✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Zeke,
If you're not going to read what I actually wrote, and respond to the obvious points in what I wrote, and are just going to stand there and point your finger and stick out your tongue then I'm not going to bother to discuss this with you. You need to actually respond to the points I actually made. If you can't do that, and are just going to viscously attack straw-men of your own creation, then I'll just but out and let you have fun all on your own with that. There are many significant points above that you simply HAVE NOT responded to as a mature adult, but instead have just blown raspberries at. I'm quite disappointed.
pardon me?
i said Balogna, and lol once...showing that i disagree with your interp.
but i answered you on each point you made.
i'm too old and too busy to just fool around and blow raspberries.

one is allowed to disagree with you, and still be a serious student.
sorry for my slang
You especially need to try and be a bit more mature as you deal with my 3 reasons for not being a futurist!

1. It ignores the obvious symbolic nature of the writing
i say being a futurist does not ignore the symbolic writing of the book...
and i usually give what i get, btw...i turn the other cheek if things heat up.
2. It makes the majority of Revelation incomprehensible to the majority of Christians.
not all Christians are "wise"...as is evident here, most disagree....
and again, we are told as much....
only the wise, only the elect, not everyone.

futurists have the same ability as you do, to recognize OT and NT symbols in Rev and make the connection.
some do so, some do not.

3. It ignores the fact that John said it was all to start SOON for the time was NEAR, and that ultimately the whole book is about the gospel of Jesus. See chapter 1.
no futurist i know debates that it started "soon", and includes the time "soon" to John.
if they do, then they are wrong.
(most biblical scholars believe that John penned the Rev 20+ years after 70AD)

but futurists see that the total fulfillment of the book has not happened yet.
if it were as you perscribe, then Rev19-22 would have also been fulfilled "soon" to John.
you make "soon" apply to some of the book, but not all of the book.
as it suits you

maybe you can show me the "gospel" in Rev, the part that teaches that Christ died for our sins...
because that very specific portion of the Gospel is repeated each time the Gospel is preached....
it's central
it seems void in Rev.

you are a partial preterist i think, a view that i have considered and dismissed for already stated reasons.

RETURN = FUTURISM for WHOLE BOOK!?
return = futurism for at least some of it, which is what i have been saying.
why would not that include the time right before His return???

Also, Revelation as a symbolic piece of gospel writing OF COURSE refers to at least ONE event in the future. The Return of Christ and Judgement Day.
It does this again and again and again in Chapters 17 to 20. In picture language. In bible symbolism. But the event itself is, of course, real. We know that from other *more* literal parts of the bible!
we also know from other more literal parts of the bible
that there is a certain defined period of time before the 2nd Coming of Christ,
and there is no reason to think it's not in Rev too.

2Thes2's beginning describes that time, and at least one big future event before the return of Christ and gathering unto Him.
do you believe that was fulfilled in 70 AD or is it future?

But, as I said, just because the gospel itself includes mention of Judgement Day does not place the WHOLE GOSPEL ITSELF in the future. The way you read Revelation it's almost as if Jesus died for our sins IN THE FUTURE! (Some chapters of Revelation are obviously gospel recaps, like Chapter 12, NOT parts of a future timeline!)
well, i see Rev12 as parenthetical and covering ALL of time.
before Satan being cast out of heaven, i take as the past
from Satan being cast out of heaven, i take for future.
Satan was able to go to and fro on the earth, until the temptation of Christ.
then it's a stricktly spiritual attack after that point.

but he'll be back, cast to earth for a short time, future, defacto.

Again, it's like getting "the Four Spiritual Laws" or "2 ways to live" gospel tracts and insisting, dogmatically, that because ONE part of the gospel mentions the future return of Christ, the WHOLE GOSPEL is set in the future.
i have never said that.

That's how "logical" your current argument appears to be! And it's weak. Worse than weak tea pouring out of a wet paper bag. And you know it or you would have put a little bit more effort into your reply and been, I dunno, more adult!
i don't know what your problem is Bro.
just because i don't believe your interp, doesn't make me juvienial.

Ridiculous! There is no verse in the bible that indicates anyone other than the Father knows when the Lord Jesus is going to return.
ya i know, i just said that.
don't date set....

but the elect shall know when they are in it, from the signs being fulfilled.
they are even part of the fulfillment themselves.

it's not rediculous. it's fact

There *are* verses, however, that indicate us Christians should not be ashamed of our lifestyles or 'surprised'. That is, caught unprepared. The 10 virgins were meant to have oil in their lamps and keep it there precisely BECAUSE they did not know when he would return. They were NOT told off for being ignorant of the time of his return, but for being disobedient and unprepared. See the difference?
but being disobedient and unprepared is the very reason why they are ignorant of His return.
but i'm a post tribber, and as such see things differently than dispy's do.

i won't respond to your last point, more than this.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,264.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
pardon me?
i said Balogna, and lol once...showing that i disagree with your interp.
but i answered you on each point you made.
i'm too old and too busy to just fool around and blow raspberries.

one is allowed to disagree with you, and still be a serious student.
sorry for my slang
Hey, I was over-tired last night. I'll try again. Bologna does not bother me in the slightest, it was the terseness of your replies, the short, ill-considered one liners that got to me more than anything else. But as I said, I was exhausted. I'll try not to blow up like that again.

i say being a futurist does not ignore the symbolic writing of the book...
and i usually give what i get, btw...i turn the other cheek if things heat up.
Good for you! But what do you make of Chapter 12, for example? Is that in the future, or the past? What is it about? Let's see how your biblical symbolism behaves here in particular.

Now, the following is your reply to my 2nd point.
2. It makes the majority of Revelation incomprehensible to the majority of Christians.
not all Christians are "wise"...as is evident here, most disagree....
and again, we are told as much....
only the wise, only the elect, not everyone.

futurists have the same ability as you do, to recognize OT and NT symbols in Rev and make the connection.
some do so, some do not.
This is not about how well one group or other group understands their bibles. I'm not arguing that futurists as a group might not have 'wisdom' to understand Revelation, or have some character flaw like laziness or lack of diligence or something. It's not character at all.

Problems with Futurism.
1: Revelation becomes irrelevant and incomprehensible for the majority of Christians. The most serious side effect of unthinking futurism is that the book of Revelation then becomes utterly irrelevant for the vast majority of Christian history. If only our generation has the world order and political situation through which to finally understand this otherwise mysterious book, then what good has it been for the church for the last 2000 years? Futurists would turn today's geo-politics into the lens through which we are to understand the bible. That's just so upside down and back to front one hardly knows where to begin conversing with these people!

Futurism as a general hermeneutic to Revelation makes the majority of the book utterly inaccessible and incomprehensible and no plain good to anyone prior to the generation that finally has the right set of geopolitics and newspaper headlines to 'get' it. In other words, my concern is not just that the book is not *about* any generation prior to ours, but that it is utterly mysterious and bewildering to any generation prior to ours. According to most futurists I read, the headlines just do not 'fit' the bible until *their* particular blend of headlines and geopolitics is finally applied to Revelation. Only *they* have the right lens. Only *they* understand. Only *they* can wriggle today's political landscape into the symbols in Revelation and finally get some *meaning* out of it.

In that case, what has been the *point* of the book for 2000 years? I thought Revelation was the unsealing of Daniel's prophetic vision. I thought it was meant to explain stuff. I thought it was an unveiling of mysteries, not a recasting of it all into doubt and uncertainty and endless, endless speculation! Futurism doesn't unveil anything, but ironically seals it all up again inside a false hermeneutic and set of presuppositions that actually *rob* the book of all its meaning.

Not only that, but it's *dangerous*. How many cults have been kick-started by reading Revelation as applying to our times? It's not just JW's, Mormons, Jonestown, Waco Texas Branch Davidians, and all the big ones that concern me. It's the countless time and energy wasted wondering how it all fits together. It's the sense of bewilderment so many feel in the face of so many competing views. It's the fact that there is a sense that none of it applies to *me* until blah blah blah happens. Futurism as a hermeneutic robs Christians of one of the most gospel orientated and comforting and *practical* books in the bible.

2: Revelation becomes PATRONISING & NASTY to today's suffering Christians.
Futurists deny that John was writing to *his* generation about things that are about to happen "soon" for "The time is near" (See Chapter 1). Instead, they rip it out of the Roman context and stick the book down somewhere 2000 years later! Instead comforting Christians suffering under the Romans back then, it rubs their noses in it and proclaims, "You think YOU'VE got it bad! Just wait till you see how bad they have it in this thing we call the TRIBULATION!" Insisting the TRIBULATION is actually in the far future makes a mockery of all those who have already suffered unspeakable loss for His name.

Try telling Richard Wurmbrant that he didn't live through a 'tribulation'. Try telling Christian parents who watched their kids get butchered in former Communist and Muslim countries. Try telling someone who watched their family get buried alive in Africa, and had to watch their children begging for their lives as they choked up dirt in their last breaths.

The futurist declares that Revelation's got nothing for them now. It's a boring timetable about the FUTURE, and how those poor Christians are going to suffer EVEN MORE! (Or get miraculously raptured away... which would make me ask why I had to go through it and they didn't!)
It's the constant projection of one, terrible, all consuming tribulation in the future when we should be more concerned about helping our brothers and sisters who are being persecuted *right now*.

