12 National Guard Removed from Inauguration Duty for Links to Right Wing Extremism

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
When I was in uniform, what a soldier personally thought about the war in Iraq was not even an issue - it was an entirely personally matter.
Many soldiers in Vietnam were against the war but would not let that interfere with their mission. Their lives and lives of their fellow soldiers mattered more. Unfortunately most politicians (as well as civilians) now days have never served and don't understand that very simple fact.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Did they attempt to hang Pence? Then it is protected free speech.
It's incitement to imminent lawless action. It's also as much as free speech as yelling fire is in a theater.

Do you even know how your own country's freedom for speech functions? I'm shocked!

(Aside- I'm not shocked).

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It's incitement to imminent lawless action. It's also as much as free speech as yelling fire is in a theater.

Do you even know how your own country's freedom for speech functions? I'm shocked!

(Aside- I'm not shocked).
A threat requires intent and capability otherwise it is protected free speech. I am shocked....shocked I say! I love how foreigners try to explain our own laws to us.......sigh.:sigh:

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,455.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
A threat requires intent and capability otherwise it is protected free speech. I am shocked....shocked I say! I love how foreigners try to explain our own laws to us.......sigh.:sigh:
They built a gallows.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,455.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What?....you never heard of symbolism?
So I guess in your book, screaming "Hang Mike Pence" stays protected speech until Pence is strangulated to death?

Another thing. In Iran, it's common practice to chant "death to america" while burning american flags. What's your view on that? Because I distinctly get the impression that this kind of behaviour is universally condemned by US conservatives.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So I guess in your book, screaming "Hang Mike Pence" stays protected speech until Pence is strangulated to death?
Re-read #88.....sheesh!!!!!!!
Another thing. In Iran, it's common practice to chant "death to america" while burning american flags. What's your view on that? Because I distinctly get the impression that this kind of behaviour is universally condemned by US conservatives.
They can chant all they want; now if they want to try it then the rules get serious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So, what exactly did he say that 'whipped up a violent mob'.....you don't seem to explain that.
It was all over the news, I'd think someone interested in current events and politics would have read about it.

It was lots of pseudo-fascist stuff like

But I said something’s wrong here, something is really wrong, can have happened.

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Wait I was just told that all the R voters were removed from duty for this event. Can you people confer and get your stories straight before posting here please!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 12 National Guard soldiers were removed from their duty less than 24 hours prior to the inauguration. From accounts I read, the FBI did not provide details. Given the circumstances, it was the right security move.

Until more details are available, I am reserving judgement.

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, just another example of how bad the country was run by the outgoing administration. No wonder he couldn't manage to get reelected.

Deploying so many troops to Washington was the wrong move? But was that Trump's decision?

Upvote 0

Embedded

May 13, 2012
✟33,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
FYI: The military does have a problem with hate groups The military has a hate group problem. But it doesn't know how bad it's gotten.
It will be interesting to see what, if anything, the Biden administration does about this.

From my experience in the military (USMC 1970s-80s) and what little I can remember of the UCMJ and my oath if I had participated in the forced entry of the capitol building on January 6 2021 I would have been up for a court martial at the very least.
I also would have taken a very dim view of any of my fellow Marines if they had taken part. Not least of the reasons are because I would be both honor and duty bound to report them to my superiors AND honor and duty bound NOT to report them. Personally I would find it a relief if the FBI had them pulled from that duty.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It was all over the news, I'd think someone interested in current events and politics would have read about it.

It was lots of pseudo-fascist stuff like

But I said something’s wrong here, something is really wrong, can have happened.

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.
Oooooh....WOW.......that really whipped me up.....:sigh:

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Deploying so many troops to Washington was the wrong move?
I didn't say that. Please, if you're going to respond to my posts at least read them first. If you have any difficulties understanding, just ask and someone will be sure to help you out.

Upvote 0