Married
Politics
US-Others
up to 100,000 girls / women get raped in the uk every year by white man

Approximately 85,000 women are raped in England and Wales every year

Approximately 22,654 girls are raped in England and Wales every year

Police stated that 95% of sex offenders are white man

Rape statistics

Is this a racist post? Are you saying that the color of their "white" skin has some relevance to evil deeds? Wow. That's bold! And kind of RACIST!

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Do you have specific problems or just convenient excuses though?

Cause i have one. 94% of reported rapes are by white men; what proportion of the population is white male?

Considering that many places legally define rape as only being able to be perpetuated by males, you're asking the wrong question. From what I can gather, roughly 87% were white in 2011, and assuming the downward trend continued, probably 85% now. Another thing to consider is that these are only allegations of being raped. While I do not wish to discount actual victims, my generation tends to have very, very odd ideas about what constitutes rape. Regretting what you did the night before does not make it rape, for example. Neither is it rape after the fact if your hook-up buddy drops you later on (see Mattress Girl). This is how they get 20+% of the female population being raped while only 3% reports it.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
if you have any evidence that

white men never ever rape children and women

then feel free to present it.

I don't know why you're making this a skin color issue. Nobody else has done that. This is beyond the pale.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Are raped". I'm sorry, it's a sensitive topic for me. I get pretty irate. I just hate when people drag out numbers and talk sloppily to prove some kind of stupid, politically correct point. Which does nothing to help actual victims, and is meant to defend abusers of a certain background.
What is the "certain background" that is being defended?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the "certain background" that is being defended?

This thread was created as a 'counter response' to another thread that people didn't like hearing about. The title is almost the same.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This thread was created as a 'counter response' to another thread that people didn't like hearing about. The title is almost the same.
I still do not understand what "certain background" is being defended. Could you please state it? Thank you.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I still do not understand what "certain background" is being defended. Could you please state it? Thank you.

Up to 1,000 children may have been victims in worst UK abuse ring

The only thing that seemed to upset certain people wasn't the way authorities ignored the girls, but that this particular group was perpetuated by Middle - eastern immigrants. The only reason why thats important is because officials were afraid of being called racist. The thread never suggested that middle-eastern people are more likely to abuse kids, but people obsessed with identity politics were still upset.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Up to 1,000 children may have been victims in worst UK abuse ring

The only thing that seemed to upset certain people wasn't the way authorities ignored the girls, but that this particular group was perpetuated by Middle - eastern immigrants. The only reason why thats important is because officials were afraid of being called racist. The thread never suggested that middle-eastern people are more likely to abuse kids, but people obsessed with identity politics were still upset.

that's not what upset people.
it upset people that this epidemic of rape was being (and has been used as a political tool by extreme right wing factions) framed as a problem that is caused exclusively by foreigners (ne non-white people) that washes away the vast majority of rapes being committed in a majority what country were by white people.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
that's not what upset people.
it upset people that this epidemic of rape was being (and has been used as a political tool by extreme right wing factions) framed as a problem that is caused exclusively by foreigners (ne non-white people) that washes away the vast majority of rapes being committed in a majority what country were by white people.

I didn't see anything in the article framing this as a problem "caused exclusively" by foreigners...It also doesn't appear to be a political tool either, but I'll admit I'm not current on U.K. politics....

I do have one question for you though...

Let's imagine that, hypothetically, a large influx of immigrants into a western nation (like the UK or U.S.) causes some unforseen problem...criminal or otherwise...

How can we talk about that problem without being called racist or bigoted? Is there any way? Or must we avoid talking about the problem so that no one ever has bad thoughts about the immigrants?

I'm not being patronizing or sarcastic....I'm seriously asking because it seems that some people are completely incapable of discussing such problems.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I didn't see anything in the article framing this as a problem "caused exclusively" by foreigners...It also doesn't appear to be a political tool either, but I'll admit I'm not current on U.K. politics....

I do have one question for you though...

Let's imagine that, hypothetically, a large influx of immigrants into a western nation (like the UK or U.S.) causes some unforseen problem...criminal or otherwise...

How can we talk about that problem without being called racist or bigoted? Is there any way? Or must we avoid talking about the problem so that no one ever has bad thoughts about the immigrants?

I'm not being patronizing or sarcastic....I'm seriously asking because it seems that some people are completely incapable of discussing such problems.

depends on how that problem is being phrased. the narrative that was being presented is that these immigrants were creating some previously non-existent rape epidemic when in fact that was explicitly not true.
but that didn't stop forces like ukip and britain first from doing that and poisoning the well.
if you want to have an actual conversation about something you present actual facts and compare them to previous data, in this case immigrant versus non-immigrant crime rates. but that is not what was happening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
depends on how that problem is being phrased. the narrative that was being presented is that these immigrants were creating some previously non-existent rape epidemic when in fact that was explicitly not true.
but that didn't stop forces like ukip and britain first from doing that and poisoning the well.
if you want to have an actual conversation about something you present actual facts and compare them to previous data, in this case immigrant versus non-immigrant crime rates. but that is not what was happening.

Really? So...again hypothetically, if I were to show that there's a significant increase in say "rapes" in the UK...and that people of a certain background were comprising a dispoportionate number of the offenders....suddenly we could talk about why this problem is happening, how it could be fixed, and I wouldn't be considered a racist or bigot (by any reasonable person anyway)?

