11 Things I Love About The Episcopal Church

RaylightI

Jun 29, 2014
✟3,622.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm a member of the Anglican Church of Canada, and it is very similar to the Episcopal Church, therefor I find these 11 things that draw the writer to the Episcopal Church are the same reasons that draw me to the Anglican Church of Canada.

I love how Anglicans focus on Christ, and how they believe that God is in the now. God is not stuck in the past, He wants us to learn and evolve while remain faithful to our roots and orthodox principals. How Anglicanism is a living church rather than a cold dogmatic church.

Upvote 0

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm a member of the Anglican Church of Canada, and it is very similar to the Episcopal Church, therefor I find these 11 things that draw the writer to the Episcopal Church are the same reasons that draw me to the Anglican Church of Canada.

I love how Anglicans focus on Christ, and how they believe that God is in the now. God is not stuck in the past, He wants us to learn and evolve while remain faithful to our roots and orthodox principals. How Anglicanism is a living church rather than a cold dogmatic church.

I suspected there would be some similarities between those two churches. :)

I actually came across this link on a social media page, & the person(s) that run the page followed up that the link had been shared with others hundreds of times. That is just great news to me. I had no idea what an Episcopal church even was for the longest time, so hopefully this will awaken some interest in others.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Things I like about The Episcopal Church:

The buildings are usually beautiful, inside and out. To my Anglican mind, this makes for an uplifting and peaceful setting for worship.

Episcopalians (usually) are friendly, normal people. I feel comfortable with them so long as we stay away from doctrinal disputes. Some other churches....well, some do have a nit-picking, desk-pounding edge to the way the members think of the faith.

Episcopalians are aware of Church history and think in terms of being part of it.

Generally speaking, Episcopal clergy strike a nice balance in their manner and attire between too-casual and too-showy. I am not comfortable with a guy in Levi's leading Bible study OR with birettas, etc. and other such adornments meant to shout "I'm really a priest, really!"

:)

Upvote 0

everbecoming2007

Dec 4, 2012
wherever I am at any given moment
✟70,470.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

The buildings are usually beautiful, inside and out. To my Anglican mind, this makes for an uplifting and peaceful setting for worship.

Episcopalians (usually) are friendly, normal people. I feel comfortable with them so long as we stay away from doctrinal disputes. Some other churches....well, some do have a nit-picking, desk-pounding edge to the way the members think of the faith.

Episcopalians are aware of Church history and think in terms of being part of it.

Generally speaking, Episcopal clergy strike a nice balance in their manner and attire between too-casual and too-showy. I am not comfortable with a guy in Levi's leading Bible study OR with birettas, etc. and other such adornments meant to shout "I'm really a priest, really!"

I appreciate all of these things as well.

I am also drawn to how reserved the culture tends to be, yet without being unfriendly or cold. It has been the only place I've experienced that gave me my space even through the conversion process. I don't have to be overly talkative or extroverted unless I want to or have something to say.

When I had been absent quite a while for various reasons, I was afraid when I came back I would have lots of excited people around me wondering where I'd been, but that's not how it was. It was the same as always. People who know me smile warmly and wave, they seem genuinely happy to see me, but that's it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 7, 2013
✟15,388.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Exactly Albion, always on the dot!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
11 things I love about the Episcopal Church | Ben Irwin

All of this rings so true for me! I love TEC. :clap:

If you're in TEC, does this list sound familiar to you, too?

If you're elsewhere, what do you love about your Anglican Church?

Thank you for sharing the link. All of those things are very precious, and i found myself being edified by the list....

My own experience with an Episcopal church was when i was advocating on behalf of an abused woman with two small children. She was Ethiopian and spoke no English and was without ANY support or anyone who could speak encouragement to her or communicate. Lo and behold, an episcopal Church stepped in, sending a very skilled and wise interpreter who was familiar with her culture.

This interpreter was a God-send, as was the Church that sent her.

Upvote 0

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you for sharing the link. All of those things are very precious, and i found myself being edified by the list....

My own experience with an Episcopal church was when i was advocating on behalf of an abused woman with two small children. She was Ethiopian and spoke no English and was without ANY support or anyone who could speak encouragement to her or communicate. Lo and behold, an episcopal Church stepped in, sending a very skilled and wise interpreter who was familiar with her culture.

This interpreter was a God-send, as was the Church that sent her.

Great story, thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You are MOST welcome. It's an unforgettable one for me and for the precious Ethiopian woman and her children....God's timing and SURE intervention was inexplicable.....

NOBODY would help her before the interpreter intervened.....it looked utterly hopeless.....THEN there was light shining in darkness.....

God is GOOD.

Upvote 0