• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

*** 11th fact *** about GOD - revealed by the LAST End Time Prophet Matt Marriott

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by MattMarriott, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Nathan Poe

Nathan Poe Well-Known Member

+1,559
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    Hilarious, but all too common on these boards.

2. MoonLancer

MoonLancer The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar

+133
    Buddhist
    In Relationship
    god might be talking about genocide. to give piece is a common poetic term that can mean to give death.

Never wish for peace on earth!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  3. MaxP

MaxP Member

+69
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    Fact: at the time you made the first post, you had a clean tissue on your desk.

:doh:

4. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,342
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    True, but it showed that Facts Change.
    Others got it, but I guess it must be spelled out for some.

5. MaxP

MaxP Member

+69
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    Well, facts do not change. At whatever time you made the first post, a clean tissue was on your desk. That is a fact. That fact never changes. That fact also has little/no bearing on what will happen to the tissue after the first post. So facts are no just existent in terms of "I have a clean tissue" but also at what point you had the tissue. The fact you had the tissue at 12:15 PM, Sat., November 6(say), will never change. The fact could repeat over the next few minutes, hours, years, or millenia, but it does not change the point that the fact will never change, but that fact does not necessitate that it will repeat again.

Does that even make sense? lol

6. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

+456
    Baptist
    Married
    You are hitting your own foot. Just take a browse of what's on the wikipedia, would you still think that the argument on the definition of evil is an unnecessary thing to do? If you see one cock roach, there must be thousands somewhere close. So, what's on the wikipedia is only ONE of such interpretation. If you search the literature, then you will see people have studied this issue more than one thousand years.

Now, if anyone still thinks that the God "creates evil" verse is an easy one, which can be used to against God, then the person is obviously ignorant.

7. juvenissun

+456
    Baptist
    Married
    Here you go. You are learning.

8. Baggins

Baggins Senior Veteran

+429
    Humanist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Define ignorant.

Do you mean ignorant in the way that you were ignorant of the fact that god claims to have created evil in the bible?

9. MaxP

MaxP Member

+69
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    God didn't create evil. Evil is a lack of good, like darkness is a lack of light; both can be experienced, but neither is a force per se.

10. MoonLancer

+133
    Buddhist
    In Relationship
    but god says he created evil, which is also backed up by the fact he created the snake, and Lucifer.

11. MaxP

MaxP Member

+69
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    He created Lucifer, who was the brightest angel, and then Lucifer chose to not serve God. Lucifer is not "pure evil."
    Lucifer is also the snake, they are not separate.

12. Hespera

Hespera Junior Member

+159
    Buddhist
    Private
    The symbol of snake / serpent as Lucifer is pretty obvious.

I wondered though about the part where god condemns ALL snakes, and says that they are cursed? Have to crawl on their bellies and eat dust. That was hardly fair, to condemn and curse them all.

Of course real snakes do very well for themselves and dont need legs. Dont eat dust either and are only cursed in the sense that (some)people get weirded out by them.

13. MaxP

MaxP Member

+69
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    Its quite possible that part is not literal, just as Lucifer was not literally a snake(most likely), but perhaps representative of a further punishment God could have inflicted upon Lucifer at that point. Like snakes could have had legs, and God could have taken 'em away, Lucifer could have had something taken by God, further.

:D Snakes weird me out.

14. juvenissun

+456
    Baptist
    Married
    hey, I am good in giving definition. So, you won't get me by asking this type of question.

Ignorant means one is too lazy to get enough information so he can start to think. So that guy read the three words in the verse and thought he could get me by showing that to me. That is ignorant.

15. Hespera

Hespera Junior Member

+159
    Buddhist
    Private
    >>>>>>Like snakes could have had legs, and God could have taken 'em away,<<<<<<

Just for fun I point out that some snakes actually do have legs... or at least a vestige of hind legs. like so..http://jenny.thegreenes.org/vestigal hips cindy.jpg. Pelvic bones and the femur only, which is the part you can see there. They all DID have legs, at least when their ancestors were a type of lizard.

All sorts of neat things to be learned in comparative anatomy class.

16. JBJoe

JBJoe Regular Member

+166
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Ahhh, redefining the language is so much fun.

I can't wait to hear what your definition of 'is' is.

17. Hespera

Hespera Junior Member

+159
    Buddhist
    Private
    What is "is"?
    Is it
    What IS is
    or
    What is IS?

Which is is it?

But

Should we not define definition first?

18. MoonLancer

+133
    Buddhist
    In Relationship
    some say the snake is Lucifer, others do not. I really don't care ether way. I am also well aware that Lucifer was the brightest angle. He was after all known as the light bringer and the morning star.

I think even among your peers they might disagree that Lucifer is not evil incarnate. If Lucifer was not the first evil then what was? if you subscribe to the idea that their is a evil as powerful as god working against him, that would describe a very different god of the bible.

regardless, god claims to have created evil. how nice of him...

19. Chalnoth

Chalnoth Senior Contributor

+341
    Atheist
    Single
    It's obvious now, but at the time it was written, it doesn't appear to have any relationship at all to Satan. And Lucifer, by the way, wasn't Satan either, but was a Babylonian king who was (according to Isaiah) destined to fall.

Lucifer and the snake only became Satan later when Christianity came about.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  20. Baggins

Baggins Senior Veteran

+429
    Humanist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    In that case god must be a liar becuase he says he did in the Bible.

I am confused now.