3: Revelation fails to reinterpret the Messiah Christologically!
The Reformation Theologians and great Reformed Calvinist thinkers of today are Amil. They read the obvious biblical symbolism in Revelation and see a theological sermon, not a future timetable. This sermon covers a lot of ground, but much of it is Christological and helps the early Jews understand who the Messiah really was as the suffering Servant king, and how that all works with fulfilling the LONG TERM security of God's spiritual people. Jewish Christians were often confused about why Jesus was taking so long to kick out the Romans. The fact that God's Kingdom was now 'not of this world' often escaped them. Revelation explains all this.

Futurists would strip this sermon of it's power and turn it into a boring, arbitrary, lifeless timetable. To which I reply, eeerrh? So what? Especially if it's not going to happen in my lifetime?

So, other than tossing around a bunch of Scriptures that also confirm a Reformed Amil approach, they are the top 3 reasons I'm not a futurist!

Instead, Revelation describes the imminent Roman persecution of Christians with a lot of symbolic writing and Old Testament metaphors thrown in. But it does so generally, so that any 'particular' event that *might* be described is not just for Christians under Rome, but for all Christians across all time who might be persecuted. Just as the problems Paul addresses in the congregation at Corinth are not *exclusively* for Corinth, so too the challenges in Revelation were not just for the Roman Christians.

I'm partly Partial-Preterist but mainly Symbolist. That is, rather than try to get a Phd in Roman History to 'really' understand Revelation better, I think Revelation is clearer than that. It's self-explanatory if read in the context of the whole bible. It describes our danger from political persecution, worldly philosophies, the pleasures of wealth and even from God's judgement against this world in natural disasters. However, God's people are ultimately safe, and God is judging this world right now even as we wait for the FINAL judgement. God is in control, even when bad things happen. So trust Him! John said it was about things that were going to happen SOON, in his generation, and that the TIME WAS NEAR!

That's the message, in a nutshell. So it has plenty to say to Christians in ALL situations and ages and circumstances, even us in the filthy rich west. In vivid picture language, it warns us not to trust in money or worldly security. It warns us natural disasters can pluck us or our loved ones out of history and into eternity at ANY moment; but that ultimately, we are eternally secure.

I find it a disturbing book precisely because it doesn't describe some future timetable, but instead offers a general description of life anywhere, any time. These things could happen to me and to my family; and God would not have broken any promises to me! He warned me. In his love, God wrote this letter to warn me that we live in desperate times. We really do live in the Last Days, and have done since Peter declared it to be the Last Day's when the Holy Spirit first came on the church 2000 years ago. (Acts 2).

return = futurism for at least some of it, which is what i have been saying.
why would not that include the time right before His return???
You're using your presupposition that it is a timetable to justify reading it as a timetable! You're using your assumption that some of Revelation describes the events around the Lord's return to justify reading the whole BOOK as a set of future events. But what if instead of describing a particular time, it is describing a particular truth? What if, instead of filling our lives with boring details about who is fighting who and which country is at war with which country, which almost seems irrelevant to me, it is actually describing not events but timeless truths about human folly and Satanic worldviews and worldly philosophies and deception and the struggle of God's people to remain faithful to God because He is certainly going to remain faithful to us!?

Upvote 0
P

peggy sue

So many fibs in the Dispensational Pre-Trib Rapture View
Was watching a video exposing Pre-trib. They summed it up very nice in this little expose.
Top 10 Pre-trib Fibs
Fib #1
Jesus comes BEFORE the tribulation.

Scriptures exposes this lie easily.
Matthew 24:29
Immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days shall the sun shall be darkened and the moon
shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heaven shall be shaken.
Let us get another witness; to establish truth.
Mark 13:24
But in those days, AFTER that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light.
Clearly Jesus comes AFTER the tribulation.
So this pre-trib jargon of Jesus coming before the tribulation is just a ruse of man to deceive the gullible.
This is the falling away.
FIB#2
The Rapture is with a Secret coming.

O, it IS, is it?
Revelation 1:17
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and EVERY eye shall SEE him, and they which also pierced him: and all
kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Amen.
Secret huh?
Revelation 11:12
And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to
heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
See that? After the tribulation comes the resurrection / rapture.
At the seventh / Last trumpet!
Don't give me that faked up Revelation 4:1 spiritualized "Come up hither" as a pre-trib rapture, when the Bible
clearly show the real rapture, "Come up hither" POST-TRIB!
Pre-tribbers, you have been lied to all this time!
Thats not all, no, thats not all.
Here is yet another big FIB.

FIB#3
Jesus comes as a thief to the believers.

The Bible says the exact opposite yet again, ho hum.
1 Thessalonians 5:4
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake YOU as a thief.
Did you see that?
Do you believe it?
You need to, for it is scripture.
FIB#4
The falling away is the rapture.

Falling is the action of being RAISED up in Christ don't you know.
Right, and I have some swamp land to sell you.
Pre-trib indoctrination is all part and parcel of the falling away.
FIB#5
The Pre-Tribulationalist believes that the seven year "tribulation" is the WRATH of God.

They can't seem to learn that Wrath of God is at the last day in the seven Vials of WRATH!
Let us see what scriptures has to say. Why looky here.
Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth
and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great WRATH, because he
knoweth he hath but a short time.
Some extra proof for a witness, easy....
Revelation 15:1
And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues;
for in them is filled up the WRATH of God.
See that? The Wrath of God is AFTER the tribulation.
Can't seem to understand the difference between Satan's Wrath and God's Wrath.
Satan's wrath comes FIRST, then God's wrath at the LAST DAY. Namely the last HOUR!
Yet, another scripture to debunk the fake Pre-trib lies.
Look at this.
Revelation 15:7,8
And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God,
who liveth for ever and ever.
And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power;
and NO MAN was able to ENTER INTO the temple, TILL the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.
Clearly post-Trib
Revelation 16:1
And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials
of the wrath of God upon the earth.
It does not stop here, they keep fibbing! Look at this shameful one!
FIB#6
The tribulation is a period of seven years.

Is that scriptural and true? NO!..proof...watch this.
Daniel 7:25
How long?
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the SAINTS of the
most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until
A TIME and TIMES and the DIVIDING of TIME.
42 months = seven years to the Pre-tribbers.
All these fibs are catching up and overtaking the gullible.
other scriptures for proof? easy.. Watch this.
Matthew 24:22
And except those days should be SHORTENED, there should no flesh be saved: but for the
elect's sake those days SHALL be SHORTENED!
See how scripture backs up scripture?
Another one, look at this confirmation.
Revelation 11:2,3
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the GENTILES:
and the holy city shall they tread under foot FORTY and TWO months.
And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophecy a THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED
and THREESCORE DAYS, clothed in sackcloth.
The Bible is clear that the time frame is 42 months, 3 1/2 years, NOT seven years.
But there is more.
Revelation 12:6
And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they shall feed her
there a THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED and THREESCORE DAYS.
Revelation 12:14
And to the women were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness,
into her place, where she is nourished for a TIME, and TIMES, and HALF a TIME,
from the face of the serpent.
Revelation 13:5
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given
him to continue FORTY and TWO months!
See how bad the fibs are from the Pre-trib rapturist?
Here comes yet another desperate fib. Look at this one.
FIB#7
The Church is not mentioned after Revelation 4, proving a Pre-trib Rapture.

O, really! Let us go to the scriptures daily to find out to see if these things are so, just like the Bereans.
O,O!Look at these scriptures that expose yet another fib.
Revelation 13:7
And it was given unto him to make war with the SAINTS, and to overcome THEM: and
power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
My, my, the scriptures say differently, don't they?
More scripture for to establish a witness.Why looky here; in the book of Revelation AFTER Revelation Chapter 4!
Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the SAINTS: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the CHURCHES. I am the root and the
offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
The Book of Revelation was written TO the CHURCHES!!!
O NO! There are MORE fibs! Look at this fiasco!
FIB#8
Jesus can come at any moment.

Wow! The brazenness of these Pre-tribbers is eye popping!
Let us always go to the scriptures to prove things.
So....
Why looky here!
Matthew 24:6
And ye shall hear of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass,
BUT THE END IS NOT YET!
Another witness from scripture..
Mark 13:7
And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must
needs be; but the END SHALL NOT BE YET!
Yet another scripture of many more. Watch this.
2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceave you by any means: for THAT DAY SHALL NOT COME, except there
come a falling away FIRST, AND the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Here is the biggest lie of them all.
FIB#9
It is the Christians that get removed from the earth.
Hack, cough, spitoowie!
Shall we learn a lesson here? Always choose the word of God over that of man!
So, here we go straight to the Holy Scriptures yet again.
Well, that did not take long; look at this!
Proverbs 10:30
The righteous shall NEVER be removed: but the wicked shall NOT inherit the earth.
See that? also, .... Does Jesus get his prayers answered? Really?
I know his prayers get answered.
Listen to his prayer, believingly!
John 17:15
I pray NOT that thou shouldest take then OUT of the world, BUT that thou shouldest KEEP them from the evil.
FIB#10
Christians won't suffer any tribulation.

