Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Ten Commandments were the Old Covenant replaced by the New.

Hi David you are a little confused here brother. God's eternal LAW (10 commandments) were not replaced by the NEW COVENANT at all. If you have no LAW, then you have no KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. This is the opposite of what is taught in both the OLD and NEW COVENANT.

You mix up your SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 with God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS in both the OLD and NEW COVENANTS as shown below

ROMANS 3:20 [20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN.

ROMANS 7:7 [7], What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. No, I HAD NOT KNOWN SIN BUT BY THE LAW: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, YOU SHALL NOT COVET.

1 JOHN 3:4 [4], WHOSOEVER COMMITS SIN TRANSGRESSES ALSO THE LAW: for SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW.

According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT, if we break ANY ONE of God's 10 Commandments we commit SIN...

JAMES 2:10-11 [10], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL KEEP ALL THE LAW YET OFFENDS IN ONE POINT IS GUILTY OF ALL. [11], For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL Now if you COMMIT NO ADULTERY, yet IF YOU KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW.

As you can see brother with the scriptures above, God's LAW (10 commandments) has the same role it always has and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 and if we break ANY ONE of them we stand guilty before GOD of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

Can you see your error here brother? Your mixing up the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 with God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOLEDGE of what SIN is when broken.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
“And He (God) wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.” Exodus 34:28

“And He declared unto you His covenant, which He commanded you to perform, even the Ten Commandments.” Deuteronomy 4:13:

“When I was gone up into the mount to receive the tables of stone, even the tables of the covenant.” Deuteronomy 9:9:

“So I turned and came down from the mount . . . and the two tables of the covenant were in my two hands.” Deuteronomy 9:15:

“There was nothing in the ark save the two tables of stone which Moses put there at Horeb, when Jehovah made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of the land of Egypt,” I Kings 8:9

“And there have I set a place for the ark, wherein is the covenant of Jehovah, which he made with our fathers, when he brought them out of the land of Egypt.” I Kings 8:21

The second of these two texts is repeated in II Chronicles 6:11.

Consider “The ark of the covenant” that held the Ten Commandments (Numbers 10:33; Jeremiah 3:16, and other places)

Also; “It contained the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered entirely with gold. In this ark were the golden urn containing the manna, Aaron’s rod that budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant.” (Hebrews 9:4) (NET)

Dave your just repeating yourself here brother and ignoring all the scriptures in the previous post showing that God's LAW (10 commandments) was only one part of the OLD COVENANT.

No one is telling you brother that God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) were not a part of the OLD COVENANT your error here is in thinking they are by themselves the OLD COVENANT. They were not.

Now to tell the other half of the story you are leaving out of your explanation of the scriptures. The OLD COVENANT was made up of both God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT.

THE SCRIPTURES FOR THE MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT

EXODUS 24:7 [7], And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

DEUTERONOMY 29:21 [21], And the LORD shall separate him to evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the COVENANT THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK OF THE LAW.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 [26], Take this BOOK OF THE LAW, and put it in the SIDE OF THE ARK OF THE COVENANT of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

2 KINGS 23:2 [2], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT which was found in the house of the LORD.

2 KINGS 23:3 [3], And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THIS COVENANT THAT WERE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK. And all the people stood to the covenant.

2 KINGS 23:21 [21], And the king commanded all the people, saying, KEEP THE PASSOVER OF THE LORD your God, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THIS COVENANT.

2 CHRONICLES 34:30 [30], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and the priests, and the Levites, and all the people, great and small: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT that was found in the house of the LORD.

2 CHRONICLES 34:31 [31] And the king stood in his place, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments, and his testimonies, and his statutes, with all his heart, and with all his soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THE COVENANT WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK.

CONCLUSION: The OLD COVENANT was made up of two sets of laws which included 1. GOD'S ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) and 2. The MOSAIC SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT.

Both these sets of LAWS had very different PURPOSES under the OLD Covenant.

1. GOD'S ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) had the same role as it does in the NEW COVENANT and that is to provide us with a KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

2. The MOSAIC SHADOW laws from the BOOK OF THE COVENANT of laws and ORDINANCES which included the CIVIL, CEREMONIAL and ECCLESIASTICAL laws were laws for the REMISSION or FORGIVENESS of sin which included the Leviticial PRIESTHOOD and ORDINACES for sin offerings for the SNACTUARY SERVICE. PRIESTHOOD, SACRIFICAL SIN OFFERINGS for FORGIVENESS OF SIN.

Ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear Dave.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All of the peripheral laws came after the Ten Commandants. They would not have existed apart from the Ten.

