May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, a belief in eternal conscious torment is not unique to the Latin West. I don't think that too many folks on TAW would support apokatastasis as the article would understand it.

I get it. There does seem to be a few verses which hint at this idea, or might give us some hope in it. But the overall consensus of the Early Church is that not only is Hell real, but its torment is eternal.

Again, God does not torture us. We, in effect, torture ourselves with our hatred of God. That is Hell.

I would encourage you to read the diary of Saint Faustina.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As a Catholic you should pose these questions to your parish priest.

It seems the link calls into question ancient Catholic Church teachings.

A.) I am not Roman Catholic.

B.) My priest wouldn't understand. I would just get the same old boilerplate.

C.) I'm not interested in starting a ruckus with my priest.

D). This is a more open, thoughtful, and friendly place to toss about concepts.

E.) It calls into question teachings which started with Augustine and really got up a head of steam in the Medieval Church.

F.) Yes, I do therefore find myself seriously questioning certain teachings which are held dear in the Western Church.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Brother, a belief in eternal conscious torment is not unique to the Latin West. I don't think that too many folks on TAW would support apokatastasis as the article would understand it.

I get it. There does seem to be a few verses which hint at this idea, or might give us some hope in it. But the overall consensus of the Early Church is that not only is Hell real, but its torment is eternal.

Again, God does not torture us. We, in effect, torture ourselves with our hatred of God. That is Hell.

I would encourage you to read the diary of Saint Faustina.

I agree. Remember, even though my body is not in the Orthodox Church yet, I am thoroughly Orthodox in my doctrines. What you stated is Orthodox eschatology.

The real question is simply this: does God leave us in that state? I don't believe that love would do such a thing. Remember, love never fails.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't believe that love would do such a thing.

Trust me, I understand how you feel. It's hard to watch even the temporary suffering of someone who wronged me in the past. I wish it would stop, and can't imagine this going on for an eternity.

But do you think the "eternal" in eternal punishment (Matt. 25:46) is not literal but figurative? Then we are in trouble, because that would also mean "eternal life" is not literal.

God can be both just and loving. This is truly a mystery for our finite minds...

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would sincerely love to have answers to these questions:...
After a quick look-over, I can give you a short answer.

Those questions all presume an incorrect paradigm in their asking. And, further, demand that their answers be given in the same erroneous paradigm. Both the questions and their answers transcend the carnal understanding of the questioner.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
" Isaiah 55:9 NKJV

He would like for you to have the capacity for that dialog; for you to understand the terms of the questions and their answers, but it is necessary for you to enter into a relationship with Him, first, for that to begin happening.

Jesus said,
Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot [even] see the kingdom of God [or its terms].” John 3:3 NKJV [+additional context taken from the AMPC Bible]

Last edited:
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Answer to 10 questions. These are really the only ones I could directly answer with Scripture as the Basis of Truth.

I understand you personally did not write these 10 questions, but you believe in them enough to use them as plausible grounds for making a decision in your Walk with God.

1) Jas. 1:14
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Satan has nothing to do with it.....Why you might ask?

2) John 12:31
Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

The rest of these questions appear to be more of a rant from a man who is angry because, he feels as though he has been lied to by those he has trusted for who knows how many years. (The Roman Church)

This anger has festered until it is a hatred of God rather than the Roman Church.

From the sound of his writings, he does not understand anything about his own Salvation and is more concerned with Gods' ineptitude and injustice towards mankind.

Case in point of his knowledge of Scripture.

Hell is Not a place of eternal Punishment and Torment.

Rev. 20:14,15
14) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15) And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

I know it is a small distinction but it is a distinction worth noting, because God did when He told John what to write.

Rom. 11:33
O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

When it comes right down to it, we either believe and trust God or we don't, that is why what we believe is called Faith, there are many, many things we will never ever know, but then again were not God are we?

I hope some of these answers will help you and that others will fill in the blanks with more Scripture to answer the other questions, because anyone can just give advice.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
After a quick look-over, I can give you a short answer.