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well...since that conversation died, I'll just make one last post about the nonsense in this thread...

Here's a couple of points.

1. There's all kinds of crime. This thread is about a specific kind of crime. Several posters have tried to distract from that by conflating it with other crimes. For example, if I were to be talking about gang murders in south Chicago....it makes zero sense to bring up domestic murders in Connecticut. Yes, white men are probably over represented in domestic murders in Connecticut...but that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that gang murders are a problem in Chicago, and it doesn't make it racist to say that they're overwhelmingly committed by young black men. These are just facts.

Similarly , the grooming gangs that are raping young women in the UK are overwhelmingly Pakistani and mideastern Muslims. Talking about Albanian organized crime and the prostitutes they smuggle into the UK doesn't change that. Talking about the fact that common rape is most often committed by white men in the UK doesn't change that. It isn't racist or bigoted to talk about the facts and try to figure out why a problem is happening.

2. It is a problem. How do I know this? It's the muslim community itself that is stating it's a problem. I know that the Quilliam Foundation that came out with this report doesn't sound very muslim...but that's exactly what they are. They're a group of concerned Muslims that, among other things, tries to shed light on problems in the muslim community. They're concerned about combating jihadist terrorism by promoting awareness and cooperating with authorities. They're concerned about services for successfully integrating muslim refugees into western society. They're concerned about combating hate crimes against muslims...and Muslims committing hate crimes. This isn't some right-wing, Britain first, ultra nationalist group of racist old white men...it's simply a group of forward thinking Muslims trying to do the right thing by helping the muslim community assimilate without bringing the problems of the nations they left behind into the nation they're joining. This is, in my opinion, exactly the kind of group the muslim community needs.

So when they come out with a report that basically says, "Yes! There's a very serious problem of muslim men raping young girls in the UK!" I think it's safe to say that this isn't politically motivated, this isn't racist or bigoted, and they're really just trying to draw attention to the issue because it's the right thing to do.

On a personal note...this thread highlights why I no longer call myself liberal or a leftist. The majority of my views may still be very liberal, but the majority of those calling on the left these days appear to have taken a great leap away from intellectualism....even common sense...and into politically correct nonsense, demagoguery, and narrative-driven rhetoric. They've been calling people racist or bigoted so often for so long....that they now think it's islamaphobic for a bunch of Muslims to point out a problem in the muslim community! Either that, or they simply cannot admit when their narrative had been shown to be completely wrong by bare facts.

That's all, I'm done with this thread.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well...since that conversation died, I'll just make one last post about the nonsense in this thread...

Here's a couple of points.

1. There's all kinds of crime. This thread is about a specific kind of crime. Several posters have tried to distract from that by conflating it with other crimes. For example, if I were to be talking about gang murders in south Chicago....it makes zero sense to bring up domestic murders in Connecticut. Yes, white men are probably over represented in domestic murders in Connecticut...but that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that gang murders are a problem in Chicago, and it doesn't make it racist to say that they're overwhelmingly committed by young black men. These are just facts.

Similarly , the grooming gangs that are raping young women in the UK are overwhelmingly Pakistani and mideastern Muslims. Talking about Albanian organized crime and the prostitutes they smuggle into the UK doesn't change that. Talking about the fact that common rape is most often committed by white men in the UK doesn't change that. It isn't racist or bigoted to talk about the facts and try to figure out why a problem is happening.

2. It is a problem. How do I know this? It's the muslim community itself that is stating it's a problem. I know that the Quilliam Foundation that came out with this report doesn't sound very muslim...but that's exactly what they are. They're a group of concerned Muslims that, among other things, tries to shed light on problems in the muslim community. They're concerned about combating jihadist terrorism by promoting awareness and cooperating with authorities. They're concerned about services for successfully integrating muslim refugees into western society. They're concerned about combating hate crimes against muslims...and Muslims committing hate crimes. This isn't some right-wing, Britain first, ultra nationalist group of racist old white men...it's simply a group of forward thinking Muslims trying to do the right thing by helping the muslim community assimilate without bringing the problems of the nations they left behind into the nation they're joining. This is, in my opinion, exactly the kind of group the muslim community needs.

So when they come out with a report that basically says, "Yes! There's a very serious problem of muslim men raping young girls in the UK!" I think it's safe to say that this isn't politically motivated, this isn't racist or bigoted, and they're really just trying to draw attention to the issue because it's the right thing to do.

On a personal note...this thread highlights why I no longer call myself liberal or a leftist. The majority of my views may still be very liberal, but the majority of those calling on the left these days appear to have taken a great leap away from intellectualism....even common sense...and into politically correct nonsense, demagoguery, and narrative-driven rhetoric. They've been calling people racist or bigoted so often for so long....that they now think it's islamaphobic for a bunch of Muslims to point out a problem in the muslim community! Either that, or they simply cannot admit when their narrative had been shown to be completely wrong by bare facts.

That's all, I'm done with this thread.
Well spoken, Ana.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well spoken, Ana.
I agree with you.

Whether is the problem of pedophelia with Christian priests and ministers, or rape in the Muslim community, we need to examine how religion is used to allow people to do such disgusting things. This is in the interest of all religions to put an end to this.

This reminds me of how someone who actually bragged about sexually assaulting women by grabbing their genitals was excused as just using "locker room talk" by so many. How can anyone then act surprised when sexually assaulting women is also ignored in England?

Last edited:
Upvote 0