Actually no. The written LAW OF God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) started together with the written word of the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT although the MOSAIC BOOK of the law was written by MOSES and took much longer to complete.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Love fulfills the Law. Christians are under the Law of love in the Two Great Commandments. The Ten only forced wicked people to act like they loved God and others under threat of death, and rewards for obedience.

Love does indeed fulfill God's LAW. It does not do away with it as LOVE is expressed through OBEDIENCE to God's LAW. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8.

MATTHEW 22:36-40 says on these two Commandments of LOVE to GOD and LOVE to man HANG all the LAW and the prophets. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW which is the fruit of FAITH that works by LOVE is how LOVE is expressed to GOD and our fellow man and is the NEW COVENANT promise to those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

MATTHEW 22:36-40
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37], Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38], This is the first and great commandment.
[39], And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbour as yourself.
[40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

ROMANS 13:8-10
[8], Owe no man anything, but to LOVE ONE ANOTHER: for HE THAT LOVES ANOTHER HAS FULFILLED THE LAW. [9], For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and IF THERE SHALL BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.

ROMANS 3:31, Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yes, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW.

This is the experience of those who are BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT through FAITH by the operation of GOD of a NEW HEART to LOVE.

HEBREWS 8:10-12 (JEREMIAH 31:31-34)
[10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, said the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Unless we are BORN AGAIN to LOVE then we have no part in the NEW COVENANT and will not see the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *JOHN 3:3-7; 1 JOHN 3:6-9.

God is the God of the living not the dead *MATTHEW 22:32. This is why JESUS says if you LOVE me keep my commandments *JOHN 14:15

God bless

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love does indeed fulfill God's LAW. It does not do away with it as LOVE is expressed through OBEDIENCE to God's LAW. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8.

MATTHEW 22:36-40 says on these two Commandments of LOVE to GOD and LOVE to man HANG all the LAW and the prophets. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW which is the fruit of FAITH that works by LOVE is how LOVE is expressed to GOD and our fellow man and is the NEW COVENANT promise to those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

MATTHEW 22:36-40
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37], Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38], This is the first and great commandment.
[39], And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbour as yourself.
[40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

ROMANS 13:8-10
[8], Owe no man anything, but to LOVE ONE ANOTHER: for HE THAT LOVES ANOTHER HAS FULFILLED THE LAW. [9], For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and IF THERE SHALL BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.

ROMANS 3:31, Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yes, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW.

This is the experience of those who are BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT through FAITH by the operation of GOD of a NEW HEART to LOVE.

HEBREWS 8:10-12 (JEREMIAH 31:31-34)
[10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, said the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Unless we are BORN AGAIN to LOVE then we have no part in the NEW COVENANT and will not see the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *JOHN 3:3-7; 1 JOHN 3:6-9.

God is the God of the living not the dead *MATTHEW 22:32. This is why JESUS says if you LOVE me keep my commandments *JOHN 14:15

God bless
The Ten Commandments were for those who could not love God. God used the Ten Commandments forcing them to act good because they were not.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually no. The written LAW OF God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) started together with the written word of the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT although the MOSAIC BOOK of the law was written by MOSES and took much longer to complete.
No Ten Commandments before Sinai
““The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Mount Sinai. The LORD did not make this covenant with our ancestors, but with all of us who are alive today.” (Deuteronomy 5:2–3)

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dave your just repeating yourself here brother and ignoring all the scriptures in the previous post showing that God's LAW (10 commandments) was only one part of the OLD COVENANT.

No one is telling you brother that God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) were not a part of the OLD COVENANT your error here is in thinking they are by themselves the OLD COVENANT. They were not.

Now to tell the other half of the story you are leaving out of your explanation of the scriptures. The OLD COVENANT was made up of both God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT.

THE SCRIPTURES FOR THE MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT

EXODUS 24 [7], And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

DEUTERONOMY 29 [21], And the LORD shall separate him to evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the COVENANT THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK OF THE LAW.

DEUTERONOMY 31 [26], Take this BOOK OF THE LAW, and put it in the SIDE OF THE ARK OF THE COVENANT of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

2 KINGS 23 [2], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT which was found in the house of the LORD.

2 KINGS 23 [3], And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THIS COVENANT THAT WERE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK. And all the people stood to the covenant.

2 KINGS 23 [21], And the king commanded all the people, saying, KEEP THE PASSOVER OF THE LORD your God, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THIS COVENANT.

2 CHRONICLES 34 [30], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and the priests, and the Levites, and all the people, great and small: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT that was found in the house of the LORD.

2 CHRONICLES 34 [31] And the king stood in his place, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments, and his testimonies, and his statutes, with all his heart, and with all his soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THE COVENANT WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK.

CONCLUSION: The OLD COVENANT was made up of two sets of laws which included 1. GOD'S ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) and 2. The MOSAIC SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT.

