enroute
✟1,404,424.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think you need the scripture for people to refer to. here it is.

Matthew 25

King James Version (KJV)

25 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was a cry saying to the 10 virgins the bridegroom is coming...go out to meet him... It was midnight...so dark and in those days they need light or lamps... Because they had no flashlights...:).... Anyway they were told to go and meet him...but the ones that had no oil had to go get more... They weren't prepared for the night walk to meet him and while they went to get more the bridegroom came ... And they were left out.... Because they did not have enough light....

My question is... Why didn't they follow the ones who already had light?....they could have just followed rather than leave to go get more oil .... I mean one flashlight would have been enough for all 10

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Question posed to everyone.

Why do both the wise and unwise virgins know the day to be at the door for the bridegroom's return?

Shalom
Mark
They don't know.

This is a parable and therefore, to try and make every instance mean something can miss the overall meaning.

Taking their lamps to go out and meet the bridegroom should be understood to be going on about life in Christ.

5 have oil and 5 do not...the oil represents the Holy Spirit. Those that have oil are ready.

You get it now?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Makes no sense... Why did the virgins tell the others to go and bye more oil.... Bad advice.... They should have remain in the pact... And use the light others provided.... Bad prepping skills.... They ran out of light so they leave to go and get more? At a crucial time?.... Makes no sense...

But the whole point is to be wise and wait for the coming of The Lord

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They don't know.

This is a parable and therefore, to try and make every instance mean something can miss the overall meaning.

Taking their lamps to go out and meet the bridegroom should be understood to be going on about life in Christ.

5 have oil and 5 do not...the oil represents the Holy Spirit. Those that have oil are ready.

You get it now?

Read vrs 6 again... A cry was made... Go out to meet the bridegroom .... They knew he was coming.... But instead these went to buy more oil....

They disobeyed a direct command... Go out to meet him... What would you have done? Go out to meet him or go get more oil?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,424.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They don't know.

You get it now?

Actually they all had oil, the unwise did not have enough and their lamps were going out.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually they all had oil, the unwise did not have enough and their lamps were going out.

That would be true.

I think the key point is that the unwise took none with them. So they didn't have enough.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think they were camping...see... And they feel asleep...after eating some s'mores and hotdogs... And left their lamps going.... When the call was made ... They freaked out ...see... And half asleep they made a bad choice ....and got left out... And missed the wedding feast... Or banquet or whatever took place ...because the bridegroom had no idea who they were... And the door was shut...

It's interesting that they eventually found their way to the place where it takes place... But knocking and pleading on the door lead to no avail ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prewrathrap

Jan 24, 2010
✟15,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They don't know.

You get it now?

I get what you are saying but I believe there is a deeper meaning here then the obvious that you have pointed out.

I got to go see Perry Stone this weekend and he had a really great talk on the Parable of the householder hiring workers at different hours during the day. The pay received by all was the same and he equated the pay as gifts and said the 11th hour laborers are those of us during the last days (now) would get all the gifts of spirit. It was quite a talk and opened my eyes to search this particular parable as I see that they do know the day of Jesus's coming and looking for to see what others think.

Shalom
Mark

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,424.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I get what you are saying but I believe there is a deeper meaning here then the obvious that you have pointed out.

I got to go see Perry Stone this weekend and he had a really great talk on the Parable of the householder hiring workers at different hours during the day. The pay received by all was the same and he equated the pay as gifts and said the 11th hour laborers are those of us during the last days (now) would get all the gifts of spirit. It was quite a talk and opened my eyes to search this particular parable as I see that they do know the day of Jesus's coming and looking for to see what others think.

Shalom
Mark

Mark, Perry Stone has an excellent talk on the ten virgins on youtube. You should check it out.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,424.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think they were camping...see... And they feel asleep...after eating some s'mores and hotdogs... And left their lamps going.... When the call was made ... They freaked out ...see... And half asleep they made a bad choice ....and got left out... And missed the wedding feast... Or banquet or whatever took place ...because the bridegroom had no idea who they were... And the door was shut...

It's interesting that they eventually found their way to the place where it takes place... But knocking and pleading on the door lead to no avail ...

Yeah, and for sure they did not think they would be out waiting until midnight.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's all about good and wise choices...when Jesus comes to the earth ... Crys will be made during those days... People will know he is coming soon... The choices we make in those days will determine if we get in ... Or be left out...make them count ...:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prewrathrap

Jan 24, 2010
✟15,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read vrs 6 again... A cry was made... Go out to meet the bridegroom .... They knew he was coming.... But instead these went to buy more oil....

They disobeyed a direct command... Go out to meet him... What would you have done? Go out to meet him or go get more oil?

Good point exactly why I asked the question.

Then comes the question if they did not know the hour of his coming how do they know they will run out of oil. There is something deeper here.

What do lamps represent? The light and why do they not share?

Lots of questions and lots of study.

Is there more here on this parable on the kingdom?

Shalom
Mark

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good point exactly why I asked the question.

Then comes the question if they did not know the hour of his coming how do they know they will run out of oil. There is something deeper here.

What do lamps represent? The light and why do they not share?

Lots of questions and lots of study.

Is there more here on this parable on the kingdom?

Shalom
Mark

I think your looking into it too deeply... But if that's the route you wish to go... Then Maybe there is an answer to your questions.... Jews would have a better sense on this ...since it refers to a Jewish wedding... But I personally would not create new doctrines from the simple teaching to make good choices and wait upon The Lord and go out to meet him ...

Hope you find the correct answers ...:)

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally I don't think the lamp with oil is the Holy Spirit going out..how do you bye and sell the Holy Spirit ?...and if they are going to get the Holy Spirit ... It's obvious they bought the oil so they made their way to the place where it was held.., yet the doors were shut... So what then?... Are the doors shut to one that has the Holy Spirit ?... Nope .. Makes no sense...

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's good and evil choices that gets one in or out... That's the point... Had they been wise and brought oil or decided to go by faith and seek The Lord as commanded ...then they would have been in... It poor choices that had them not enter the kingdom...

Upvote 0

mog144

Jul 18, 2011
Atop Mount Zion "Heaven"
✟1,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There was a cry saying to the 10 virgins the bridegroom is coming...go out to meet him... It was midnight...so dark and in those days they need light or lamps... Because they had no flashlights...:).... Anyway they were told to go and meet him...but the ones that had no oil had to go get more... They weren't prepared for the night walk to meet him and while they went to get more the bridegroom came ... And they were left out.... Because they did not have enough light....

My question is... Why didn't they follow the ones who already had light?....they could have just followed rather than leave to go get more oil .... I mean one flashlight would have been enough for all 10

If you consider a flashlight as a metaphor, look at it this way, the wise couldn't give up any of their source of power to share with the unwise; it would be like taking one of the two battery cells out of your flashlight and lend it to another, leaving yourself with only one and no circuit is completed, neither one of you will have the power to illuminate the way with only one battery each.

Upvote 0