• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

100% of Christians believe Moses was accurate and right

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by JohnR7, Jan 2, 2003.

1. They are 100% trustworthy and reliable.

2. They are mostly trustworthy and reliable.

3. They are somewhat trustworthy and reliable.

4. They are never trustworthy and reliable.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hector Medina

Hector Medina Questioning Roman Catholic

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    I believe the writings are 100% accurate.
    I'm a YEC of course!
    And we are discovering more and more little by little.
    With me it would have to be all or none for God's word and its all!!!!

God Bless,

Hector

2. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    You can keep thinking that "we" are discovering more and more I guess "evidence" little, by litte. But the truth is the real world evidence completely proves YEC wrong.

3. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    So were Pharoah's soldiers "saved" when the "Blood of Jesus" covered them?

:scratch:

So they were forced to be "saved"? Are you a Calvinist?

4. Noek

Noek Member

+0
    What amazes me is that ANYONE can believe that the bible is even remotely accurate.  Hysterically accurate is more like it.

Which is accurate, that the world was made in 7 days (accurate?) or that Moses jammed every animal on the planet in one boat? 

Woops, "The Red Sea is symbolic for the Blood of Jesus. It sounds like she is unsure about being cleansed in and though the Blood of Jesus. " what happened to biblical accuracy?

Your belief of Biblical accuracy is what is incredible John.

5. Nathan Poe

Nathan Poe Well-Known Member

+1,583
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    Noah, not Moses. But that doesn't make it any less absurd.

BTW, did you know that at the end of the Flood story, Noah gets drunk and passes out buck naked on his front lawn? When Canaan, his youngest son, sees this, he calls the other sons to cover Noah up. Noah wakes up and curses Canaan! (Genesis 9:20-25)

And God found him to be the only man on Earth worth saving. Kind of makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, doesn't it?

6. chickenman

chickenman evil unamerican

+6
    god chose noah because he was the only man who ever existed who could possibly fit enough species onto the ark - I suspect he was probably born with magic powers, or the ark was like dr who's tardis

7. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    No, I am not a calvinist at all. It is who-so-ever is willing, let them come. Salvation is open to all mankind.

8. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    What a day and a time we live in now. That people mock the written word of Living God like this with no respect or reverance at all.

As far as the world being made in 7 days. Usually a day to God would be 1000 years to us. But it could mean a age or a era of time, of any length.

9. troodon

troodon Be wise and be smart

+51
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I'm sure the Assyrians or Babylonians didn't hold it (the Bible) in such high esteem. Nor did the Romans until Constantine came along. What makes you think there's something special about people in this time period in regards to not treating the Bible with some special reverence?

10. sulphur

sulphur thylacine

+0
    As a christan what else could you say. A poorly constructed poll.

11. Nathan Poe

Nathan Poe Well-Known Member

+1,583
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    Or perhaps there were multiple Arks and multiple Noahs, just as there were several Dr. Whos. :D

12. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    Or you could interpret it as mythic genre and you wouldn't have to believe that Noah literally existed. ;)

13. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Ok Chicken man, fess up, how did you make it as a wild bird before man domesticated you and offered you protection? At least a road runner can move fast enough to get out of harms way.

14. Orihalcon

Orihalcon crazy dancing santa mage

+3
    johnr7, how did you make it as a forum member when you have to resort to making fun of people's forum names when you can't find a good bible quote or have called them heretics to no effect?