Matthew 13:21
Yet he hath not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when TRIBULATION or persecution ariseth
because of the word, by and by he is offended.
This verse says to the contrary.
John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye SHALL
have tribulation: But be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Lots of witnesses of this point in Scripture.
Look at this puppy!
Acts 14:22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we
MUST through MUCH tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
Pre-trib has not one verse to back up the faked up claim of a Pre-Tribulational rapture,
seeing that EVERY scripture on the subject is CLEARLY POST TRIB.
PeterAV
Every word of God is pure:
The words of man are not pure!
Run from the lies of Pre-trib rapture.

Its amazing to me that people buy into such lies, even worse is that these same lies are now being taught in many of the schools that produce ministers, its no wonder TBN is one of the biggest proponets of furthering this false teaching

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
These Christians brothers aren't lying. They just view and interpret scriptures differently. They may have been led to believe this and are comfortable with the idea of missing all the fireworks but they aren't concealing a truth and then saying something different. There are a half dozen views by very prominent scholars that you or I could not hold a candle to: John MacArthur, Chuck Swindoll, Chuck Smith, Greg Laurie to mention a few great preachers are Pre-Trib. I'm not myself, but neither am I Post-Trib. No need to get huffy with name calling. So what if someone disagrees? Although it seems like many are competing for the premium view. We should all relax and the right view will be revealed ... by me! lol Just messing.

I actually agree with most of your post except Rev.11:12 is not a rapture verse, it is referring to the two witnesses that were killed by Antichrist, lied in the street for 3 1/2 days then came to life and ascended. Unless you interpret these witnesses as the church? That's a stretch.

Satan's wrath comes FIRST, then God's wrath at the LAST DAY. Namely the last HOUR!
This last day is not necessarily a 24-hour day. The wrath lasts for more than ONE DAY! The bowls are released, but then suffering and destruction is accumulative and carried out over some time, including the finale battle in Armaggedon. So the Post-Trib is gots some weaknesses as well.

Matthew 24:22
And except those days should be SHORTENED ...
You proved my point in this verse, where the wrath goes on for more than one day.

Revelation 12:6
And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they shall feed her
there a THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED and THREESCORE DAYS.
Revelation 12:14
And to the women were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness,
into her place, where she is nourished for a TIME, and TIMES, and HALF a TIME,
from the face of the serpent.
The woman is Israel, the 144,000 converted Jews are protected. I would also suggest there are more than that since it does say male virgins. Female virgins would have to be sealed as well to re-populate the earth during the Millennial Kingdom.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But what do you make of Chapter 12, for example? Is that in the future, or the past? What is it about? Let's see how your biblical symbolism behaves here in particular.
it's about many things...
it's a literal star sign that has specific meaning.
it covers a vast amount of time,
imo even from before the foundations of this world.

but Israel gives birth to Messiah,
there is war in heaven....
Satan is cast down to earth for a short time and persecutes Christians

Now, the following is your reply to my 2nd point.
This is not about how well one group or other group understands their bibles. I'm not arguing that futurists as a group might not have 'wisdom' to understand Revelation, or have some character flaw like laziness or lack of diligence or something. It's not character at all.

Problems with Futurism.
1: Revelation becomes irrelevant and incomprehensible for the majority of Christians. The most serious side effect of unthinking futurism is that the book of Revelation then becomes utterly irrelevant for the vast majority of Christian history. If only our generation has the world order and political situation through which to finally understand this otherwise mysterious book, then what good has it been for the church for the last 2000 years? Futurists would turn today's geo-politics into the lens through which we are to understand the bible. That's just so upside down and back to front one hardly knows where to begin conversing with these people!
the "vast majority of Christians" that have lived, are living NOW.
there are more Christians alive today than through out all history before this generation.

i really think certain people were chosen by God to go through this particular "future" end time,
both the good and the bad guys.

Futurism as a general hermeneutic to Revelation makes the majority of the book utterly inaccessible and incomprehensible and no plain good to anyone prior to the generation that finally has the right set of geopolitics and newspaper headlines to 'get' it.
actually, imo Daniel teaches just that.

In other words, my concern is not just that the book is not *about* any generation prior to ours, but that it is utterly mysterious and bewildering to any generation prior to ours. According to most futurists I read, the headlines just do not 'fit' the bible until *their* particular blend of headlines and geopolitics is finally applied to Revelation. Only *they* have the right lens. Only *they* understand. Only *they* can wriggle today's political landscape into the symbols in Revelation and finally get some *meaning* out of it.
but you could say the same about any biblcial subject.
how was the time relevant for those awaiting the 69, or 62 weeks prophesy in Daniel?
"most" believers were hundreds of years removed from the Messiah's first Coming.

i mean, there is an end, and we all can't be here for it.

In that case, what has been the *point* of the book for 2000 years? I thought Revelation was the unsealing of Daniel's prophetic vision. I thought it was meant to explain stuff. I thought it was an unveiling of mysteries, not a recasting of it all into doubt and uncertainty and endless, endless speculation! Futurism doesn't unveil anything, but ironically seals it all up again inside a false hermeneutic and set of presuppositions that actually *rob* the book of all its meaning.
i disagree. you could say the same for every prophetic work in the Bible....
that it is not relevant for anyone that lives apart from that time.

Not only that, but it's *dangerous*. How many cults have been kick-started by reading Revelation as applying to our times? It's not just JW's, Mormons, Jonestown, Waco Texas Branch Davidians, and all the big ones that concern me. It's the countless time and energy wasted wondering how it all fits together. It's the sense of bewilderment so many feel in the face of so many competing views. It's the fact that there is a sense that none of it applies to *me* until blah blah blah happens. Futurism as a hermeneutic robs Christians of one of the most gospel orientated and comforting and *practical* books in the bible.
again, the bible is full of prophesy, some having to do with the end.

2: Revelation becomes PATRONISING & NASTY to today's suffering Christians.
Futurists deny that John was writing to *his* generation about things that are about to happen "soon" for "The time is near" (See Chapter 1). Instead, they rip it out of the Roman context and stick the book down somewhere 2000 years later!
soon and hear after...you always forget that part.

Instead comforting Christians suffering under the Romans back then, it rubs their noses in it and proclaims, "You think YOU'VE got it bad! Just wait till you see how bad they have it in this thing we call the TRIBULATION!" Insisting the TRIBULATION is actually in the far future makes a mockery of all those who have already suffered unspeakable loss for His name.
how so? that is a silly statement.
folks can be martyred or suffer terrible loss for Him, without it being the tribulation.

Try telling Richard Wurmbrant that he didn't live through a 'tribulation'. Try telling Christian parents who watched their kids get butchered in former Communist and Muslim countries. Try telling someone who watched their family get buried alive in Africa, and had to watch their children begging for their lives as they choked up dirt in their last breaths.
tribulation has always existed for Christians. i certainly do not say otherwise.
but Mat 24 specifically tells us that it will be a time worse than any other in history....
ever.

The futurist declares that Revelation's got nothing for them now. It's a boring timetable about the FUTURE, and how those poor Christians are going to suffer EVEN MORE! (Or get miraculously raptured away... which would make me ask why I had to go through it and they didn't!)
It's the constant projection of one, terrible, all consuming tribulation in the future when we should be more concerned about helping our brothers and sisters who are being persecuted *right now*.
21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
3: Revelation fails to reinterpret the Messiah Christologically!
The Reformation Theologians and great Reformed Calvinist thinkers of today are Amil. They read the obvious biblical symbolism in Revelation and see a theological sermon, not a future timetable. This sermon covers a lot of ground, but much of it is Christological and helps the early Jews understand who the Messiah really was as the suffering Servant king, and how that all works with fulfilling the LONG TERM security of God's spiritual people. Jewish Christians were often confused about why Jesus was taking so long to kick out the Romans. The fact that God's Kingdom was now 'not of this world' often escaped them. Revelation explains all this.

Futurists would strip this sermon of it's power and turn it into a boring, arbitrary, lifeless timetable. To which I reply, eeerrh? So what? Especially if it's not going to happen in my lifetime?
maybe it will.
live as if it will.

So, other than tossing around a bunch of Scriptures that also confirm a Reformed Amil approach, they are the top 3 reasons I'm not a futurist!

Instead, Revelation describes the imminent Roman persecution of Christians with a lot of symbolic writing and Old Testament metaphors thrown in. But it does so generally, so that any 'particular' event that *might* be described is not just for Christians under Rome, but for all Christians across all time who might be persecuted. Just as the problems Paul addresses in the congregation at Corinth are not *exclusively* for Corinth, so too the challenges in Revelation were not just for the Roman Christians.
so, likewise, by that logic, it could be about the future persecution,
and anyone from history can draw from that...
after all, you and i were not persecuted by rome.
what's good for the goose is good for the gandar(gander?)

I'm partly Partial-Preterist but mainly Symbolist. That is, rather than try to get a Phd in Roman History to 'really' understand Revelation better, I think Revelation is clearer than that. It's self-explanatory if read in the context of the whole bible. It describes our danger from political persecution, worldly philosophies, the pleasures of wealth and even from God's judgement against this world in natural disasters. However, God's people are ultimately safe, and God is judging this world right now even as we wait for the FINAL judgement. God is in control, even when bad things happen. So trust Him! John said it was about things that were going to happen SOON, in his generation, and that the TIME WAS NEAR!
a day to God is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day.

