✟435,270.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I saw this on FB.
The very fact that a twelve-year old should have to become conscious of abortion is a terrible destruction of innocence. Abortion ought to be so rare, horrifying and hushed up that there would be no social discussion fthe issue, any more than there is of necrophilia.
It is our own damned fault.

That said, the innocence IS lost. All that is left is to send this girl to address Congress.

Upvote 0
D

Damooster

I couldn't agree more rusmeister. Innocence is lost!

There is currently an uproar about a Catholic nun that gave a speech at a Catholic high school. All she did was teach what the RC teachers about homosexuality, transgender etc. But she has been getting blasted by teens who started an online petition because of her intolerance. It's one of the many reasons why I want to run from the RC. There's no turning back.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I saw this on FB.
The very fact that a twelve-year old should have to become conscious of abortion is a terrible destruction of innocence. Abortion ought to be so rare, horrifying and hushed up that there would be no social discussion fthe issue, any more than there is of necrophilia.

That said, the innocence IS lost. All that is left is to send this girl to address Congress.

solid point rus. I remember when I was 12 the thing that most entered my mind Batman, riding my bike around, and such. that being said, I am glad she is on the correct side of the issue.

Upvote 0

FormerRocor

Mar 7, 2014
✟15,129.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That nun was crazy to gay bash as she did. If one LGBT youth commits suicide because of her malice, the blood will be on her conscience. The Gay bashes of today, said hateful things about Blacks and their so called sexual deviancies 80 years ago. Much of this is still repeated on White supremacy websites. Given Russians and now Greece so hatred of Blacks, I was a victim myself of Russian Orthodox anti- Black bigotry in the 1980s when Blessed Father Seraphim, who never did such a thing was alive and had influence at the famous cathedral the Joy of all who Sorrow, in San Francisco, one would think that Orthodox Christians would be working to get rid of in themselves bigotry of all kinds instead of justifying

the actions of some malicious cult controlled Catholic. People are waking up. I hope the first parents of some youth killed by this creature's warped views of sexuality

Upvote 0

FormerRocor

Mar 7, 2014
✟15,129.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Want to really know what people thought 80 years ago, try talking to seniors, I do. They can tell you what they and their parents and grandparents who may have been slaves heard about Blacks, how oversexed and perverse they were . This is one reason for the establishment of the KKK and Jim Crow. You can read the same on Stormfront. As for Blacks and abortion if Black women choose it, what business is that of mine or yours. You DO know that the Tea Partier, Reagan Democrat, and the Republican of today will call the poor or unwed Black woman who keeps her child a welfare queen, a promiscuous bum, a lazy breeder etc;. They only care about the unborn so called baby and vote against health care, shelter, food and education for both mother and child after it's born. Also, they vote for harsh penal laws to fast track them into prison. The anti abortion movement is about punishing women for recreational sex and wanting to get White women out of the job., college and political sphereaand back into being disposable, breeders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FormerRocor

Mar 7, 2014
✟15,129.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
To each their own ; I challenged the RCC viewpoint on abortion in print when I was 15 and to the local RCC newspaper no less - perhaps her interest is from personal experience, say from happened to a friend, schoolmate or a relative. I admire her courage, I'd admire it even if her views oppose mine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,270.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I saw this on FB.
The very fact that a twelve-year old should have to become conscious of abortion is a terrible destruction of innocence. Abortion ought to be so rare, horrifying and hushed up that there would be no social discussion of the issue, any more than there is of necrophilia.

It's not "we", it's me. I don't want her talking about this. I sure minded my preteen business when I was her age and left adult matters to adults.
I agree with you, Mariya. And I think I put it even more strongly.
But just out of curiosity, is your objection to what she says or only to the fact that she is dealng with this stuff at 12? She basically states the Church's position, which we all ought to accept.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,270.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can respect her opinion, even if I disagree with it. I only hope as she gets older, that she will respect to other Christian points of view there are Pro choice Christians and not try to impose her views on to others.
I note that in regards to what you see as "sexism" in the idea that not all men and women are qualified to do the same things, you do not respect the opinion you disagree with at all, because you think that denying women (missing the point that it is denied to most men as well) the priesthood is akin to slavery and torture.

Well, we think abortion is akin to murder, that it is in fact murder.

We do not "respect" that opinion here.

Please remember that in posting here you are not in a general forum, but in a sub-forum for members of the Eastern Orthodox Church, and you may not teach or promote ideas contrary to the established teaching of the Church here. To do so is a violation of the rules that can get your posts deleted.

As far as I see, you have just shown up here. You are very welcome to inquire about the teachings of the Church, and in friendly fellowship that does not challenge Orthodox teaching.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Indeed. imho there is no such thing as a "pro choice Orthodox Christian." We can disagree about voting and politics and war, several things, but the slaughter of innocents is off the table along with gay "marriage" and other absurdities. I tire of people trying to muddy the waters of good and evil. Orthodoxy and abortion are incompatible. If that is interpreted by society as "intolerant" then intolerant I must be.

I note that in regards to what you see as "sexism" in the idea that not all men and women are qualified to do the same things, you do not respect the opinion you disagree with at all, because you think that denying women (missing the point that it is denied to most men as well) the priesthood is akin to slavery and torture.

Well, we think abortion is akin to murder, that it is in fact murder.

We do not "respect" that opinion here.

Please remember that in posting here you are not in a general forum, but in a sub-forum for members of the Eastern Orthodox Church, and you may not teach or promote ideas contrary to the established teaching of the Church here. To do so is a violation of the rules that can get your posts deleted.

As far as I see, you have just shown up here. You are very welcome to inquire about the teachings of the Church, and in friendly fellowship that does not challenge Orthodox teaching.

Upvote 0