Both these sets of LAWS had very different PURPOSES under the OLD Covenant.

1. GOD'S ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) had the same role as it does in the NEW COVENANT and that is to provide us with a KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

2. The MOSAIC SHADOW laws from the BOOK OF THE COVENANT of laws and ORDINANCES which included the CIVIL, CEREMONIAL and ECCLESIASTICAL laws were laws for the REMISSION or FORGIVENESS of sin which included the Leviticial PRIESTHOOD and ORDINACES for sin offerings for the SNACTUARY SERVICE. PRIESTHOOD, SACRIFICAL SIN OFFERINGS for FORGIVENESS OF SIN.

Ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear Dave.

Hope this helps.
Jeremiah said the New Covenant replaced the Ten Commandments (Old Covenant).

“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, That I will make a new covenant With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers In the day that I took them by the hand To bring them out of the land of Egypt; Which my covenant they brake, Although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, And write it in their hearts; And will be their God, And they shall be my people.” (Jeremiah 31:31–33) (KJV 1900)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Ten Commandments were for those who could not love God. God used the Ten Commandments forcing them to act good because they were not.

Nope, not at all. These are your words over God's WORD. In the NEW COVENANT God's WORD says that God's LAW (10 commandments) has the same role it always had and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we stand before God guitly of sin *JAMES 2:10-11

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of sin when broken and according to God's WORD ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says those follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

Who should we believe the teachings of men or the WORD of GOD *ROMANS 3:4? I know who I believe.

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No Ten Commandments before Sinai
““The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Mount Sinai. The LORD did not make this covenant with our ancestors, but with all of us who are alive today.” (Deuteronomy 5:2–3)

Well Dave what you have posted does not support your claims as it only says that the LORD made a covenant with God's peopel at Sinai. Where does it say there was no 10 commandmetns before Sinai? Again what does God's WORD say?

GOD'S LAW (TORAH) BEFORE SINAI

GENESIS 26:5 Because Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM, Strong LAWS - H8451; תּורה תּרה; tôrâh tôrâh; to-raw', to-raw' From H3384; a precept or statute, especially the Decalogue or Pentateuch: - law.

Abraham kept God's TORAH which includes God's LAW (10 Commandments) and the sacrificial laws for remission of SIN and SIN offerings.

GENESIS 22:6-8; 13
[6], And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
[7], And Isaac spoke to Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
[8], And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

[13], And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

Burnt offereings were made for remission of SIN. What is SIN? Sin is disobedience to God's WORD and includes breaking God's Commandments (Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11; 1 John 3:4). It is God's WORD and his LAW that give us a KNOWLEDGE of SIN (Romans 3:20)

ROMANS 3:19-20
[19], Now we know that what things soever the law said, it said to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
[20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

NOW if GOD tells us that Abraham kept his TORAH (LAWS) then is God's 4th Commandment not part of the TORAH?

Indeed it is. Where does it say in God's WORD that Abraham or any of God's people before MOSES did NOT Keep God's Sabbath?

God says Abraham kept TORAH (10 Commandments and sin offereings). You say Abraham DID NOT keep TORAH (This includes God's 4th Commandment). Who do we believe God or man?

Now if you BELIEVE Abraham did NOT keep God's SABBATH (part of TORAH) then please show the scriptures proving that Abraham did not keep the Sabbath or God's LAW which is part of the TORAH?

God's WORD shows God's LAW (10 Commandments) and the CEREMONIAL laws and ORDINANCES for SIN offerings (TORAH) were kept BEFORE Mt Sinai.

CONCLUSION: God's people before Mt Sinai followed him and kept his laws (TORAH). God's Sabbath is a part of God's law (TORAH). There is NO scripture that says God's people including Abraham did NOT keep God's Sabbath. Genesis shows that God's people including Abraham kept his law (TORAH) which includes the Sabbath.

Cain was punished by God for Murder (6th Commandment Exo 20:13)

GENESIS 4:8-13
[8], And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
[9], And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
[10], And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
[11], And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
[12], When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
[13], And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

links to....

1 JOHN 3:12-15
[12], Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
[13], Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
[14], We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
[15], Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

CONCLUSION: SIN existed BEFORE Mt Sinai, SIN is disobeying God's WORD and breaking his law (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11). CAIN was punished for the SIN of MURDER when he slew his brother Abel.

In Genesis we also read about Joseph in Egypt as a servant being tempted to commit adultery with Potifer’s wife

GENESIS 39:7-9
[7], And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
[8], But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
[9], There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back anything from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

If Joseph did NOT know God’s LAW then how did he know he was SINNING against God by committing adultery with Potifer’s wife?