That's the message, in a nutshell. So it has plenty to say to Christians in ALL situations and ages and circumstances, even us in the filthy rich west. In vivid picture language, it warns us not to trust in money or worldly security. It warns us natural disasters can pluck us or our loved ones out of history and into eternity at ANY moment; but that ultimately, we are eternally secure.

I find it a disturbing book precisely because it doesn't describe some future timetable, but instead offers a general description of life anywhere, any time. These things could happen to me and to my family; and God would not have broken any promises to me! He warned me. In his love, God wrote this letter to warn me that we live in desperate times. We really do live in the Last Days, and have done since Peter declared it to be the Last Day's when the Holy Spirit first came on the church 2000 years ago. (Acts 2).
i agree it's the last days. but the same way you think it is about the past, and how we can draw from it,
conversly, the possibility exists that it is about the future
and all Christians, since it was penned, can read it and draw from it

You're using your presupposition that it is a timetable to justify reading it as a timetable!
and so are you, thinking it is not a timetable, and reading it as such.

You're using your assumption that some of Revelation describes the events around the Lord's return to justify reading the whole BOOK as a set of future events.
i don't think i have ever said that.
i believe it is about John's day and beyond, including the "timetable".
however, my "timetable" is prob. different than most you converse with.
plus, i don't think these are generalizations that can apply to anyone of any time,
but rather specifics.

But what if instead of describing a particular time, it is describing a particular truth? What if, instead of filling our lives with boring details about who is fighting who and which country is at war with which country, which almost seems irrelevant to me, it is actually describing not events but timeless truths about human folly and Satanic worldviews and worldly philosophies and deception and the struggle of God's people to remain faithful to God because He is certainly going to remain faithful to us!?
"country"?

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
These Christians brothers aren't lying. They just view and interpret scriptures differently. They may have been led to believe this and are comfortable with the idea of missing all the fireworks but they aren't concealing a truth and then saying something different. There are a half dozen views by very prominent scholars that you or I could not hold a candle to: John MacArthur, Chuck Swindoll, Chuck Smith, Greg Laurie to mention a few great preachers are Pre-Trib. I'm not myself, but neither am I Post-Trib. No need to get huffy with name calling. So what if someone disagrees? Although it seems like many are competing for the premium view. We should all relax and the right view will be revealed ... by me! lol Just messing.

I actually agree with most of your post except Rev.11:12 is not a rapture verse, it is referring to the two witnesses that were killed by Antichrist, lied in the street for 3 1/2 days then came to life and ascended. Unless you interpret these witnesses as the church? That's a stretch.
God uses the word candlesticks in Rev1, and defines it as chruches.
then He uses the word only one other time in the bible, after defining it.

Rev1:12And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
v
20The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

in Rev2-3, two of the seven churches/candlesticks share the same doctrine and are not chastized by Christ.
Smyrna and Philadelphia

Rev11:3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

mind you, imo the ones killed are the two olive trees, not the two candlesticks.
see Zec4
however, the candlesticks are the churches.

This last day is not necessarily a 24-hour day. The wrath lasts for more than ONE DAY! The bowls are released, but then suffering and destruction is accumulative and carried out over some time, including the finale battle in Armaggedon. So the Post-Trib is gots some weaknesses as well.
perhaps it is only the end of Armageddon that is considered a bowl of wrath.
not necc. the days/weeks/months leading up to it.

You proved my point in this verse, where the wrath goes on for more than one day.
the wrath goes on for 1000 years imo...
but cannot begin until after Babylon falls, Rev18
and after Christ returns, as per Rev19....
He's got the wrath of almighty God with Him in Rev19

The woman is Israel, the 144,000 converted Jews are protected.
\converted jews? lol.
a. no converts, as the 14410000 are sealed BEFORE the 4 winds blow the trib, not after.
b. they are not "jews"...they are of Israel...huge difference.
c. each and every time the word "saint" is used in the NT it refers to us Christians...every single time.
why change it in Rev13?
I would also suggest there are more than that since it does say male virgins.
it does not say "male" at all.
they are spiritually pure Christians,
staying faithfull to Christ in the temptation hour,
faithfull so as to marry Him
when the other Christisna goes astray/apostate and worships the false Christ instead.

Female virgins would have to be sealed as well to re-populate the earth during the Millennial Kingdom.
no flesh after Christ Comes. 1Cor15
Isa millennial mentionings have hebraisms, metaphore, symbolism and bad english translation in them.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
continued from last post ...

FIB#4
Falling is the action of being RAISED up in Christ don't you know.
Right, and I have some swamp land to sell you.

At least go a little further on this one. The falling away happens during the Great Tribulation, while we are still here and God is testing our faith. Many will lose it in extreme distress. We've seen people commit suicide just because they lost their jobs. Many will lose their jobs in an almost total collapse economically -- though people will still be buying and selling with the mark of the Beast. The point is, those lukewarm Christians who have not really cared for their faith, will fall away when the going gets tough!
Revelation 15:1
And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues;
for in them is filled up the WRATH of God.
See that? The Wrath of God is AFTER the tribulation.
Right, do you see it though? We are taken out at the last (7th Trumpet) AT WHICH TIME THE BOWLS ARE RELEASED AND CONTINUE FOR MORE THAN ONE HOUR OR ONE DAY. It is clear in scripture that "in one hour" massive destruction occurs on the planet.(Rev.18:17) I would have to say that is the Great worldwide Earthquake which levels all buildings, etc. But some are still left after that and they continue to suffer other plagues, fire, brimstone, hailstones, foul loathsome sores, bloody seas and the battle of Armeggedon. ALL THIS IN ONE DAY --NOPE!
It's not clear how long the wrath will be extended after the 1260 days.
But if Dan.12:12 pertains to the Great Tribulation period then it will be 75 days. "How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days!") So, who is left after the Rapture on earth ... after God destroys all the wicked ... the Messianic Jews sealed and protected -- these are saints in Christ who had to be tested throughout this period and blessed are they who made it through.
Example of what "after" means: During WWII before the USA got involved, much destruction occurred. You could say, after the tribulation of those days came Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The scripture is just saying after the first segment (trumpets), the Lord returns and then releases His wrath. So the Pre-Tribbers will be pleased that we are taken out of the worst part and so will the Post-Tribbers for missing the wrath... but I'm not going to get huffy and rude about it ... well maybe a little sarcasm. But listen, God knew that this would happen, He purposely sealed things, did not put events in chronological order so we could clearly understand. I think He wanted it to be an uncertain mystery where every Christian throughout the Church Age might expect His return at any time, as many generations have.

FIB#9
Hack, cough, spitoowie!
The righteous shall NEVER be removed: but the wicked shall NOT inherit the earth.
See that? also, .... Does Jesus get his prayers answered? Really?
I know his prayers get answered.
I pray NOT that thou shouldest take then OUT of the world, BUT that thou shouldest KEEP them from the evil.
These verses aren't applicable. Prov. 10:30 refers to Jews being removed from the land and during the GT, they aren't. John 17:15 Jesus is referring to the disciples not to be taken out of the world but keep them from the evil one ... until their work is done! The work for all evangelist will be done at the sound of the last trumpet.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

eclipsenow said in post #313:

It's interesting how you justify yourself. It's literally about the future because it's all (according to your presuppositions before you even get to the passage) detailed literal future events that happen "hereafter".

It hasn't been said that it's all literal.

Also, it's rational to assume that the future (i.e. "things which must be hereafter" Rev. 4:1), highly-detailed, almost entirely literal, and chronological events of Rev. chs. 6-22 have never been fulfilled, when no history book shows them being fulfilled.

If you feel they've been fulfilled, simply quote the historical sources which prove that to be the case.

Just as the glorious return of Jesus in Rev. 19:7-20:3 has never been fulfilled, but will be fulfilled almost entirely literally in our future, so the highly-detailed and chronological events of the preceding tribulation in Rev. chs. 6-18 have never been fulfilled, but will be fulfilled almost entirely literally in our future. Also, the millennium will be literal, and will begin after Jesus' 2nd coming (Rev. 19:7-20:6, Zech. 14:3-21), when he'll reign on the earth with the physically resurrected church for 1,000 years (Rev. 20:4-6, 5:10, 2:26-29, Ps. 2, 66:3-4). Also, Rev. chs. 6-22 aren't a general statement, but are detailed events, for there are so many of them, they're so varied, & they're chronological, & so long. To reduce all of them to a general description of life renders all their myriad, specific & amazing details utterly useless. It's like throwing Rev. chs. 6-22 into the trash, just to be done with them.

But there's one problem with your detailed literal events after the "hereafter". They include Jesus having 7 horns and 7 eyes and a sword tongue!

Re: Rev. 5:6, parts of it are literal (the throne of God in heaven, the 4 beasts, the 24 elders, Jesus having been slain, the 7 Spirits of God, the earth) and parts of Rev. 5:6 are symbolic (Jesus being a Lamb, Jesus having 7 horns, Jesus having 7 eyes).

Also, what verse in Rev. refers to a sword "tongue"?