Those questions all presume an incorrect paradigm in their asking. And, further, demand that their answers be given in the same erroneous paradigm. Both the questions and their answers transcend the carnal understanding of the questioner.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
" Isaiah 55:9 NKJV

He would like for you to have the capacity for that dialog; for you to understand the terms of the questions and their answers, but it is necessary for you to enter into a relationship with Him, first, for that to begin happening.

Jesus said,
Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot [even] see the kingdom of God [or its terms].” John 3:3 NKJV [+additional context taken from the AMPC Bible]

Your assumption is wrong on two levels.

1. You bring out the same old tired response that I deal with all the time - "God's ways transcend ours and therefore we cannot understand fully what He is doing." The God who created language and words to mean certain things has communicated with us in the language which He created for us and which we understand. What you are saying in effect is that when God has said to us in the Bible "God IS love" it really means something entirely different from what we understand as love - i.e. self-sacrificial giving to the other which is done entirely in their best interests and doing what is good for them. This is what love means, this is the accepted definition of love, and this is the definition we find in the Bible in Matthew 5, 1 Corinthians 13, but most especially at the Cross where total self-sacrifice for the other (we poor sinners) was shown to us.

But in order to keep alive this horrendous idea, apologists for eternal hell will claim that to do such a thing to sinners is perfectly consistent with the actions of one who IS love and who can do nothing else than love because love is what He is. Do you see the inconsistency here? If God gives us language and understanding of words, then we should expect that He will act in accordance with those words. If He does not, then He is not Truth.

2. You assume I have had no personal interaction with Jesus Christ nor do I have a relationship with Him and you link me to the Four Spiritual Laws, which are pretty much a Protestant idea of what it means to be saved. They are perhaps, a good starting point, but there is much more to the relationship than just saying a prayer and thinking "Well, that's done and I can get on with my life now."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would sincerely love to have answers to these questions:

10 Questions

I am not a Catholic, but here are some asnwers:

1. If ECT is true, and the decisions we make in this life determine our final destiny, then why would God allow Satan to tempt, trick, and torment us… … without having an additional enemy who is immensely more clever than we to trick us into perdition?

I think Satan is just an excuse for people to make evil and bad things.

2. … How then is he allowed to prowl around and attack mankind, and for what possible purpose?

Please explain how is Satan attacking?

3. If God desires the salvation of all (1 Tim 2:4; 2 Peter 3:9) , then why would He allow the wicked one to enact warfare against us, knowing that if we fall, we damn ourselves forever.

I think the reason is that God wanted us to have freedom.

5. If truth is the sole criteria by which one inherits eternal life, then why would God allow a heretic a second breath after his first heretical pronouncement?

God is good and gives life for good and bad. It is really not a problem, because those who are God’s children, hear his voice and follow Him.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Your assumption is wrong on two levels.

1. You bring out the same old tired response that I deal with all the time - "God's ways transcend ours and therefore we cannot understand fully what He is doing." The God who created language and words to mean certain things has communicated with us in the language which He created for us and which we understand. What you are saying in effect is that when God has said to us in the Bible "God IS love" it really means something entirely different from what we understand as love - i.e. self-sacrificial giving to the other which is done entirely in their best interests and doing what is good for them. This is what love means, this is the accepted definition of love, and this is the definition we find in the Bible in Matthew 5, 1 Corinthians 13, but most especially at the Cross where total self-sacrifice for the other (we poor sinners) was shown to us.

But in order to keep alive this horrendous idea, apologists for eternal hell will claim that to do such a thing to sinners is perfectly consistent with the actions of one who IS love and who can do nothing else than love because love is what He is. Do you see the inconsistency here? If God gives us language and understanding of words, then we should expect that He will act in accordance with those words. If He does not, then He is not Truth.