CONCLUSION: SIN existed BEFORE Mt Sinai, SIN is disobeying God's WORD and breaking his law (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11). Joseph knew that to commit ADULTERY (7th Commandment; Exodus 20:14) was SIN against God and refused not to SIN.

The Mosaic laws for remission of sin (SACRIFICIAL SIN OFFERINGS) were practiced BEFORE Sinai....

GENESIS 4:4
[4], And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering.

GENESIS 8:20
[20], And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar

SIN is the transgression of God's LAW (10 Commandments) please read Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and James 2:11. God's LAW gives us a KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS (Romans 3:20) SIN offereings were only practiced in the OLD Covenant for the remission or forgiveness of SIN (Breaking God's 10 Commandments) If God's people did not have God's LAW why are they offering SIN offereings to God if these laws were only known about in Mt Sinai?

Abraham and his son practiced and knew about sin offerings...

GENESIS 22:7-8
[7], And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? [8], And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Exodus 10:25
[25], And Moses said, Thou must give us also sacrifices and burnt offerings, that we may sacrifice unto the LORD our God.

CONCLUSION: BEFORE the written WORD of GOD there was the SPOKEN WORD of GOD handed down from Adam and Eve and spoken by God to his people. God's LAW (10 commandments) and SIN existed BEFORE Mt Sinai, SIN is disobeying God's WORD and breaking his law (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11). From Abel through to Abraham before MOSES we see God's people obeying God's LAW and providing sin offerings to God for breaking his law. If there was no law (TORAH) there would be no sin and no need for sin offerings. We could keep going here. Happy to do so if you like just let me know? Only God's WORD is true brother and we should believe and follow it.

Sorry David God's WORD disagrees with you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah said the New Covenant replaced the Ten Commandments (Old Covenant).

“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, That I will make a new covenant With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers In the day that I took them by the hand To bring them out of the land of Egypt; Which my covenant they brake, Although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, And write it in their hearts; And will be their God, And they shall be my people.” (Jeremiah 31:31–33) (KJV 1900)

Nope. No he didn't. Please show me where JEREMIAH says that the NEW COVENANT replaced the 10 commandments? There is no scripture that says the NEW COVENANT replaced the 10 commandments David. Your reading into the scriptures something that it is not saying. As shown in post #62 linked; the OLD COVENANT was made up of God's 10 commandments and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT.

If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT was how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to? You mix up your SHADOW laws from the MOSIAC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7; DEUTERONOMY 29:21; DEUTERONOMY 31:26; 2 KINGS 23:2; 2 KINGS 23:3; 2 KINGS 23:21; 2 CHRONICLES 34:30; 2 CHRONICLES 34:31 with God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) in the NEW COVENANT that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken...

ROMANS 3:20 [20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN.

ROMANS 7:7 [7], What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. No, I HAD NOT KNOWN SIN BUT BY THE LAW: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, YOU SHALL NOT COVET.

1 JOHN 3:4 [4], WHOSOEVER COMMITS SIN TRANSGRESSES ALSO THE LAW: for SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW.

According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT, if we break ANY ONE of God's 10 Commandments we commit SIN...

JAMES 2:10-11 [10], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL KEEP ALL THE LAW YET OFFENDS IN ONE POINT IS GUILTY OF ALL. [11], For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL Now if you COMMIT NO ADULTERY, yet IF YOU KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW.

As you can see brother with the scriptures above, God's LAW (10 commandments) has the same role it always has and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 and if we break ANY ONE of them we stand guilty before GOD of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

Sorry David God's WORD disagrees with you. Your mixing up the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 with God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOLEDGE of what SIN is when broken.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm a novice compared to LGW, but if scriptures say, "the law was given by Moses". (Jhn 1:17) You have some splaining to do.

Nope. No he didn't. Please show me where JEREMIAH says that the NEW COVENANT replaced the 10 commandments? There is no scripture that says the NEW COVENANT replaced the 10 commandments David. Your reading into the scriptures something that it is not saying.
Actually it was God, not Jeremiah by saying as follows;

Jer 31:31
- Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer
31:32 - Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Below text explains that by promising a new covenant, the old covenant becomes extinct.
Heb 8:13 - In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

As shown in post #62 linked; the OLD COVENANT was made up of God's 10 commandments and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT.

If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT was how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to? You mix up your SHADOW laws from the MOSIAC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7; DEUTERONOMY 29:21; DEUTERONOMY 31:26; 2 KINGS 23:2; 2 KINGS 23:3; 2 KINGS 23:21; 2 CHRONICLES 34:30; 2 CHRONICLES 34:31 with God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) in the NEW COVENANT that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken...
Seems like you don't agree that the words of the covenant are the ten commandments.
[URL='https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/exo/34/28/s_84028']Exo 34:28 - And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.[/URL]

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here are some interesting facts for those who may be interested...