Rev. 19:15,21's sword could be a literal, spiritual sword, like the literal, spiritual sword in Gen. 3:24.

Also, how does Rev. 5:6 or Rev. 19:15,21 present a "problem" for what's been presented?

No wonder you want to jump to Chapter 6, where you take the 'literal' reading of Revelation and do anything but read it literally!

When referring to the future trib on the earth, jumping to ch. 6 makes sense, for chs. 4-5 will occur only in heaven; they won't be seen by anyone on the earth.

Also, how do you feel a particular verse in Rev. chs. 6-22 has been claimed to be literal, yet then not read literally?

Androids indeed!

The original Greek word (eikon, G1504) translated as the "image" of the beast (Revelation 13:15) means something that's made in the likeness of something else, such as the image of a man engraved on a coin (Luke 20:24). So an android made in the likeness of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) could be referred to in the Greek as being an eikon of the Antichrist.

The Antichrist's False Prophet (Rev. 13:11-16, 19:20) will cause it to be made, possibly after the Antichrist receives a terrible head wound (Rev. 13:3,14b) which could leave his facial and bodily appearance permanently marred, and which could render him unable to speak clearly (like someone after a bad stroke), so that the Antichrist won't want to appear or speak in public again. Did you ever see that movie "Dave"? It had a President who was in a coma, so his handlers found a regular guy who looked exactly like the President, and had him be a public stand-in for the President. He was able to speak just like the President did. It could be like that with the image of the Antichrist; it could be the Antichrist's "Dave", his double, that appears and speaks (Rev. 13:15) before the world instead of his wounded self. But instead of letting people think that the android image of the Antichrist is the Antichrist himself, the False Prophet could tell people from the beginning that the image is a separate entity than the Antichrist himself, but one who still fully represents the Antichrist.

In Rev. 13:15, the original Greek word translated as "life" or "breath" (pneuma, G4151) can mean "spirit" in the sense of consciousness (1 Cor. 2:11a, Lk. 1:47), so that the android could appear to have a spirit, to have consciousness. The way this could be achieved would be through the android having wireless connections to huge banks of supercomputers running advanced artificial intelligence software. The False Prophet could claim that the consciousness of the Antichrist himself dwells within the android by means of neural networks imprinted with the brain patterns of the Antichrist. But this could be a lie, in that the android won't actually have the Antichrist's consciousness, or any true consciousness, but will only appear to have consciousness. It could pass even the most stringent Turing Test, a test whereby one speaks with a computer and can't tell whether it has consciousness or not, because all its answers are the same as if it had consciousness.

BTW, horns, eyes, and sword tongues are not literal, but are profound biblical symbols with rich theological meanings, and would have been immediately recognisable to a first century Jew utterly familiar with their Old Testament.

What OT verses are you referring to?

E.g., Zech. 3:9 for the 7 eyes?

Zechariah 6:11-12 and Zechariah 3:8-10 meant by type that the Christ would be a high priest (Hebrews 6:20) named "Joshua"/"Jesus" ("Jesus" is the Greek form of the Hebrew name "Joshua"). "The Branch" (Zechariah 6:12, Zechariah 3:8) is a title of the Christ (Isaiah 4:2-6, Jeremiah 33:14-17). And where it says "upon one stone shall be seven eyes" (Zechariah 3:9), this too is fulfilled by Jesus, the stone (1 Peter 2:7), who is at one point symbolically shown as having seven "eyes" (Revelation 5:6). "I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day" (Zechariah 3:9) will be fulfilled by Jesus at his second coming (Isaiah 4:4-6). And Zechariah 3:10 refers to the time of the millennium (Micah 4:4), when the returned Jesus will be ruling the earth from the earthly Jerusalem (Micah 4:1-4).

Re: Jesus' 7 "horns" in Rev. 5:6, they could represent him holding 7 positions of power at the same time (cf. Jesus wearing many crowns at the same time in Rev. 19:12).

Also, again, what verse in Rev. refers to a sword "tongue"?

But you want to make the vast majority of this book utterly incomprehensible to all Christians throughout history . . .

Not at all, for Rev. has always been an unsealed book (Rev. 22:10), meaning that it shouldn't be difficult for Christians (of any generation) to understand it if they simply read it as it's written: chronologically and almost entirely literally. The few parts of it that are symbolic are almost always explained afterward (e.g. Rev. 1:20, 17:9-12), and the few symbols in Rev. that aren't explained afterward (e.g. Rev. 13:2) are usually explained elsewhere in the Bible (e.g. Dan. 7:4-7,17).

Symbolists look to the greater biblical context of the whole bible for the theological meaning of Revelation.

Please indicate how you feel each detail in Rev. chs. 6-22 is a theological symbol explained elsewhere in the Bible.

Not today's newspaper . . .

Futurism looks at today's news re: geopolitics and technology in order to help believers consider different ways for how the never-fulfilled, yet still understandable, and almost entirely literal, highly-detailed prophecies in Rev. chs. 6-18 might be fulfilled in our future.

To understand this we need to know who this woman is. She has the sun, the moon, and the stars. Check out Genesis 37:9, Joseph's dream.

Rev. 12's "woman" represents the church (which is Israel: Rev. 21:9,12). She's clothed with the sun (Rev. 12:1) of righteousness (Mal. 4:2) through her faith in Jesus (Rom. 3:22), just as later we see the church clothed with righteousness (Rev. 19:8). The moon under her feet (Rev. 12:1) represents Satan under her feet (Rom. 16:20) as she overcomes him spiritually by her faith in Jesus (Rev. 12:11). The crown of 12 stars on her head (Rev. 12:1) represents the 12 apostles (Mt. 10:2-4, Acts 1:16-26) who've been placed over the church (1 Cor. 12:28). Her giving birth to the "man child" and its being caught up to the throne of God (Rev. 12:5) immediately before she flees into the wilderness (Rev. 12:6) represents the future, mid-tribulation catching up of the 144,000 male-virgins part of the church in their mortal bodies to the throne of God in heaven (Rev. 14:1,4-5, TR) (like Enoch and Elijah were caught up in their mortal bodies to heaven: Heb. 11:5, 2 Kin. 2:11).

Her fleeing into and remaining in a protected place in the wilderness for a literal 3.5 years (Rev. 12:6,14) represents those in the church on the earth who will flee into and remain in divinely-protected wilderness places on the earth during the Antichrist's (the AC's) future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Rev. 13:5-18). The remnant of her seed (Rev. 12:17) represents those in the church on the earth during that time who won't flee into wilderness places, but will remain in the cities, and will be persecuted in every nation, imprisoned, and beheaded by the AC (Rev. 13:7-10, 14:12-13, 20:4-6, Mt. 24:9-13).

Also, regarding Revelation 12:1, it should be emphasized that Genesis 37:9-10 isn't being referred to there, because in Revelation 12:1, the church/Israel isn't clothed with the man Jacob (cf. Genesis 37:9-10), but with the sun of righteousness (Malachi 4:2), through her faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 3:22), just as later we see the church/Israel clothed with righteousness (Revelation 19:8, cf. also Revelation 21:2,9,12). Also, the church/Israel doesn't have the woman Rachel under her feet (cf. Genesis 37:9-10), but Satan (Romans 16:20), as the church/Israel overcomes him spiritually by her faith in Jesus (Revelation 12:11). Also, the church/Israel doesn't have the twelve sons of Jacob placed over her (cf. Genesis 37:9-10), but the twelve apostles (1 Corinthians 12:28, Matthew 10:2, Acts 1:26), each one of whom is over one of her twelve tribes (Matthew 19:28, Luke 22:30).

Psalm 2 also hopes in this child... the Lord Jesus.

Rev. 12:5's "man child" isn't Jesus, for Rev. 12:5 isn't about past things, but is part of the "things which must be hereafter" (Rev. 4:1b). Rev. chs. 11-14 show from 4 different angles what will happen right before the start and during the same future, literal 3.5-years of the worldwide reign of the Antichrist (Rev. 11:2b-3, 12:6,14, 13:5-8, 14:9-13), which will be during the latter half of the future tribulation of Rev. chs. 6-18/Mt. 24. Regarding "who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron" (Rev. 12:5), along with Jesus (Rev. 19:15, Ps. 2:9) the whole obedient church will rule the nations with a rod of iron (Rev. 2:26-29), on the earth (Rev. 5:10) during the coming millennium (Rev. 20:4-6). Before the millennium, during the trib, at its midpoint, the 144,000 male-virgins part of the church will be caught up bodily to the throne of God in heaven (Rev. 14:1,4-5, TR) as the "man child" (Rev. 12:5-6), and as the firstfruits of the church (Rev. 14:4), in the sense of its best part (cf. Num. 18:12).

Which brings us to a bit of Biblical Theology about the land promises . . .

As was pointed out in a prior post, if even those who are "strangers" in Israel can inherit the land of Israel (Ezek. 47:21-23), then certainly believing Gentiles, who are "no more strangers" to Israel (Eph. 2:12,19), will inherit the land (during the coming millennium of Rev. 20:4-6), and the other promises given to Israel (Eph. 2:12,19, 3:6, Gal. 3:29, Gen. 12:7).