2. You assume I have had no personal interaction with Jesus Christ nor do I have a relationship with Him and you link me to the Four Spiritual Laws, which are pretty much a Protestant idea of what it means to be saved. They are perhaps, a good starting point, but there is much more to the relationship than just saying a prayer and thinking "Well, that's done and I can get on with my life now."

The only thing I see in these questions, and in your use of them as a guide for your future movement, is that when someone sets themselves up as equal with God they then feel as though they are in a position where they are able to critique Gods' decisions, and criticize the implementation of those decisions.

There is nothing wrong with questioning Gods' actions, but for us to declare Gods' action as wrong, incompatible with what we think He should be, then we place ourselves as superior Him.

His ways are not your ways, that is why You were Created by Him and not the other way round.......this is what we as humans need to deal with and get over.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The only thing I see in these questions, and in your use of them as a guide for your future movement, is that when someone sets themselves up as equal with God they then feel as though they are in a position where they are able to critique Gods' decisions, and criticize the implementation of those decisions.

There is nothing wrong with questioning Gods' actions, but for us to declare Gods' action as wrong, incompatible with what we think He should be, then we place ourselves as superior Him.

His ways are not your ways, that is why You were Created by Him and not the other way round.......this is what we as humans need to deal with and get over.

It is not a question of setting myself up equal with God. It is about whether or not God speaks to us in our language. My contention is that He created language and our corresponding understanding of it. He is the source of morality and moral behavior. Therefore, my questions are based on the language which is used in 1 Timothy 2:4 in which it says that God's will is to save all people. Those who believe in ECT (eternal conscious torment) appear to be unwilling to look at the language of the Bible, God's revelation to us, and then look at the other things the Bible says, and see that there is a conflict there.

If 1 Timothy 2:4 is to be taken just as stated, i.e. that God's will (not His wish, or tearful unfulfilled desire, or hope) which no created being can overthrow or oppose, is that all be saved, then there is a contradiction there because to allow sinful creatures who have limited spiritual vision, inability to see truth, and are subject to the passions of sin, to be tempted to fall into sin and thus damn themselves, is working directly against the will of God.

I am not declaring God's actions wrong, I am saying that there is a serious conflict here that no one seems willing to address. These actions are in conflict with the express will of God as shown in 1 Timothy 2: 4 (and other verses as well). Therefore, either 1 Timothy 2:4 is not true and God really does not desire the salvation of all mankind, but only a favored very few called "The Elect of God" (Calvinism) or there is something else going on with temptation and being allowed to be confused that doesn't end up in eternal torment.

You cannot have this both ways.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am not a Catholic, but here are some asnwers:

1. If ECT is true, and the decisions we make in this life determine our final destiny, then why would God allow Satan to tempt, trick, and torment us… … without having an additional enemy who is immensely more clever than we to trick us into perdition?

I think Satan is just an excuse for people to make evil and bad things.

Not according to the Bible. According to the Bible, there is an evil spiritual being who tempts people to do wrong (that which God does not approve of). This spiritual being is recorded to even have tempted Jesus Himself.

Are you saying you are not tempted or that there is no such thing as evil spirits who tempt us to do wrong?

2. … How then is he allowed to prowl around and attack mankind, and for what possible purpose?
Please explain how is Satan attacking?

By any means he can - false doctrines, false teachings regarding Jesus and salvation, inducements to do drugs, inappropriate contentography, to be greedy and hoard money. The ways are as endless as the temptations to do evil

3. If God desires the salvation of all (1 Tim 2:4; 2 Peter 3:9) , then why would He allow the wicked one to enact warfare against us, knowing that if we fall, we damn ourselves forever.
I think the reason is that God wanted us to have freedom.

Really? Stop and think about what you just said. God wants us to have the freedom to damn ourselves forever. That's like a father watching his toddler stumble out into a busy street and say "Well, I want her to have freedom to follow her own will" That's not freedom. My "freedom" almost killed me back in the early part of my life when I was tricked into believing that sex, drugs, and rock n roll was "freedom." That's "freedom" that I didn't need.

