12 National Guard Removed from Inauguration Duty for Links to Right Wing Extremism

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So what next?......Hitler/Stalin type purges of the military? You want the military to not trust the civilian leadership just continue down this same path.

Hyperbole.

They removed 12 people from the capital defense for inappropriate social media comments. A stalinist purge it was not.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well we will see if they did it wrong.
As with most preventative measures, you'll never know when you did too much, but you'll definitely know when you did too little.

• Winner
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If they're entirely correct to worry, that only augments my point about the government's vulnerability.

We saw on the 6th what not worrying about such things looks like.

It isn't about the number. Even if it was zero, that the government finds in necessary to politically vet its soldiers in this manner betrays a weakness that it is increasingly unable to conceal. It that way the storming of the Capitol fulfilled its purpose...

They were being reassigned because of posts and such of theirs antithetical to their duty.

I would expect the same from any organization public or private.

• Winner
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
12 conspiracy theorists out of 100 senators that are still currently holding office.
You mean the 'Russia, Russia, Russia' senators?....or the ones who still believe the Steele Dossier was truth and fact?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You mean the 'Russia, Russia, Russia' senators?....or the ones who still believe the Steele Dossier was truth and fact?

Conspiracies exist, and all political activity is conspiracy, since it involves people collaborating together towards an end. The question is not whether we believe in conspiracies, it is which conspiracies we believe in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, this simply how you begin mistrust in the military.

I never claimed it was.....go back and read the post again.

I read it the first time and you suggested that it was next which tells me you think that the things are at least some what comparable. I called that hyperbole.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But the question is, why would you look for that in first place?
You might have missed it, but a few weeks ago right-wing terrorists were whipped up into a violent mob by the ex-president and attacked the US Capitol. Some people find that troubling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,671.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So looting, rioting, burning, sacking police stations is not insurrection?...Then what the heck is?
It’s not. Storming the Capitol shouting ‘hang Pence’ is.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
There were thousands, however.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's Inauguration Day was marred by noisy demonstrations, shoving matches and sporadic clashes with cops that resulted in more than 200 arrests.

Three-thousand members of local, state and federal law enforcement — backed by 5,000 National Guard members and police officers from as far away as New Jersey — patrolled the streets as the evening's festivities got under way and the legions of protesters still seething over the Manhattan mogul's unexpected victory threatened more disruptions.

There has never been 25,000 troops deployed to the capital before. Not even during the Battle of Fort Stevens. Four square miles of the city are barricaded off, and three bridges going into the city are closed. 13 DC Metro stations are closed. These are far from standard security measures. The inauguration is more of a military mission than a celebration. As was my original point, all of this underscores the government's vulnerability.

Especially ironic considering all the talk last summer about defunding the police - no expense spared on security for the elites, but can't be bothered with security for ordinary Americans...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes Federal Marshals have a different job than Secret Service. FM's are LEo's with the power to detain, arrest and use deadly force against civilians. By swearing in NG soldiers you are empowering them with the same authority......an authority which is not something they should have.

I will take your word for it as I am sure you are more knowledgeable on the subject than I am.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I read it the first time and you suggested that it was next which tells me you think that the things are at least some what comparable. I called that hyperbole.
No, it follows Newton's 3rd law of motion. Gov. Abbott demonstrated the reaction.......

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You might have missed it, but a few weeks ago right-wing terrorists were whipped up into a violent mob by the ex-president and attacked the US Capitol.
So, what exactly did he say that 'whipped up a violent mob'.....you don't seem to explain that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You're somewhat snippy for someone who suggested that the next step after careful vetting is a stalintst purge.
Never suggested any such thing. I questioned if that was the next move.....big difference. BTW, I am never snippy....snarky yes....snippy no.

Upvote 0