God still has regard for the land of Israel, and Jerusalem especially (Isa. 62:6-7, Ps. 122:6). Even during the future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign of the Antichrist (Rev. 13:5-18), Jerusalem will still be considered by God to be the holy city (Rev. 11:2, Lk. 21:24), the holy mountain (Dan. 11:45, 9:16). And after the tribulation, at Jesus' 2nd coming, it will be to the Mount of Olives just east of the walled Old City of Jerusalem that Jesus will descend (Zech. 14:4-21, Acts 1:11-12), and then Jesus will rule the whole earth from the earthly Jerusalem during the millennium (Mic. 4:1-4, Zech. 14:8-11,16-21, Rev. 20:4-6).

It's a metaphor for our ongoing quest towards the ultimate 'rest' or 'land' in heaven.

Presently the kingdom of God is in heaven (2 Tim. 4:18, Heb. 12:22-24), and is on the earth spiritually within Christians (Rom. 14:17, Lk. 17:21). In the future, the kingdom will come fully upon the earth as it is in heaven (Mt. 6:10). It will be physically (Lk. 22:30, Mt. 19:28) on the earth (Rev. 5:10), first during the millennium (Rev. 20:4-6, 2:26-29) and then on the new earth (Rev. 21:1-8).

As was pointed out in a prior post, Jesus' kingdom is Israel (Jn. 1:49, 12:13-15, 19:19, Lk. 22:30). That's why at his 2nd coming, he will sit on the earthly throne of David (Lk. 1:32, Isa. 9:7) and restore the kingdom to Israel (Acts 1:6-7, 3:20-21). Jesus is, in his humanity, the son of David (Mt. 1:1, 21:15-16, Rom. 1:3), of the house of David (Lk. 1:69). So at Jesus' 2nd coming, he will restore the tabernacle, the house, of David (Isa. 16:5, Amos 9:11), to its royal glory (2 Sam. 5:12), which it had lost (2 Kin. 17:21a), and fulfill the prophecy and prayer of 2 Sam. 7:16-29. And Jesus will also bring salvation to all the unbelieving elect Jews of the house of David, for they (along with all other unbelieving elect Jews) will come into faith in Jesus when they see him at his 2nd coming (Zech. 12:10-14, 13:1,6, Rom. 11:26-31). And so they'll all become part of the church at that time, for there are no believers outside of the church (Eph. 4:4-6).

After Jesus' 2nd coming (Rev. 19:7-20:3) will occur the millennium (Rev. 20:4-6), during which, Gentile nations will come up to seek the returned Jesus ruling the whole earth (Zech. 8:22, 14:9, Ps. 72:8-11) upon the restored throne of David (Isa. 9:7) in the earthly Jerusalem (Isa. 2:1-4, Zech. 14:8-11,16-19). And the physically resurrected church will reign on the earth with him during the millennium (Rev. 20:4-6, 5:10, 2:26-29), for the church is Israel (Rev. 21:9,12, 1 Pet. 2:9-10).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

eclipsenow said in post #313:

Jesus says he is the temple which will be destroyed and raised in 3 days.

The ultimate temple will be the Trinity itself on the new earth in the literal city of New Jerusalem, which contains no temple building (Rev. 21:22). Jesus' individual human body is already a temple of God (Jn. 2:21), and at the time of his 1st coming, his body-temple co-existed with the 2nd temple building in Jerusalem, which was also indwelt by God at the same time (Mt. 23:21). And his body-temple also co-existed (and still co-exists today) with the literal temple building in heaven (Rev. 11:19). There's now also the church-as-a-whole figurative temple building (Eph. 2:21), and the myriad different temples of every Christian's individual human body (1 Cor. 6:19). There will also be a 3rd, earthly, literal temple building in Jerusalem during the future tribulation (Rev. 11:1-2, Mt. 24:15, Dan. 11:31,36, 2 Thes. 2:4), and also a 4th earthly, literal temple building in Jerusalem during the future millennium (Zech. 14:20-21), which won't begin until after Jesus' 2nd coming (Rev. 19:7-20:6, Zech. 14:3-21).

He explains the kingdom of God is not of this world.

See the "John 18:36" part of post #304.

Ephesians even says we are already seated in heaven!

Eph. 2:6 (like Heb. 12:22) can refer figuratively to salvation under the New Covenant (Gal. 4:24-26, Heb. 12:22,24).

The 1,260 days of Rev 11:2,3 are clearly the period between the Lord's ascension and his return.

The 1,260 days of Rev 11:2b-3 are literal days which will occur in the future, for neither the 3rd temple in Rev. 11:2a nor the 2 witnesses are here yet.

Rev. 11:1-2, Mt. 24:15, Dan. 11:31,36, and 2 Thes. 2:4 require that there will be a 3rd Jewish temple building in Jerusalem during the future tribulation. It will coexist with the church like the second Jewish temple did (Luke 24:53, Acts 22:17) and like the temple building in heaven does (Revelation 11:19). It could be built on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem by the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel after they clear the site by destroying the Muslim Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque.

Shortly after the ultra-Orthodox Jews complete the third temple, the Antichrist could attack and defeat them and a false Messiah leading them (Daniel 11:22). Then the Antichrist could "cut" a peace treaty with them and their false "Messiah" (Daniel 9:26a, Daniel 11:23a) permitting them to keep the temple and to continue to perform the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices in front of it for at least seven more years (Daniel 9:27a), so long as they give up the outer court of the temple (Revelation 11:2a) to the Muslims so that the Muslims can rebuild the Al Aqsa Mosque on the southern end of the Temple Mount and resume worship there. The ultra-Orthodox Jews could grudgingly agree to this, if the only other option is for them to lose the temple entirely. They could then build a huge wall between the temple and the southern part of the Temple Mount, in order to keep the temple from being defiled.

But then, only some 3.5 years after making the peace treaty, the Antichrist will break the treaty, attack the temple, stop the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices, place the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) in the holy place of the temple (Daniel 9:27b, Daniel 11:31, Matthew 24:15), and then sit himself in the temple and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). Thus could begin the Antichrist's literal 3.5-year Luciferian (Satanic) worldwide reign of terror (Revelation 13:4-18, 2 Thessalonians 2:9).

The 1,260 days of Rev 11:2,3 are clearly the period between the Lord's ascension and his return.

The two witnesses (Revelation 11:3-12) could be Moses and Elijah, for the two people seen "standing before the God of the earth" (Revelation 11:4) at the transfiguration were Moses and Elijah (Matthew 17:3). They could come down from heaven in their mortal bodies mid-tribulation, just as they came down from heaven in their mortal bodies at the transfiguration. Also, the plagues which will be caused by the two witnesses (Revelation 11:6,5) will match plagues caused by Moses and Elijah in their mortal bodies in the Old Testament (James 5:17, Exodus 7:20, 2 Kings 1:10-14). Elijah never died, but was taken alive in his mortal body into heaven (2 Kings 2:11b). And Michael the archangel retrieved the recently dead body of Moses from the devil (Jude 1:9). Michael could have then taken Moses' body into heaven, where it could have been resuscitated back to mortal life, like, for example, the recently dead body of Lazarus was resuscitated back to mortal life (John 12:1). This would explain how both Moses and Elijah could appear alive and well at the transfiguration (Matthew 17:3).

The two witnesses will bring their plagues upon the world during the future, literal 3.5 years (Revelation 11:2b-3) of the worldwide reign of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) (Revelation 13:5,7, Revelation 12:6). That's why the reign of the Antichrist will legally end (Revelation 11:15) right after the time of the two witnesses on the earth will end (Revelation 11:12-15). The plagues which the two witnesses will bring upon the earth (Revelation 11:6) will be part of the second woe/sixth trumpet of the tribulation (Revelation 11:14, Revelation 9:12-13). The two witnesses will be taken up into heaven before the seventh trumpet of the tribulation sounds (Revelation 11:12,15).

The 2 witnesses may not be witnesses in the sense of evangelizing the world (Acts 1:8), for the original Greek word (martus, G3144) translated as "witnesses" (Rev. 11:3) can also refer to those who witness against people and bring punishment against them (Acts 7:58). The reason there will be 2 witnesses (Rev. 11:3) who will bring awful plagues to torment the unrepentant world (Rev. 11:6,10b) would be because at least 2 witnesses are required to bring judgment against people (1 Tim. 5:19). At the same time, the 2 "witnesses" could also be called that because both of them will be martyred (Rev. 11:7-9), for the same Greek word translated as "witnesses" (Rev. 11:3) can also refer to "martyrs" (Rev. 17:6).

It's the gospel and how it works out under what must SOON take place . . .

Please indicate how you feel each detail in Rev. chs. 6-18 is the gospel.

Re: "what must SOON take place": (as was pointed out in a prior post) From the viewpoint of men, part of what Rev. chs. 2-3 foretold could have begun unfolding "shortly" (Rev. 1:1,3), for the letters to the 7 literal, 1st-century local church congregations (Rev. chs. 2-3) in 7 cities in the Roman province of "Asia" (Rev. 1:11b) could have foretold a 1st-century persecution (Rev. 2:10, 3:10) under the Roman Emperor Domitian which happened shortly after John saw his vision around 95 AD, near the end of Domitian's reign (Irenaeus, Against Heresies 5:30:3c). But even all the (to us) still-future events of the coming tribulation and the subsequent 2nd coming (Rev. chs. 6-19) will unfold "shortly" (Rev. 1:1,3) or "quickly" (Rev. 22:20) after John saw his vision. For from the viewpoint of God, even the passing of some 2,000 years is like the passing of only 2 days (2 Pet. 3:8). Christians should look at the future fulfillment of Rev. chs. 6-19 from the viewpoint of God, not men, for whom the passing of some 2,000 years seems like a long delay for its fulfillment (2 Pet. 3:9).

