counted or saved. What about the others? And how is it possible to select just that number, 12,000 per tribe, and 144,000 total, and for what purpose? The bible should explain this if this is the case, and the bible does not explain this.
Revelation 14 explains.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were gathered as the firstfruits. They are gathered from among Israel, as it is
natural Israel who kept the feasts of Torah. Firstfruits=Pentecost. There were no
gathering of Gentiles at Pentecost. [Acts 2]

Revelation 14:
Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him 144,000,
having His Father’s name written on their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of
loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps.
3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures,
and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the 144,000 who were redeemed
from the earth.
4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins.
These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes.
These were redeemed from men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.
And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.

James 1:1 James, a bond servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.
18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be
a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

What you have written does not explain Revelation 14. I can break down each and every verse for you with other verses in the bible to clearly explain what's going on. So, you must be more clear and methodic in your explaining these events. Not just your opinion.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not everyone is the bride, many are the friends of the bridegroom.

So. you are saying that some won't inherit New Jerusalem? So, if that's the case, which scripture talks about that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you want me to break down the meaning in Revelations 14 for you, or are you going to break it down for me?
Not in this forum. You can do what you want. Revelation 14 is relevant, right?
Just offering more information on the topic. Firstfruits is also relevant, as mentioned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
What you have written does not explain Revelation 14. I can break down each and every verse for you with other verses in the bible to clearly explain what's going on. So, you must be more clear and methodic in your explaining these events. Not just your opinion.
It certainly does explain why the 144,000 could pertain to natural Israel and not Gentiles.
You can disagree, that 's fine. Again, seemed relevant to your topic. Not necessarily for this
forum.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It certainly does explain why the 144,000 could pertain to natural Israel and not Gentiles.
You can disagree, that 's fine. Again, seemed relevant to your topic. Not necessarily for this
forum.

You have not explained. You just threw out scriptures! And the scriptures you referred to does not relate, and if they do, how?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You just threw out scriptures!
Scriptures that relate to the topic. Anyone can read them and decide for themselves.
And the scriptures you referred to does not relate, and if they do, how?
They are scriptures that you omitted from your OP. How do they not relate? The topic is
the 144,000 John saw with the Lord. If you think they are a different 144,000, just say so.
You have no comment on the firstfruits? You do realize the feast of Pentecost has past.
That is as much as I am going to "explain", as it is plainly written in the text.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So. you are saying that some won't inherit New Jerusalem? So, if that's the case, which scripture talks about that?

I said that not everyone who is saved is the bride of Christ. Most are friends of the bridegroom. Only the "elect lady" is the bride.

Revelation 19

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said that not everyone who is saved is the bride of Christ. Most are friends of the bridegroom. Only the "elect lady" is the bride.

Revelation 19

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

I see where you are going with this, but where is the full explanation based on other scriptures because the Bible references other scriptures so that you can fully understand the word!

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well, that's not the 12 tribes of the nation of Israel being sealed in the way you might think, and they are not being counted. The saints/God's servants are being sealed for their city in New Jerusalem.

Revelations 21, there are 12 gates in New Jerusalem, with an angel at each gate. Each gate leads to a city for each tribe of Israel. So there are 12 cities per tribe that measures 12,000 furlongs (same as the the number in Revelation 7). The entire wall of the city, measures 144,000 cubits, Revelations 21:17 (same number in Revelation 7). When God's servants are sealed by the angel, they are being sealed for their city (Revelations 3:12) that's designated for the tribe they have been selected for by God, which measures 12,000 furlong. They are not being counted. The angels at the 12 gates seeing the seal, will know which saint goes to what tribe, and what city, out of the multitude of those saved out of every nation and every tongue. Because they are not all the original, they are from other nations (Gentiles), and have been grafted in to Israel, Romans 11:24, and share the same promise as Israel, Ephesians 3:6.

For example:
The city of Dan in New Jerusalem measures 12,000 furlongs, so there will be groups of saved saints from different nations sealed by the angel for the city of Dan. The seal is for the city of Dan.

The city of Levi in New Jerusalem measures 12,000 furlongs, so there will be groups of saved saints from different nations sealed by the angel for the city of Levi. The seal is for the city of Levi.

Etc., etc., etc.

The entire 12 cities per tribe all are within New Jerusalem, which the wall that has 12 foundations, measures 144,000 cubits.
Dear one,
Please do share what has been revealed to you.
I do have heard that those who are Gentiles but Jews by nature who were never defiled by women. And they truly followed the Lamb wherever He goes. So I do share your perspective.

I will be interested to hear scriptural references and explaination.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They are the virgin males who are christians. Jews are jews by spirit. Israel is not still God's nation. The church is. They are most close to Christ because they are like him, Christ himself is virgin. So virgin christians have the highest reward in heaven.
Yippee.

• Haha
Reactions: Freedm
Upvote 0