5. If truth is the sole criteria by which one inherits eternal life, then why would God allow a heretic a second breath after his first heretical pronouncement?
God is good and gives life for good and bad. It is really not a problem, because those who are God’s children, hear his voice and follow Him.

So you are saying that it doesn't really matter that millions have not heard the voice of God and have fallen into destruction, pain, misery, and suffering. God has His sheep and only them (The Election of the Saints thingee) and the rest of us poor schmucks.....well, too bad for you. You were born at the wrong time or the wrong place or heard the wrong message. Better luck next time!

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It is not a question of setting myself up equal with God. It is about whether or not God speaks to us in our language. My contention is that He created language and our corresponding understanding of it. He is the source of morality and moral behavior. Therefore, my questions are based on the language which is used in 1 Timothy 2:4 in which it says that God's will is to save all people. Those who believe in ECT (eternal conscious torment) appear to be unwilling to look at the language of the Bible, God's revelation to us, and then look at the other things the Bible says, and see that there is a conflict there.

If 1 Timothy 2:4 is to be taken just as stated, i.e. that God's will (not His wish, or tearful unfulfilled desire, or hope) which no created being can overthrow or oppose, is that all be saved, then there is a contradiction there because to allow sinful creatures who have limited spiritual vision, inability to see truth, and are subject to the passions of sin, to be tempted to fall into sin and thus damn themselves, is working directly against the will of God.

I am not declaring God's actions wrong, I am saying that there is a serious conflict here that no one seems willing to address. These actions are in conflict with the express will of God as shown in 1 Timothy 2: 4 (and other verses as well). Therefore, either 1 Timothy 2:4 is not true and God really does not desire the salvation of all mankind, but only a favored very few called "The Elect of God" (Calvinism) or there is something else going on with temptation and being allowed to be confused that doesn't end up in eternal torment.

You cannot have this both ways.

Here is a question for you I just thought of concerning people going to Hell.

Are you aware, the Jewish People, as a Nation rejected Jesus Christ as their Messiah, and since He was Crucified, Salvation was taken away from them.

Therefore, for the last 2,000 years the Jews have kept living by the Jewish law as they did before Christ, on the Day of Atonement there is no Atonement for them, the Temple was destroyed in 70ad.

How many Jews would you suppose have been born, lived and died in that length of time?

Without a Sacrifice there is no remission of sin, they rejected the only viable Sacrifice Jesus, they all have died in their sins.

My first wife was Jewish, and a Christian, but everybody else in her family refused to hear anything about Jesus Grand parents from both sides, Father, Mother, two Brothers and numerous Uncles, Aunt's, Cousins and when she dies they Sat Shiva for her as though they were reclaiming her back into Judaism, because she had made a mistake in becoming a Christian and turning her back on Judaism.

They are all dead now except some cousins, and none of them except my Wife ever got Saved, where do you suppose they will be for eternity?

It grieved my Wife until the day she died that her whole family was going to Hell and they could not have cared less about it.

One day when we went to her Parents house her Father said, "When you come into MY house, you can leave your Jesus outside."

Her Grand Father said "You never heard Jesus Preaching Catholicism"
They didn't know what they believed, and they didn't follow what they claimed to be (Jews) they all ate Pork, Bacon, Ham, Lobster, Crab or anything else they desired, they only went to Temple Once a Year, but all of their sons had a Bar Mitzvah and the Girls had a Bat Mitzvah, because they were Jewish and it had to be done.

My point is, none of them wanted to ever hear about Jesus, they were taught to Reject Him form their Birth until their death, where in Eternity do they deserve to be,...... right along side those who have been Martyred for the Faith, or just the regular Christian of today, that received their Salvation?

Our God IS a Just and Loving God.

Your question
1 Tim. 2:4
Who (WILL) have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

If it is your belief, this word indicates Gods' Will on the matter, like when Jesus said "Not my will bur thing be done" it's a different type of will as seen below.

