• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

.........................???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godlovesusall

Apr 12, 2004
St. John
✟7,916.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you felt depression because of having ADHD/ADD? Right now, I am. I think the devil is taunting me, I feel so crappy about it, and I acctually just want to curl up, and die. In my heart I don't want to die, but in my mind, I just want it to be all over with. To top it off, I get these God awful ticks that are so embarrassing, like stretching my neck, or pushing my wrists back as far as they can go one side, then doing the other side. I also have this thing about dirt, if my hands have touched ANY sort of oil, I scrub my hands as soon as I can, and I have a hard time waiting if I have to wait, I am also like that with mud, any mud on me I want to throw up, and I have to get clean immediately, anything like that. I always have to tripple check and check four times in about everything I do, and I am nervous for a while if I don't check more than twice. Like when I go to bed, I check several times if the door is locked, or if I turned down the heat, or if I turned off the computer. It is all a big pain in the rear! And I can't, rather don't want to, live with it, I feel so wrong, I feel I am not worthy of the Lord. Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone have any advice? Bible verses??

yeshuaskid

Warrior in God's Army
Sep 26, 2004
Delaware
Visit site
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow! I have so been there. You should check out my depression thread. It's hard being this way. I have tics, too. Mine are rocking and rapid eye blinking. I could quote scripture but, it wouldn't really matter. What we all need, as ADDers, is each others support. Thank God, when one of us is down...someone else is up. Are you medicated? I'm taking Adderall for the ADHD and Prozac for the depression that came with it. I've tried the suicide thing. Thank God, I didn't die! Now, I'm able to advocate for others like myself. If you need to blow off steam or just to cry or complain about being ADD...PM me. That's what I'm here for. I've been an advocate for ADD/HD for years. I've seen a lot and been through a lot. Use me!

God Bless.....

Upvote 0

aChristiancalledCameron

There are thirty-nine letters in this sentence.
Jul 5, 2004
Melbourne
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Godlovesusall said:
Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you felt depression because of having ADHD/ADD? Right now, I am. I think the devil is taunting me, I feel so crappy about it, and I acctually just want to curl up, and die. In my heart I don't want to die, but in my mind, I just want it to be all over with. To top it off, I get these God awful ticks that are so embarrassing, like stretching my neck, or pushing my wrists back as far as they can go one side, then doing the other side. I also have this thing about dirt, if my hands have touched ANY sort of oil, I scrub my hands as soon as I can, and I have a hard time waiting if I have to wait, I am also like that with mud, any mud on me I want to throw up, and I have to get clean immediately, anything like that. I always have to tripple check and check four times in about everything I do, and I am nervous for a while if I don't check more than twice. Like when I go to bed, I check several times if the door is locked, or if I turned down the heat, or if I turned off the computer. It is all a big pain in the rear! And I can't, rather don't want to, live with it, I feel so wrong, I feel I am not worthy of the Lord. Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone have any advice? Bible verses??

I don't want to alarm you but I think it'll help to check if you have OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, if you do don't fret..it's not like it is in the movies and there's a drug called Anafranil that can help it (see your doctor first though).
Also, if you ever want to you can PM me as I have it too.
Don't worry, you definately learn to control it.
And ChristianForums.com is always here. :hug:
God Bless Ya,
Cameron.

Upvote 0

Godlovesusall

Apr 12, 2004
St. John
✟7,916.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey Cameron, thanks. What does testing for OCD involve? I have never heard of testing for it. I am going to see a recommended physciatrist for the first time tomorrow. I am kind of nervous, but I feel a lot better knowing that I will be able to talk to someone. The last few days have been really hard. I am thinking suicide all the time, my depression has definately hit me again. Sometimes I really wish God were like in the show Joan of Arcadia, I wish sometimes He were human. Anyway, I was just wondering what OCD testing involves, if it is a long process or anything. Take care, God Bless.

Your Sis in Christ,
D.

Upvote 0

aChristiancalledCameron

There are thirty-nine letters in this sentence.
Jul 5, 2004
Melbourne
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
(sorry about the long time reply)
Shouldn't be, maybe just asking a few Yes/No questions, and stuff like age, how you get on. Also, with the 'obsessive cleaning' maybe you have some pride. I think it'll be good to take some time to explore yourself with God, talking to him and reading the bible at a quiet time where there is no rush. There are probably many psychiatrists (sorry if it's not spelt right) on ChristianForums, seeing that there are 3 doctors at my youth group. Anyway, if you ever want PM me or contact via MSN or email me or whatever.

God Bless,
Cameron.

Upvote 0

Godlovesusall

Apr 12, 2004
St. John
✟7,916.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Things are just getting more and more messed up!! And confusing! UGHHH!!! Apperantly I may have been misdiagnosed with having ADD and instead I may have a personality disorder. Guess I should have never complained about having ADD, I would rather take that than have a personality disorder. On top of that I had to stop taking my anti-depressants because my Mom doesn't want me to take them, and my Mom is trying to get me a new doctor to get a second opinion. My Mom just found out about me seeing a counsellor, and a phyciatrist and about taking anti-depressants on Sunday. I know my Mom wants the best for me, but I would acctually rather do this alone. I was really starting to feel better. The only people I want knowing are my Brothers, they can help me through it, but I don't want anyone else in my family knowing. It is so embarrasing and hard to go through. BLAH, sorry for venting like that. I have to go for now anyway. Chow. God Bless.

Your Sis in Christ,
D.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.