100 FACTS ABOUT THE SABBATH AND SUNDAY YOU MAY NOT KNOW.
  1. After working the first six days of the week in creating this earth, the great God rested on the seventh day. (Genesis 2:1.3.)
  2. This stamped that day as God's rest day, or Sabbath day, as Sabbath day means rest day. To illustrate: When a person is born on a certain day, that day thus becomes his birthday. So when God rested upon the seventh day, that day became His rest, or Sabbath, day.
  3. Therefore the seventh day must always be God's Sabbath day. Can you change your birthday from the day on which you were born to one on which you were not born? No. Neither can you change God's rest day to a day on which He did not rest. Hence the seventh day is still God's Sabbath day.
  4. The Creator blessed the seventh day. (Genesis 2:3.)
  5. He sanctified the seventh day. (Exodus 20:11.)
  6. He made it the Sabbath day in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 2:1-3.)
  7. It was made before the fall; hence it is not a type; for types were not introduced till after the fall.
  8. Jesus says it was made for man (Mark 2:27), that is, for the race, as the word man is here unlimited; hence, for the Gentile as well as for the Jew.
  9. It is a memorial of creation. (Exodus 20:11; 31:17.) Every time we rest upon the seventh day, as God did at creation, we commemorate that grand event.
  10. It was given to Adam, the head of the human race. (Mark 2:27; Genesis 2:1-3.)
  11. Hence through him, as our representative, to all nations. (Acts 17:26.)
  12. It is' not a Jewish institution, for it was made 2,300 years before ever there was a Jew.
  13. The Bible never calls it the Jewish Sabbath, but always "the Sabbath of the Lord thy God." Men should be cautious how they stigmatize God's holy rest day.
  14. Evident reference is made to the Sabbath and the seven-day week all, through the patriarchal age. (Genesis 2:l-3; 8:10,12; 29:27,28.etc.)
  15. It was a part of God's law before Sinai. (Exodus 16:4, 27-29.)
  16. Then God placed it in the heart of His moral law. (Exodus 20:1-17.) Why did He place it there if it was not like the other nine precepts, which all admit to be immutable?
  17. The seventh-day Sabbath was commanded by the voice of the living God. (Deuteronomy 4:12,13.)
  18. Then He wrote the commandment with His own finger. (Exodus 31:18.)
  19. He engraved it in the enduring stone, indicating its imperishable nature. (Deuteronomy 5:22.)
  20. It was sacredly preserved in the ark in the holy of holies. (Deuteronomy 10:1-5.)
  21. God forbade work upon the Sabbath, even in the most hurrying times. (Exodus 34:21.)
  22. God destroyed the Israelites in the wilderness because they profaned the Sabbath. (Ezekiel 20:12, 13.)
  23. It is the sign of the true God, by which we are to know Him from false gods. (Ezekiel 20:20.)
  24. God promised that Jerusalem should stand forever if the Jews would keep the Sabbath (Jeremiah 17:24, 25.)
  25. He sent them into the Babylonish captivity for breaking it. (Nehemiah 13:18.)
  26. He destroyed Jerusalem for its violation. (Jeremiah 17:27.)
  27. God has pronounced a special blessing on all the Gentiles who will keep it. (Isaiah 56:6, 7.)
  28. This is in the prophecy, which refers wholly to the Christian dispensation. (See Isaiah 56.)
  29. God has promised to bless all who keep the Sabbath. (Isaiah 56:2.)
  30. The Lord requires us to call it "honourable". (Isaiah 58:13.) Beware, ye who take delight in calling it the. “old Jewish Sabbath,” “a yoke of bondage,” etc.
  31. After the holy Sabbath has been trodden down "many generations,” it is to be restored in the last days. (Isaiah 58:12,13.)
  32. All the holy prophets kept the seventh day.
  33. When the Son of God came, He kept the seventh day all His life. (Luke 4:16; John 15:10.) Thus He followed His Father's example at creation. Shall we not be safe in following the example of both the Father and the Son?
  34. The seventh day is the Lord's Day. (See Revelation 1:10; Mark 2:28; Isaiah 58:13; Exodus 20:10.)
  35. Jesus was Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28), that is, to love and protect it, as the husband is the lord of the wife, to love and cherish her (1 Peter 3:6.)
  36. He vindicated the Sabbath as a merciful institution designed for man's good. (Mark 2:23-28.)
  37. Instead of abolishing the Sabbath, He carefully taught how it should be observed. (Matthew 12:1-13.)
  38. He taught His disciples that they should do nothing upon the Sabbath day but what was “lawful” (Matthew 12:12.)
  39. He instructed His apostles that the Sabbath should be prayerfully regarded forty years after His resurrection. (Matthew 24:20.)
  40. The pious women who had been with Jesus carefully kept the seventh day after His death. (Luke 23:56.)
  41. Thirty years after Christ's resurrection, the Holy Spirit' expressly calls it "the Sabbath day,"(Acts 13:14.)
  42. Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, called it the "Sabbath day" in A.D. 45. (Acts 13:27.) Did not Paul know? Or shall we believe modern teachers, who affirm that it ceased to be the Sabbath at the resurrection of Christ?
  43. Luke, the inspired Christian historian, writing as late as A.D. 62, calls it the "Sabbath day." (Acts 13:44.)
  44. The Gentile converts called it the Sabbath. (Acts 13:42.)
  45. In the great Christian council, A.D. 49, in the presence of the apostles and thousands of disciples, James calls it the "sabbath day." (Acts 15:21)
  46. It was customary to hold prayer meetings upon that day. (Acts 16:13.)
  47. Paul read the Scriptures in public meetings on that day. (Acts 17:2, 3.)
  48. It was his custom to preach upon that day. (Acts 17:2,3.)
  49. The Book of Acts alone gives a record of his holding eighty-four meetings upon that day. (See Acts 13:14, 44; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4. 11.)