WILL:
G2309
θέλω, ἐθέλω
thelō ethelō
thel'-o, eth-el'-o
Either the first or the second form may be used. In certain tenses θελέω theleō thel-eh'-o (and ἐθέλέω etheleō eth-el-eh'-o) are used, which are otherwise obsolete; apparently strengthened from the alternate form of G138; to determine (as an active voice option from subjective impulse;

whereas G1014 properly denotes rather a passive voice acquiescence in objective considerations), that is, choose or prefer (literally or figuratively); by implication to wish, that is, be inclined to (sometimes adverbially gladly); impersonally for the future tense, to be about to; by Hebraism to delight in: - desire, be disposed (forward), intend, list, love, mean, please, have rather, (be) will (have, -ling, -ling [ly]).

WILL:
G1014
βούλομαι
boulomai
boo'-lom-ahee
Middle voice of a primary verb; to “will”, that is, (reflexively) be willing: - be disposed, minded, intend, list (be, of own) will (-ing). Compare G2309.

WILL:
G138
αἱρέομαι
aihreomai
hahee-reh'-om-ahee
Probably akin to G142; to take for oneself, that is, to prefer. Some of the forms are borrowed from a cognate (ἕλλομαι hellomai), which is otherwise obsolete: - choose. Some of the forms are borrowed from a cognate hellomai, hel-lom-ahee; which is otherwise obsolete.

G142
αἴρω
airō
ah'ee-ro
A primary verb; to lift; by implication to take up or away; figuratively to raise (the voice), keep in suspense (the mind); specifically to sail away (that is, weigh anchor); by Hebraism (compare [H5375]) to expiate sin: - away with, bear (up), carry, lift up, loose, make to doubt, put away, remove, take (away, up).

Your other verse.
2 Pet. 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not (WILLING) that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

WILLING:
G1014
βούλομαι
boulomai
boo'-lom-ahee
Middle voice of a primary verb; to “will”, that is, (reflexively) be willing: - be disposed, minded, intend, list (be, of own) will (-ing). Compare G2309.

There are also those who Jesus called the TARES who are the children of the Devil.

Mat 13:38-40
38) The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39) The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40) As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

So then, should these be in Heaven or Hell?

You see, we don't know the half of what God is doing or dealing with, we must trust in Him because, "
God IS Love!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Below are two of you statements. the first is what you belief, which is based upon what you have been taught.

My "freedom" almost killed me back in the early part of my life when I was tricked into believing that sex, drugs, and rock n roll was "freedom." That's "freedom" that I didn't need.

This second on is your very own personal knowledge as you lived it.

Not according to the Bible. According to the Bible, there is an evil spiritual being who tempts people to do wrong (that which God does not approve of). This spiritual being is recorded to even have tempted Jesus Himself.

Are you saying you are not tempted or that there is no such thing as evil spirits who tempt us to do wrong?

The following verse answers bot of your misunderstanding of how things actually are in this world.

Jas 1:13-15
13) Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

You see, we are not tempted by the Devil to sin, the sin resides in man himself.

Jesus came to destroy Sin and sin in the Flesh of man.

Rom. 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Ok, that is a good point. However, it is also said:

Let no man say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God," for God can't be tempted by evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each one is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed.
James 1:13-14

It is possible that Satan gives bad ideas, but the real problem is, if person desires wrong things. It is possible to speak so that wrong things begin to look desirable. In those cases, people are not in Satan’s hands. People still make their own decisions and are responsible of their own actions.

Really? Stop and think about what you just said. God wants us to have the freedom to damn ourselves forever. That's like a father watching his toddler stumble out into a busy street and say "Well, I want her to have freedom to follow her own will" That's not freedom. My "freedom" almost killed me back in the early part of my life when I was tricked into believing that sex, drugs, and rock n roll was "freedom." That's "freedom" that I didn't need.

I think we are not comparable to toddlers. And God has not left us alone, He has given us information how to live well. I think it is great thing that God gave us freedom. But obviously it would be good, If people use it wisely and for good.

