Atheist
Marital Status
Married
up to 100 000 girls / women get raped in the uk every year by white man

Approximately 85,000 women are raped in England and Wales every year

Approximately 22,654 girls are raped in England and Wales every year

Police stated that 95% of sex offenders are white man

Rape statistics

Those are vague and misleading stats. If only 15% of rapes are reported...how do we know the other 85% occurred? I didn't see any stats on convictions...which makes that 100,000 number even more questionable, especially since it includes attempted rapes.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The number abused by their religious or medical trusted 'professionals' is also astonishing - and by family.

Usually, it is someone who is trusted , oh, political or job related also,
but
religious and medical by far outnumber the others, FOR CENTURIES.
"someone who is trusted" but should not be.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Those are vague and misleading stats. If only 15% of rapes are reported...how do we know the other 85% occurred? I didn't see any stats on convictions...which makes that 100,000 number even more questionable, especially since it includes attempted rapes.
It is almost always worse than expected. When one town OFFERED TO PROSECUTED religious offenders if the women would make a report,
the results were so huge, so overwhelming, in just a few days,
that NO ONE was prosecuted ! They dared not due to the power of the perpetrators , and they had not the manpower nor the money to prosecute them any way.
IN ONE TOWN. Multiply this by millions.... (or tens of thousands at least....

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I can answer some of the questions:
If only 15% of rapes are reported...how do we know the other 85% occurred? The links at the end of the article report the statistical collection methods. It appears UK has a national crime survey annually.

I didn't see any stats on convictions The article stated that in the UK 5.7% of police reports of sexual assault result in conviction. In Australia its closer to 3%.

Yes an attempted rape is considered as a sexual assault as is digital penetration - Im not sure of the point your trying to make. The media chooses to often use rape as the collective term whereas law enforcement tend to use sexual assault. To the victim it doesnt matter the part of the anatomy used or how successful the penetration was. Its a rape.

Whats your point in challenging the OP? These stats are nothing new. They are no better in your country as well. If your challenging the actual rate of successful rapes I'm puzzled why you would but if your more comfortable with a lower rate then mentally decrease the percentage to say 4% if that makes you feel better about the OP?

if you would like US based stats try Victims of Sexual Violence: Statistics | RAINN

I should point out 10% of sexual assaults are on young men. Boys aged 6-16 are at highest risk.

The Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse described well the perpetrator demographic. https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/file-list/Research Report - Evidence and frameworks for understanding perpetrators of institutional child sexual abuse - Causes.pdf

It shows that the perpetrators are mostly men. In the case of paedophilia though, the studies indicated that the percentage for female offenders rises such that 94% are male and 6% female. Perpetrators are commonly known to the victim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These are odd stats. Your source doesn't match what you have said. I am very much for proper victim support, but you are twisting stats for something very serious to make some kind of point. Plus, it seems as though you don't really have a firm grasp on English. Are you sure you understand the reports?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
These are odd stats. Your source doesn't match what you have said. I am very much for proper victim support, but you are twisting stats for something very serious to make some kind of point. Plus, it seems as though you don't really have a firm grasp on English. Are you sure you understand the reports?
The purpose of writing is to communicate - The English was sound enough for me to understand her OP. I'm curious what statistic you're disputing though?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The purpose of writing is to communicate - The English was sound enough for me to understand her OP. I'm curious what statistic you're disputing though?
I couldn't find the reference to 95% of the offenders being white. Maybe I am missing it.

I understood as well, but all of the reports are in English. Perhaps they are missing something.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can answer some of the questions:
If only 15% of rapes are reported...how do we know the other 85% occurred? The links at the end of the article report the statistical collection methods. It appears UK has a national crime survey annually.

I doubt the accuracy of self-reports...especially in crime surveys.

I didn't see any stats on convictions The article stated that in the UK 5.7% of police reports of sexual assault result in conviction. In Australia its closer to 3%.

So out of the 100k claimed cases, only 15k were reported...and of those only 800 or so resulted in conviction. That huge 100,000 number is already a lot lower when we look at what's been proven. 800 is bad...but hardly a major issue.

Yes an attempted rape is considered as a sexual assault as is digital penetration - Im not sure of the point your trying to make. The media chooses to often use rape as the collective term whereas law enforcement tend to use sexual assault. To the victim it doesnt matter the part of the anatomy used or how successful the penetration was. Its a rape.

Right, but I doubt the survey asked for any details regarding these incidents. We don't even know if these attempted rapes would meet the legal definition of attempted rapes or sexual assaults.

Whats your point in challenging the OP? These stats are nothing new. They are no better in your country as well. If your challenging the actual rate of successful rapes I'm puzzled why you would but if your more comfortable with a lower rate then mentally decrease the percentage to say 4% if that makes you feel better about the OP?

if you would like US based stats try Victims of Sexual Violence: Statistics | RAINN

I should point out 10% of sexual assaults are on young men. Boys aged 6-16 are at highest risk.

The Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse described well the perpetrator demographic. https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/file-list/Research Report - Evidence and frameworks for understanding perpetrators of institutional child sexual abuse - Causes.pdf

It shows that the perpetrators are mostly men. In the case of paedophilia though, the studies indicated that the percentage for female offenders rises such that 94% are male and 6% female. perpetrators are commonly known o the victim.

My point is exactly what I stated at the beginning of my last post. Those numbers are misleading and vague....which is the nice way of saying they're wrong. Out of 100,000 cases...800 are definitely rape or sexual assault. That's the takeaway here. The other 99,200 cases we just cannot be sure of.

Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not finding the match on any of the stats they have cited. Where am I missing it?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
and still the right wingers will blame this on arabs, blacks and muslims.
I have no interest in a blame culture but I do want to at least try to respond with statistical accuracy. I have read law enforcement reports out of Germany. It is true to say that moslem men in that country, over-represent the percentage of sexual assault perpetration. There's reasons behind that but poverty and a historical cultural background of stronger patriarchy are part of it.

Having said that I become irritated when that's used as a banner for right wing bigotry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I doubt the accuracy of self-reports...especially in crime surveys.
I cant comment on the accuracy of this survey but I can comment generally about self-reporting. Where the reporter has nothing to gain by the survey, they tend to be quite accurate.... there are systematic research reviews on this topic.

800 is bad...but hardly a major issue.
I guess that depends on your perspective. If a man had thrust his penis into you anally, I would suggest you would consider the failure to secure a conviction of your rapist a major issue.... That is the real message.

Your maths needs some correction - of the 85000 women and 12000 men, 5.7% gain a conviction. I couldnt see the total anywhere but mathematically on those vague stats it should be around 5700 - still low though.

Right, but I doubt the survey asked for any details regarding these incidents. We don't even know if these attempted rapes would meet the legal definition of attempted rapes or sexual assaults.
The survey was attached for you to read

Out of 100,000 cases...800 are definitely rape or sexual assault. That's the takeaway here. The other 99,200 cases we just cannot be sure of.
If you are of a view that the UK just has 800 confirmed sexual assaults annually your mistaken. Im certain they would hail themselves as a beacon of social cohesion if that was the case... but I dont think they are ready to do that just yet.

If you dont like the UK stats use your own law enforcement stats. They read pretty much the same. Its not a UK issue - its a world wide issue.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Indeed. Articles from the Daily Mail are much more reliable statistically and better for making broad comments, amirite?

I care a lot less about the source than the actual numbers and how they were arrived at themselves. A 6 year old kid could be giving the stats....what's important is their quality.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I cant comment on the accuracy of this survey but I can comment generally about self-reporting. Where the reporter has nothing to gain by the survey, they tend to be quite accurate.... there are systematic research reviews on this topic.

I would generally agree...but when a crime isn't clearly defined, people tend to vary in their understanding of what constitutes rape or sexual assault. There was even a survey recently on what actions people believe constituted sexual harassment....the results were all over the place.

I guess that depends on your perspective. If a man had thrust his penis into you anally, I would suggest you would consider the failure to secure a conviction of your rapist a major issue.... That is the real message.

We have no way of knowing who was raped and who wasn't in those 99,200 incidents...that's the real message.

Your maths needs some correction - of the 85000 women and 12000 men, 5.7% gain a conviction. I couldnt see the total anywhere but mathematically on those vague stats it should be around 5700 - still low though.

That may be true...but it's not what you said. If only 15% of the 100,000 that were reported to police...5.7% gained a conviction....then that's somewhere around 800. I think it's fair to say 100% of the 85,000 that weren't reported to police didn't get a conviction.

The survey was attached for you to read

Am I wrong in assuming it didn't clearly define rape?

If you are of a view that the UK just has 800 confirmed sexual assaults annually your mistaken. Im certain they would hail themselves as a beacon of social cohesion if that was the case... but I dont think they are ready to do that just yet.

I'm sure the actual number is higher...I just can't be certain about more than the 800.

If you dont like the UK stats use your own law enforcement stats. They read pretty much the same. Its not a UK issue - its a world wide issue.

It varies worldwide....and when you look at worldwide numbers, it seems apparent the problem gets exaggerated a bit here in the west.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Do you have specific problems or just convenient excuses though?

Cause i have one. 94% of reported rapes are by white men; what proportion of the population is white male?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I would generally agree...but when a crime isn't clearly defined, people tend to vary in their understanding of what constitutes rape or sexual assault. There was even a survey recently on what actions people believe constituted sexual harassment....the results were all over the place.

We have no way of knowing who was raped and who wasn't in those 99,200 incidents...that's the real message.
Im not seeing the same "we have no way knowing guilt" attitude in the other thread though. Have they secured convictions of the 880 or so asian perverts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0