  50. There was never any dispute between the Christians and the Jews about the Sabbath day. This is proof that the Christians still observed the same day that the Jews did.
  51. In all their accusations against Paul, they never charged him with disregarding the Sabbath day. Why did they not, if he did not keep it?
  52. But Paul himself expressly declared that he had kept the law. “Neither against the law of the Jews, neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar, have I offended any thing at all." Acts 25:8. How could this be true if he had not kept the Sabbath?
  53. The Sabbath is mentioned in the New Testament fifty-nine times, and always with respect, bearing the same title it had in the Old Testament, “the Sabbath day.”
  54. Not a word is said anywhere in the New Testament about the Sabbath's being abolished, done away, changed, or anything of the kind.
  55. God has never given permission to any man to work upon it. Reader, by what authority do you use - the seventh day for common labor?
  56. No Christian of the New Testament, either before or after the resurrection, ever did ordinary work upon the seventh day. Find one case of that kind, and we will yield the question. Why should modem Christians do differently from Bible Christians?
  57. There is no record that God has ever removed His blessing or sanctification from the seventh day.
  58. As the Sabbath was kept in Eden before the fall, so it will be observed eternally in the new earth after the restitution. (Isaiah 66:22, 23.)
  59. The seventh-day Sabbath was an important part of the law of God, as it came from His own mouth, and was written by His own finger upon stone at Sinai. (See Exodus 20.) When Jesus began His work, He expressly declared that He had not come to destroy the law. “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.” Matthew 5:17
  60. Jesus severely condemned the Pharisees as hypocrites for pretending to love God, while at the same tune they made void one of the Ten Commandments by their tradition. The keeping of Sunday is only a tradition of men.
40 Bible Facts Concerning the First Day of the Week
  1. The very first thing recorded In the Bible is work done on Sunday, the first day of the week. (Genesis l: l-5.) The Creator Himself did this. If God made the earth on Sunday, can it be wicked for us to work on Sunday?
  2. God commands men to work upon the first day of the week. (Exodus 20.8-11.) Is it wrong to obey God?
  3. None of the patriarchs ever kept it.
  4. None of the holy prophets ever kept it.
  5. By the express command of-God, His holy people used the first day of the week as a common working day for 4,000 years, at least.
  6. God Himself calls it a "working" day. (Ezekiel 46:1.)
  7. God did not rest upon it.
  8. He never blessed it.
  9. Christ did not rest upon it.
  10. Jesus was a carpenter (Mark 6:3), and worked at His trade until He was thirty years old. He kept the Sabbath and worked six days in the week, as all admit. Hence He did many a hard day’s work on Sunday.
  11. The apostles worked upon it during the same time.
  12. The apostles never rested upon it.
  13. Christ never blessed it.
  14. It has never been blessed by any divine authority.
  15. It has never been sanctified.
  16. No law was ever given to enforce the keeping of it, hence it is no transgression to work upon it. “Where no law is, there is no transgression.” Romans 4:15 (See also 1 John 3:4.)
  17. The New Testament nowhere forbids work to be done on it.
  18. No penalty is provided for its violation.
  19. No blessing is promised for its observance.
  20. No regulation is given as to how it ought to be observed. Would this be so if the Lord wished us to keep it?
  21. It is never called the Christian Sabbath.
  22. It is never called the Sabbath day at all.
  23. It is never called the Lord’s day.
  24. It is never called even a rest day.
  25. No sacred title whatever is applied to it. Then why should we call it holy?
  26. It is simply called “first day of the week.”
  27. Jesus never-mentioned it in any way, never took its name upon His lips, so far as the record shows.
  28. The word Sunday never occurs in the Bible at all.
  29. Neither God, Christ, nor inspired men ever said one word in favor of Sunday as a holy day.
  30. The first day of the week is mentioned only eight times in all the New Testament. (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:2,9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1, 19; Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2.)
  31. Six of these texts refer to the same first day of the week.
  32. Paul directed the saints to look over their secular affairs on that day. (1Corinthians 16:2.)
  33. In all the New Testament we have a record of only one religious meeting held upon that day, and even this was a night meeting. (Acts 20:5-12.)
  34. There is not intimation that they ever held a meeting upon it before or after that.
  35. It was not their custom to meet on that day.
  36. There was no requirement to break bread on that day.
  37. We have an account of only one instance in which it was done. (Acts 20:7.)
  38. That was done in the night-after midnight. (Verses 7-11.) Jesus celebrated it on Thursday evening (Luke 22), and the disciples sometimes did it every day (Acts 2:42-46.)
  39. The Bible nowhere says that the first day of the week commemorates the resurrection of Christ. This is a tradition of men, which contradicts the law of God. (Matthew 15:1-9.) Baptism commemorates the burial and resurrection of Jesus. (Romans 6:3-5.)
  40. Finally, the New Testament is totally silent with regard to any change of the Sabbath day or any sacredness for the first day.