So you are saying that it doesn't really matter that millions have not heard the voice of God and have fallen into destruction, pain, misery, and suffering. God has His sheep and only them (The Election of the Saints thingee) and the rest of us poor schmucks.....well, too bad for you. You were born at the wrong time or the wrong place or heard the wrong message. Better luck next time!

I believe all have possibility, but not all want to hear God. Bible tells eternal life is for righteous (Matt. 25:46), it is possible that person who has not heard of Jesus could still be counted righteous by this:

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without the law. As many as have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it isn't the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be justified (for when Gentiles who don't have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying with them, and their thoughts among themselves accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men, according to my gospel, by Jesus Christ.

Romans 2:12-16

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ok, that is a good point. However, it is also said:

Let no man say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God," for God can't be tempted by evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each one is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed.
James 1:13-14

It is possible that Satan gives bad ideas, but the real problem is, if person desires wrong things. It is possible to speak so that wrong things begin to look desirable. In those cases, people are not in Satan’s hands. People still make their own decisions and are responsible of their own actions.

I think we are not comparable to toddlers. And God has not left us alone, He has given us information how to live well. I think it is great thing that God gave us freedom. But obviously it would be good, If people use it wisely and for good.

I believe all have possibility, but not all want to hear God. Bible tells eternal life is for righteous (Matt. 25:46), it is possible that person who has not heard of Jesus could still be counted righteous by this:

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without the law. As many as have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it isn't the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be justified (for when Gentiles who don't have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying with them, and their thoughts among themselves accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men, according to my gospel, by Jesus Christ.

Romans 2:12-16

Good points. We are more in agreement than disagreement.

Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would sincerely love to have answers to these questions:

10 Questions
The bible is very clear that there is eternal torment for the wicked. They will have a conscious existence in the afterlife.

Mark 9:42-48
42 "And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck. 43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 where

"'their worm does not die,
and the fire is not quenched
.'

Matthew 8:11-13
11 "I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven; 12 but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Matthew 13:41-43
41 "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 "Then THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Matthew 13:49-50
49 "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, 50 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 22:13-14
"Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.' 14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

Matthew 24:48-51
48 "But if that evil slave says in his heart, 'My master is not coming for a long time,' 49 and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards; 50 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know, 51 and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:29-30
29 "For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 30 "Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:46
"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

2 Peter 2:1-9
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them — bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.

Jude 1:4-7, 12-13
4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home — these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

12 These men are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm — shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted — twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars — their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Revelation 19:20-21
20 But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Revelation 20:10
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:12-15

12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Scripture uses these terms and phrases as synonyms:

Unquenchable fire
Fiery hell
Black darkness
Outer darkness
Furnace of fire
Fire and brimstone
The smoke of their torment
The lake of fire which burns with brimstone
Where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched
The eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels

All of the above carry the same meaning and consequences for the wicked.

The punishment of the wicked dead in hell is described throughout Scripture as “eternal fire” (Matthew 25:41), “unquenchable fire” (Matthew 3:12), “shame and everlasting contempt” (Daniel 12:2), a place where “the fire is not quenched” (Mark 9:44-49), a place of “torment” and “fire” (Luke 16:23-24), “everlasting destruction” (2 Thessalonians 1:9), a place where “the smoke of torment rises forever and ever” (Revelation 14:10-11), and a “lake of burning sulfur” where the wicked are “tormented day and night forever and ever” (Revelation 20:10).

The punishment of the wicked in hell is as never ending as the bliss of the righteous in heaven. Jesus Himself indicates that punishment in hell is just as everlasting as life in heaven (Matthew 25:46). The wicked are forever subject to the fury and the wrath of God. Those in hell will acknowledge the perfect justice of God (Psalm 76:10). Those who are in hell will know that their punishment is just and that they alone are to blame (Deuteronomy 32:3-5). Yes, hell is real. Yes, hell is a place of torment and punishment that lasts forever and ever, with no end. Got ?

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0