---

eclipsenow said in post #315:

. . . turning Revelation's 'giant locusts' into Hui helicopters.

What verse in Rev. refers to "giant" locusts?

Rev. 9's weird locust-like beings (verses 7-10), and the subsequent army of 200,000,000 weird horse-like beings (verses 16-19) could both be literal, and could both be initially seen by the world as "aliens" come from other star systems, when in fact they could have evolved or been created on this planet or on the planet Mars or Venus millions of years ago. The weird locust-like beings are currently living, or are in some state of extended hibernation, in the bottomless pit (Rev. 9:2-3,11), which may have a physical manifestation as a deep underground cavern. The top of this cavern could be deep under the city of Abadan (in Iran), just as the bottomless pit is under the angel Abaddon (Rev. 9:11). And because the weird horse-like beings will have to come from somewhere, and because it could be difficult to keep 200,000,000 of them hidden on the earth, they could currently be living, or be in some state of extended hibernation, in hidden underground bases somewhere away from the planet, such as on the far side of the Moon, and/or on Mars (they could even be a source of the mysterious methane emissions which have been detected in places emanating from beneath the Martian surface).

They represent famine and death.

Please indicate how you feel each detail re: the locust-like beings in Rev. 9:2-11 represents famine & death.

Also, how can the locust-like beings represent death when it's said at the time of the locust-like beings: "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them" (Revelation 9:6)?

And there's NOTHING, NOTHING at ALL, in the New Testament that lets us calculate when the Lord is going to return.

There could be. For Mt. 24:36,42,44 is referring to Jesus' 2nd coming (Mt. 24:37,42,44), which Jesus had just finished saying won't happen until immediately after the tribulation (Mt. 24:29-31). So in Mt. 24:42,44, Jesus could mean that only if believers don't watch (stay awake, spiritually) during the tribulation, the 2nd coming will happen at an hour they don't know/think not (cf. the if principle of Rev. 3:3b). In the immediate context of Mt. 24:42,44, Jesus suggests that it is possible for believers to know when the 2nd coming will occur and to watch for it (Mt. 24:43-44a, 1 Thes. 5:4). Also, Jesus says "of that day and hour knoweth no man" (Mt. 24:36), he doesn't say "of that day and hour no man will know". So it's possible that at some point in the future, some believers will come to know the date (as in the year, month, and day) of the 2nd coming before it happens. Also, if we mistakenly think Jesus can come today or tomorrow (as is sometimes claimed by the pre-trib and symbolicist views), then how can we also claim he'll come when nobody thinks he will (Mt 24:44)?

Also, compare the following: "of that day and hour knoweth no man" (Mt. 24:36), "the things of God knoweth no man" (1 Cor. 2:11). If we claim the 1st verse means no man will ever know the date of the 2nd coming until it happens, then to be consistent we would have to also claim the 2nd verse means no man, not even believers, can know the things of God until the 2nd coming happens. But who would say that? For the Spirit can currently reveal to believers the things of God (1 Cor. 2:12-13), he can currently guide believers into all truth and show them what will happen in the future (Jn. 16:13), including the date of the 2nd coming before it happens. For, again, Jesus suggests that it is possible for believers to know when the 2nd coming will occur and to watch for it (Mt. 24:43-44a, 1 Thes. 5:4).

Also, what Amos 3:7 says would include the 2nd coming: Surely God the Father won't send Jesus back without having first revealed to some believers the secret of the date of the 2nd coming. It could occur on the 1,335th day after the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) is set up in a 3rd Jewish temple (Dan. 12:11-12, Rev. 16:15, Dan. 11:31,36, Mt. 24:15).

The Lord might not return for 20,000 years!

Mt. 24:34 could forbid his return being that far in the future. For Mt. 24:34 could mean the temporal generation that saw the 1948 re-establishment of Israel (which could be symbolized by the rebudding of the fig tree: Mt. 24:32-34, Hos. 9:10, Joel 1:6-7, Lk. 13:6-9, Mt. 21:19,43) won't pass until the tribulation and 2nd coming are fulfilled. A temporal generation may not pass until 70 or 80 years (Ps. 90:10), or 120 years (Gen. 6:3).

This doesn't require that the 2nd coming will occur right before (like 1 year) before that generation will pass: i.e. 69, or 79, or 119 years after 1948; in 2017, 2027, or 2067. And if the tribulation which will immediately precede the 2nd coming (Mt. 24:29-31, 2 Thes. 2:1-8, Rev. 19:7-20:6) will last 7 years, the 1st year of the tribulation didn't have to be in 2011, and won't have to be in 2021, or 2061, but could be in a future year (e.g. 2020) earlier than 2021.

Mt. 24:34 could also include the meaning that the figurative, all-times generation of the elect (Lk. 16:8b, Col. 3:12, 1 Thes. 1:4) won't pass away from the earth during the tribulation, but that some of the elect will survive (Mt. 24:22) until the 2nd coming (1 Thes. 4:15-17, 1 Cor. 15:21-23,51-53) immediately after the tribulation (Mt. 24:29-31, 2 Thes. 2:1-8, Rev. 19:7-20:6).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Was watching a video exposing Pre-trib. They summed it up very nice in this little expose.
Top 10 Pre-trib Fibs
Fib #1
Jesus comes BEFORE the tribulation.
Scriptures exposes this lie easily.

FIB#2
The Rapture is with a Secret coming.
O, it IS, is it?

FIB#3

FIB#4

FIB#5

Yet, another scripture to debunk the fake Pre-trib lies.
Look at this.
Clearly post-Trib

Revelation 16:1
And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials
of the wrath of God upon the earth.

It does not stop here, they keep fibbing! Look at this shameful one!

FIB#6
The tribulation is a period of seven years.

Is that scriptural and true? NO!..proof...watch this.

FIB#7
The Church is not mentioned after Revelation 4, proving a Pre-trib Rapture.

O, really! Let us go to the scriptures daily to find out to see if these things are so, just like the Bereans.
O,O!Look at these scriptures that expose yet another fib.
O NO! There are MORE fibs! Look at this fiasco!

FIB#8
Jesus can come at any moment.

Wow! The brazenness of these Pre-tribbers is eye popping!
Let us always go to the scriptures to prove things.
So....
Why looky here!
Matthew 24:6
Mark 13:7
2 Thessalonians 2:3

Here is the biggest lie of them all.

FIB#9

Hack, cough, spitoowie!

FIB#10
Christians won't suffer any tribulation.

Matthew 13:21
Yet he hath not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when TRIBULATION or persecution ariseth
because of the word, by and by he is offended.
This verse says to the contrary.
John 16:33

Look at this puppy!
Acts 14:22
Pre-trib has not one verse to back up the faked up claim of a Pre-Tribulational rapture,
seeing that EVERY scripture on the subject is CLEARLY POST TRIB.
PeterAV
The words of man are not pure!
Run from the lies of Pre-trib rapture.
Isn't it a sin to tell a fib?

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

PeterAV said in post #1:

At the seventh / Last trumpet

Jesus' 2nd coming won't occur immediately after the sounding of the trib's 7th trumpet & the declaration of the replacement of the Antichrist's (the AC's) (the individual-man aspect of the beast's) future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Rev. 13:5-8, 12:6) with Jesus's reign (Rev. 11:15). For a "time" (Rev. 11:18) can last awhile (Rev. 12:14). (It's like if someone said "It's time this house gets sold"; this doesn't mean it will get sold immediately.) The only part of Rev. 11:18 that will happen immediately after the trib's 7th trumpet sounds is "thy wrath is come", for the plagues of the vials of God's wrath (Rev. 16), the trib's final stage, will come out of the heavenly temple opening of the 7th trumpet (Rev. 11:19, 15:5-16:1). So the trib's 7th trumpet (Rev. 11:15-19), even though it will be the last trumpet to sound during the trib, won't be the resurrection "last trump" of 1 Cor. 15:52. The resurrection "last trump" will sound after the entire trib of Rev. chs. 6-18/Mt. 24 is over, at Jesus' 2nd coming (Mt. 24:29-31), which won't occur until Rev. 19, and which is when the church will be resurrected (1 Cor. 15:21-23,51-54, 1 Thes. 4:15-16, Rev. 19:7-20:6).

Before the 2nd coming, the trib's final, Rev. 16 stage could last for 75 days. For Rev. 16's 1st vial could be poured out immediately after the 1,260 days of the AC's worldwide reign, which 1,260 days could begin at the setting up of the abomination of desolation (the AOD) (Mt. 24:15, Dan. 11:31,36), & Jesus could return on the 1,335th day after the setting up of the AOD (Dan. 12:12, Rev. 16:15). An analogy for the possible 75-day vials delay between Jesus taking legal possession of the earth (Rev. 11:15) & his return to take de facto, physical possession of it (Rev. chs. 19-20) would be someone in New York legally inheriting a house in California 75 days before he moves to California to live in that house.