Here are one hundred plain Bible facts upon this question, showing conclusively that the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord in both the Old and New Testament.*

*Reprinted from a tract published by the Review and Herald Publishing Association about the year 1885.

So we rest on Saturday and worship on Sunday. According to God’s commandment that should be fine.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Deu 5:3 - The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

Anyone who reads Deut 5 can know that the ten commandments are the words of the covenant and this covenant was not made with Abraham.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. No he didn't. Please show me where JEREMIAH says that the NEW COVENANT replaced the 10 commandments? There is no scripture that says the NEW COVENANT replaced the 10 commandments David. Your reading into the scriptures something that it is not saying. As shown in post #62 linked; the OLD COVENANT was made up of God's 10 commandments and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT.

Sorry David God's WORD disagrees with you. Your mixing up the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 with God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOLEDGE of what SIN is when broken.

Hope this helps

Furthermore, when Christ abolished circumcision, he removed unbelieving physical Israel entirely leaving only the Israeli church AKA Israel, of believers. To whom he grafted believing gentiles into.

• Agree
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well Dave what you have posted does not support your claims as it only says that the LORD made a covenant with God's peopel at Sinai. Where does it say there was no 10 commandmetns before Sinai? Again what does God's WORD say?

GOD'S LAW (TORAH) BEFORE SINAI

GENESIS 26:5 Because Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM, Strong LAWS - H8451; תּורה תּרה; tôrâh tôrâh; to-raw', to-raw' From H3384; a precept or statute, especially the Decalogue or Pentateuch: - law.

Abraham kept God's TORAH which includes God's LAW (10 Commandments) and the sacrificial laws for remission of SIN and SIN offerings.

GENESIS 22:6-8; 13
[6], And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
[7], And Isaac spoke to Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
[8], And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

[13], And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

Burnt offereings were made for remission of SIN. What is SIN? Sin is disobedience to God's WORD and includes breaking God's Commandments (Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11; 1 John 3:4). It is God's WORD and his LAW that give us a KNOWLEDGE of SIN (Romans 3:20)

ROMANS 3:19-20
[19], Now we know that what things soever the law said, it said to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
[20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

NOW if GOD tells us that Abraham kept his TORAH (LAWS) then is God's 4th Commandment not part of the TORAH?

Indeed it is. Where does it say in God's WORD that Abraham or any of God's people before MOSES did NOT Keep God's Sabbath?

God says Abraham kept TORAH (10 Commandments and sin offereings). You say Abraham DID NOT keep TORAH (This includes God's 4th Commandment). Who do we believe God or man?

Now if you BELIEVE Abraham did NOT keep God's SABBATH (part of TORAH) then please show the scriptures proving that Abraham did not keep the Sabbath or God's LAW which is part of the TORAH?

God's WORD shows God's LAW (10 Commandments) and the CEREMONIAL laws and ORDINANCES for SIN offerings (TORAH) were kept BEFORE Mt Sinai.

CONCLUSION: God's people before Mt Sinai followed him and kept his laws (TORAH). God's Sabbath is a part of God's law (TORAH). There is NO scripture that says God's people including Abraham did NOT keep God's Sabbath. Genesis shows that God's people including Abraham kept his law (TORAH) which includes the Sabbath.

