• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

12 Mississippi children in ICU, 10 on ventilators

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by keith99, Jul 13, 2021.

1. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+12,961
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    It's not about fear. It's about understanding how viruses transmit from host to host and taking precautions to minimize that which includes getting vaccinated.

Those who choose not to do the latter are the ones who should be staying at home. As far as I am concerned, they are forfeiting the social contract and thus their right to participate in a society in the same manner as everyone else.

Don't forget, you need certain people (e.g. essential workers) to not stay at home or otherwise all the goods and services you enjoy would suddenly cease. What about them? Do not care about your fellow human?

2. Oneiric1975

Oneiric1975 Well-Known Member

+665
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    So to the grandmother that is immunocompromised and under treatment for cancer and cannot get the vaccine she can choose to go to the store and die? That's your proposition for her?

3. Oneiric1975

+665
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    There are choices we all make. Some people choose to let others be harmed so that they not be inconvenienced or take any risks themselves.

Some people find even wearing a mask to be such an imposition they'd rather see other people harmed than make that choice.

4. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+12,961
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    I have trouble wrapping my head around what it must take to be that selfish.

5. Oneiric1975

+665
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    I, too, wonder what it must be like. I can only assume it isn't really a desire to be like that, but rather springs from a sense of self righteousness informed by ignorance. I don't wish to attribute to malice that which can be best described less malevolently.

To be quite fair I also understand the fear that some have of the vaccine. It would be irrational to call someone completely wrong for being vaccine hesitant. It is our own bodies we make the choice with and we should all have that choice to make.

I accept that I run a risk getting the vaccine but I also see it as taking a risk that may not only help me but help others. Help our world get past this virus.

6. Hammster

Hammster Our weapons are Word, Water, Bread, Wine. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+21,716
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I am one of those workers responsible for goods getting to you. If people want to stay home, they are free to. If they don’t, they are free to do that, too.

7. Hammster

Hammster Our weapons are Word, Water, Bread, Wine. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+21,716
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Yes, and she’s free to stay home.

8. Oneiric1975

+665
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    How does she get groceries?

9. Hammster

+21,716
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Goes to the store.

10. Oneiric1975

+665
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    Well, that's pretty heartless. Jesus wept.

11. Hammster

+21,716
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Since you aren’t willing to get her groceries, what other choice does she have?

12. Oneiric1975

+665
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    I didn't say that was her only choice. I am one of those people who got the vaccine (was willing to take the risk for what it might do to me) so that I could be part of the solution to the problem.

I tend to live by my beliefs and not just pray in the public square so that I may be seen.

13. Hammster

+21,716
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Then it looks like she has no problem.

BTW, I generally don’t take seriously argument from emotion.

14. Oneiric1975

+665
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  15. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+2,448
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    We are not in elizabethan times so when i see someone using damnation i naturally understand it as how the word is used today and that is damnation to hell. And i would believe a person would use this word (damnation) now because they want to convey the idea that, a person could be subject to hell for not obeying government.

If you want to use damnation instead of judgment have at it, but i will not follow in your path. Judgment fits Romans 13 exceptionally well and will be the word i will use. That government will judge law breakers, and assign said punishment for their offence.

16. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN CT Scans shows my dad's cancer is gone.

+4,039
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    So 9 kids had such a bad case of COVID-19 they ended up in ICU. I wouldn't call that good.

17. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN CT Scans shows my dad's cancer is gone.

+4,039
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
  18. NxNW

NxNW Well-Known Member

+738
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Do you feel any responsibility whatsoever to avoid spreading it?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. Hammster

+21,716
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Sure. I wash my hands and take lots of vitamin D. And if I’m sick, I stay home. Just like I’ve always done.

20. NxNW

NxNW Well-Known Member

+738
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Except in this case, you don't know if you're infected or not.