At Jesus' return, he'll resurrect & judge only the church (1 Cor. 15:21-23, Ps. 50:3-5, cf. Mk. 13:27), & then he'll marry the obedient part of the church (Rev. 19:7-8, Mt. 25:1-12). Immediately after that, Rev. 19:11-21 will occur. So both the resurrection & the rewarding of the church spoken of in Rev. 11:18, as well as the destroying of the destroyers of the earth spoken of in Rev. 11:18, could occur 75 days after the 7th trumpet's sounding. And because a "time" can last awhile, this would still be well within the "time" referred to in Rev. 11:18. Everyone not resurrected & judged at Jesus' return won't be resurrected & judged until Rev. 20:11-15, which won't occur until sometime after the returned Jesus & the bodily resurrected church have reigned on the earth for 1,000 years (Rev. 20:4-6). Both resurrections & judgments can still occur within Rev. 11:18's "time", for the original Greek word (kairos, G2540) translated there as "time" can refer to even quite a long period. E.g., the same Greek word is used in 2 Cor. 6:2 to refer to the "time" of people getting saved, which has been going on for thousands of years.

Don't give me that faked up Revelation 4:1 spiritualized "Come up hither" as a pre-trib rapture . . .

Rev. 4:1 refers to only John, by himself, making an only-temporary visit up to the 3rd heaven at 1 point during his lifetime back in the 1st century AD, just as 2 Cor. 12:2 refers to only Paul, by himself, making an only-temporary visit up to the 3rd heaven at 1 point during his lifetime back in the 1st century AD. Neither verse refers to the future rapture of the church only as high as the clouds of the sky to hold a meeting in the air with Jesus at his 2nd coming (1 Thes. 4:15-17).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

PeterAV said in post #1:

FIB#3

See post #312.

FIB#4

2 Thes. 2:3's "falling away" (Greek: apostasia) is the apostasy, when some believers will depart from the faith in the latter times (1 Tim. 4:1), in connection with the revealing of the Antichrist (2 Thes. 2:3-4) and a worldwide persecution (Mt. 24:9-13) which will accompany his worldwide reign (Rev. 13:7-10). Believers who fall away/commit apostasy will ultimately lose their salvation (Heb. 6:4-8, Jn. 15:6, 2 Tim. 2:12).

The meanings of the Greek word apostasia, as well as the Greek word it's derived from, aphistemi, include non-physical departure. For Acts 21:21 employs apostasia to refer to Jewish Christians in the 1st century AD forsaking, or departing from, their former practice of the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law, and Lk. 8:13 employs aphistemi to refer to Christians falling away, or departing, from the faith. Also, at the rapture, the church won't physically depart from the earth (Jn. 17:15,20, Prov. 10:30), but will be caught up only as high as the clouds of the sky to hold a meeting in the air with Jesus at his 2nd coming (1 Thes. 4:15-17).

FIB#5
The Pre-Tribulationalist believes that the seven year "tribulation" is the WRATH of God.

Nothing requires the entire future tribulation of Rev. chs. 6-18 will be God's wrath, or that any part of the trib that will be God's wrath will be directed against any of the saved people (1 Thes. 5:9) who will be alive on the earth during that time (Mt. 24:9-13, Rev. 13:7-10, 14:12-13, 20:4). Most of the trib could be Satan's wrath working through evil men & natural forces to bring disaster upon the earth, like when Satan was allowed to work through evil men & natural forces to bring disaster upon righteous Job (Job 1:12-20), against whom God had no wrath. The trib's first 5 seals (Rev. 6:1-11) won't be God's wrath or judgment, for after the first 4 seals, the martyrs of the 5th seal ask God when he's going to bring his judgment against the world (Rev. 6:10). And the killing of even more martyrs, which the 5th seal foretells will happen sometime after the 5th seal (Rev. 6:11), won't be God's wrath against those martyrs. So Jesus unsealing the trib's seals (Rev. 6), the trib's 1st stage, doesn't mean the events unsealed will be God's wrath, but simply that they'll be permitted by God to happen at that time.

Even when God's wrath does come much later in the 7 vials (Rev. 16), the trib's final stage, because the church isn't appointed to God's wrath (1 Thes. 5:9), none of the vials will be directed at any of those in the church who will still be alive on the earth at that time, still waiting for Jesus' coming as a thief (Rev. 16:15). Instead, they'll go into protective chambers which they'll have built for themselves on the earth (Isa. 26:20), just as Noah & his family went into the protective ark which they'd built for themselves on the earth (Gen. 7:7). After the 7th vial is completed (Rev. 16:17,19, 19:2) Jesus will return (Mt. 24:29-30) & bring the 2nd-coming wrath of God upon the unsaved world (Rev. 19:15-21). But before that 2nd-coming wrath begins, the church will be caught up together/gathered together (raptured) (1 Thes. 4:17, 2 Thes. 2:1, Mt. 24:31) into the sky to hold a meeting in the air with the returned Jesus (1 Thes. 4:17).

Upvote 0
P

PeterAV

And they imagine that the word saints automatically means the church.
So you acknowledge you are not a saint? Romans 1:7 Saints = Christian believers, not unsaved satanic Jews. brethren = Christian believers, not unsaved satanic Jews. Romans 1;13
The church is saints and brethren. Do a simple word study if you know how.
Israel are unsaved and deserve hell just like any other human.
We all need the blood of Jesus applied to our hearts. Then we get protected just like the Israelites did. And we are the true Israel. Nationality has didly- squat for sainthood or childhood in Christ.
For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: do you believe the scriptures?
Neither because they are the seed of Abraham, are they ALL children: Don't believe this one either then, do you?
That is, They which are of the flesh, THESE ARE NOT the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
The bible is clear that only a remnant of all nations get saved, including Israel.
And only a remnant will enter the Millenium as well.
Lots of verses to this effect.
But facts are irrelevant to disinfo agents like yourself.
PeterAV

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So you acknowledge you are not a saint? Romans 1:7 Saints = Christian believers, not unsaved satanic Jews. brethren = Christian believers, not unsaved satanic Jews. Romans 1;13
The church is saints and brethren. Do a simple word study if you know how.
Israel are unsaved and deserve hell just like any other human.
We all need the blood of Jesus applied to our hearts. Then we get protected just like the Israelites did. And we are the true Israel. Nationality has didly- squat for sainthood or childhood in Christ.
For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: do you believe the scriptures?
Neither because they are the seed of Abraham, are they ALL children: Don't believe this one either then, do you?
That is, They which are of the flesh, THESE ARE NOT the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
The bible is clear that only a remnant of all nations get saved, including Israel.
And only a remnant will enter the Millenium as well.
Lots of verses to this effect.
But facts are irrelevant to disinfo agents like yourself.
PeterAV

SO, you have decided to resurrect an old thread, eh?

I most certainly did not acknowledge any such thing. But in the Bible you pretend to believe, the word "saints" is not only applied to the church, but to the faithful of Israel.

14 He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the LORD.
Psalm 148:14
12 Ephraim compasseth me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Judah yet ruleth with God, and is faithful with the saints.
Hosea 11:12

And the faithful remnant of Israel are not only called "saints," they are also called God's "elect."

4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
Isaiah 45:4
9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.
Isaiah 65:9

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well this is a pile of artificial issues!

But on elect vs. saints itself as an issue, for the Christian, that is all resolved in Christ anyway. It is not resolved in a normal genetic sense. A person is "in" Christ or not. None of those things have the same meaning in the NT that they used to in the OT. Trying to use the OT categories destroys the whole new construct of meaning that the NT has.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,264.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
SO, you have decided to resurrect an old thread, eh?

I most certainly did not acknowledge any such thing. But in the Bible you pretend to believe, the word "saints" is not only applied to the church, but to the faithful of Israel.

14 He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the LORD.
Psalm 148:14
12 Ephraim compasseth me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Judah yet ruleth with God, and is faithful with the saints.
Hosea 11:12

And the faithful remnant of Israel are not only called "saints," they are also called God's "elect."

4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
Isaiah 45:4
9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.
Isaiah 65:9

And the Hebrew for those words is? ;)
Remember, OT = Hebrew, NT = Greek.
OT = looking forward to the Messiah, the child that would save Israel.
NT = looking back to the death & resurrection of that Messiah.

OT = God's kingdom in geopolitical form, expressing types.
NT = God's kingdom breaking into this world in spiritual form through the church, in *any* political organisation or land or nation or tongue.

OT = Temple.
NT = Jesus the temple.

OT = sacrifice of animals
NT = Jesus the sacrifice.

OT = land
NT = heaven is our land (Hebrews)

OT = kingdom geopolitical
NT = kingdom global, whatever the local politics

OT = types
NT = fulfilment of those types.

The fulfilment is that anyone who is in the Kingdom of God is a Christian, whether ethnically Jew or Gentile. "There is neither male nor female, Jew or Greek but we are all one in Christ Jesus." We are heading towards our TRUE Kingdom, in heaven, but in the meantime, we express the Kingdom of God through Jesus' reign in our lives in eschatological tension.

Upvote 0