Cain was punished by God for Murder (6th Commandment Exo 20:13)

GENESIS 4:8-13
[8], And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
[9], And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
[10], And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
[11], And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
[12], When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
[13], And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

links to....

1 JOHN 3:12-15
[12], Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
[13], Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
[14], We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
[15], Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

CONCLUSION: SIN existed BEFORE Mt Sinai, SIN is disobeying God's WORD and breaking his law (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11). CAIN was punished for the SIN of MURDER when he slew his brother Abel.

In Genesis we also read about Joseph in Egypt as a servant being tempted to commit adultery with Potifer’s wife

GENESIS 39:7-9
[7], And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
[8], But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
[9], There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back anything from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

If Joseph did NOT know God’s LAW then how did he know he was SINNING against God by committing adultery with Potifer’s wife?

CONCLUSION: SIN existed BEFORE Mt Sinai, SIN is disobeying God's WORD and breaking his law (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11). Joseph knew that to commit ADULTERY (7th Commandment; Exodus 20:14) was SIN against God and refused not to SIN.

The Mosaic laws for remission of sin (SACRIFICIAL SIN OFFERINGS) were practiced BEFORE Sinai....

GENESIS 4:4
[4], And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering.

GENESIS 8:20
[20], And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar

SIN is the transgression of God's LAW (10 Commandments) please read Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and James 2:11. God's LAW gives us a KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS (Romans 3:20) SIN offereings were only practiced in the OLD Covenant for the remission or forgiveness of SIN (Breaking God's 10 Commandments) If God's people did not have God's LAW why are they offering SIN offereings to God if these laws were only known about in Mt Sinai?

Abraham and his son practiced and knew about sin offerings...

GENESIS 22:7-8
[7], And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? [8], And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Exodus 10:25
[25], And Moses said, Thou must give us also sacrifices and burnt offerings, that we may sacrifice unto the LORD our God.

CONCLUSION: BEFORE the written WORD of GOD there was the SPOKEN WORD of GOD handed down from Adam and Eve and spoken by God to his people. God's LAW (10 commandments) and SIN existed BEFORE Mt Sinai, SIN is disobeying God's WORD and breaking his law (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11). From Abel through to Abraham before MOSES we see God's people obeying God's LAW and providing sin offerings to God for breaking his law. If there was no law (TORAH) there would be no sin and no need for sin offerings. We could keep going here. Happy to do so if you like just let me know? Only God's WORD is true brother and we should believe and follow it.

Sorry David God's WORD disagrees with you.
But....

• Agree
Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have it backwards. The Two Great Commandments were for believers and preceded the Ten. The Ten were a spin-off of the Two designed for unbelievers, forcing them to act good because they were not.

Obviously we believe differently, guess we'll find out when we go to be with the Lord.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So we rest on Saturday and worship on Sunday. According to God’s commandment that should be fine.

Hi BNR32FAN, we should worship GOD everyday. The SEVENTH DAY of God's 4th commandment according to the scriptures God BLESSED and set aside as a HOLY DAY where no work is to be done (our own buying, selling. buisiness, domestic etc) from FRIDAY sunset to SATURDAY sunset (God's time) where we are to REMEMBER and CELEBRATE God's creation and the creator (JESUS).

God bless.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Furthermore, when Christ abolished circumcision, he removed unbelieving physical Israel entirely leaving only the Israeli church AKA Israel, of believers. To whom he grafted believing gentiles into.

Your just repeating yourself David and ignoring the scriptures provided only in love as a help to you. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT was how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to? You are only telling half the story and mix up your SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 with God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS under the NEW COVENANT *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

As shown through the scriptures earlier the OLD COVENANT includes both Gods ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) *EXODUS 34:28 and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE OLD COVENANT * EXODUS 24:7; DEUTERONOMY 29:21; DEUTERONOMY 31:26; 2 KINGS 23:2; 2 KINGS 23:3; 2 KINGS 23:21; 2 CHRONICLES 34:30; 2 CHRONICLES 34:31 that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT. Together it is God's LAW (10 Commandments) and the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 that make up the OLD COVENANT. Check the scriptures provided. Ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear.

The NEW COVENANT is not like the OLD COVENANT. No more animal sacrifices and sin offerings, ceremonial Sanctually laws and Levitcal Priesthood which all pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation under the NEW COVENANT.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But....

The BUT you provide does not make all the scipture provided in the previous post disappear. The provious post show that BEFORE SINAI God's people had the SPOKEN WORD of GOD and at SINA the written WORD of GOD that we have today. BEFORE and AFTER God's people had God's LAWS.

Upvote 0