Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
no God, no original sin, no punishment." That kind of reminds me of the person who is trying to cross a freeway in California. Just close your eyes, see, no traffic, no danger, no problem... It just doesn't work that way
I don't think you're getting it. There simply is no evidence for things things. And because there is no evidence, you're as likely to be committing a mortal sin by believing in the Christian God as you are by not believing. We need evidence to guide the way, but there is none. And without evidence, the negative hypothesis (that there is no such thing) is the only reasonable position.

Upvote 0

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Paul addressed this very point, but here goes. I believe that God put in every persons heart several things. First is the knowledge that they are immortal. Yeah that is right, I believe you are just as immortal as I am. The problem is where you will spend eternity, but that is another discussion altogether. Next He put the knowledge of a superior being in everyone's heart. Why else does every society which has ever existed looked for God, in one way or another? Even you have, I read it on your page, 'we are our own gods.' Look at people who believe in reincarnation. They claim that they don't believe in God, yet, they claim if you live a bad life now you will come back as a victim. Who says?? Who decides who has to be victims and who gets to have a good life next? Must be someone in charge! God does not judge people on what they don't know or don't understand, He only judges us on what we do know and what we do understand. If a person has never heard of Jesus or God, they still know inside what is right and what is wrong, that is what God judges them on. On the other hand, those of us that do understand the plan of salvation but turn our backs on it have no excuse. Someday we will stand before Christ and have to explain why we did not believe and ask for forgiveness. Was it pride? Was it that we knew we were doing sinful things and just could not stand the thought of giving them up? So what is the reason? How hard is it to ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins? It costs nothing and it will gain you eternal life. One other question, what if I am totally wrong and none of this is true? What have I lost? I enjoy my life more now then I ever did while I was out drinking and living a sinful life. Now think about this, what if on the other hand I am right? What have you got to lose???
I know you might find this hard to understand but Jesus loves you no matter what you think of Him. He came to earth to suffer and die even knowing that you would feel this way. That is an awesome thought. God the creator of the universe would have died (and did) for you.
Sorry, too rambling and compressed for me. Break up your sentences into paragraphs. Use complete thoughts. I'm just not going to be bothered to go through what you've written here. So if you care about communication, I strongly recommend you work on your writing style.

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
no God, no original sin, no punishment." That kind of reminds me of the person who is trying to cross a freeway in California. Just close your eyes, see, no traffic, no danger, no problem... It just doesn't work that way
Luckily we at least know our eyes are closed.

As Chalnoth said, there's zero evidence for the supernatural (or against it, for that matter - though there is evidence against specifics of some religions). In this respect, everyone is trying to cross the highway with closed eyes - only the ones who think they know something don't realise it.

Upvote 0

Bombila

Veteran
Nov 28, 2006
✟13,256.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Do you even read the words you are responding to? Apparently not. What is the point of discussing this with you if you don't even try to understand the plain sense of what is written?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

[self edit to prevent warning] :doh:

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Once you're ready to ask the question, "does God exist?" here are a few observations to consider as you begin your search for an objective answer:Discoveries in astronomy have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that the universe did, in fact, have a beginning. There was a single moment of creation.Advances in molecular biology have revealed vast amounts of information encoded in each and every living cell, and molecular biologists have discovered thousands upon thousands of exquisitely designed machines at the molecular level. Information requires intelligence and design requires a designer.Biochemists and mathematicians have calculated the odds against life arising from non-life naturally via unintelligent processes. The odds are astronomical. In fact, scientists aren't even sure if life could have evolved naturally via unintelligent processes. If life did not arise by chance, how did it arise?The universe is ordered by natural laws. Where did these laws come from and what purpose do they serve?Philosophers agree that a transcendent Law Giver is the only plausible explanation for an objective moral standard. So, ask yourself if you believe in right and wrong and then ask yourself why.

source link: http://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/does-god-exist-c.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Discoveries in astronomy have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that the universe did, in fact, have a beginning. There was a single moment of creation. Advances in molecular biology have revealed vast amounts of information encoded in each and every living cell, and molecular biologists have discovered thousands upon thousands of exquisitely designed machines at the molecular level. Information requires intelligence and design requires a designer.Biochemists and mathematicians have calculated the odds against life arising from non-life naturally via unintelligent processes. The odds are astronomical. In fact, scientists aren't even sure if life could have evolved naturally via unintelligent processes. If life did not arise by chance, how did it arise?The universe is ordered by natural laws. Where did these laws come from and what purpose do they serve?Philosophers agree that a transcendent Law Giver is the only plausible explanation for an objective moral standard. So, ask yourself if you believe in right and wrong and then ask yourself why. Who gave you your conscience? Why does it exist?People of every race, creed, color, and culture, both men and women, young and old, wise and foolish, from the educated to the ignorant, claim to have personally experienced something of the supernatural. So what are we supposed to do with these prodigious accounts of divine healing, prophetic revelation, answered prayer, and other miraculous phenomena? Ignorance and imagination may have played a part to be sure, but is there something more?
If you're going to copy-and-paste straight from another site, the least you could do is credit them. But then, that would expose your source of 'information' as nothing more than a grossly misinformed site. An example:

"The fact is neither model of origins has been established beyond a reasonable doubt (otherwise, the theory of evolution wouldn't be called the "theory" of evolution)."

I hope I'm not the only one who shudders reading that.

Plagiarism is ugly, and I think it might even be against The Rules™.

Upvote 0

Bombila

Veteran
Nov 28, 2006
✟13,256.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Allhart! Please read what your fellow members post in replying to you, and reply to them instead of copy-pasting stuff which is irrelevant to the posts they have made. That way, we could have a conversation. Thank you.

squirrel.jpg

This is why we made this thread about squirrels.

Upvote 0

Drekkan85

Immortal until proven otherwise
Dec 9, 2008
Japan
✟23,051.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
You know, at Princeton not only did we have a huge quantity of squirrels, but the ones that were there had lost all fear of humanity and were utterly adapted to our presence. I even saw one sitting on a bicycle just like it was about to go.

In other words: Squirrels are cute.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Drekkan85

Immortal until proven otherwise
Dec 9, 2008
Japan
✟23,051.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
A blue heeler is an Australian cattle dog. The only time she gets to herd cows, though, is when we go to my inlaws farm. She's taken to trying to herd squirrels instead.

How does that turn out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Hi Speakout!

i wonder why you said this?

"You will notice that Lucifer does not want man to know that they are made in the image of God. If we were to believe evolution are ancestors are frogs, dogs and apes. There is a big difference between being made in the image of God and being made in the image of beasts."

First off it is totally and 100% untrue that anyone proposed that our ancestors are frogs and dogs. Did you say that because you are really that ignorant of what you are trying to dispute? You will never be convincing to anyone but yourself if you dont know the subject matter.

Second people just do look an awful lot like other apes, and monkeys too for that matter.

So when it is said that people are made in the image of God, that really means that God must also look a lot like an ape.

Seriously now... do you think that God "looks" like ANYTHING you could possibly imagine? Here is something that exists outside of time and space, is able to know everything about everything everywhere, do anything, and this being looks like a person or a chimp?

I dont know what is meant when it says we are made in the image of God but it sure isnt that. Maybe some sort of spiritual image.

It just could not mean we have a physical resemblance, funny little tufts of hair, toenails and all. THAT is just too ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Seriously now... do you think that God "looks" like ANYTHING you could possibly imagine? Here is something that exists outside of time and space, is able to know everything about everything everywhere, do anything, and this being looks like a person or a chimp?

I dont know what is meant when it says we are made in the image of God but it sure isnt that. Maybe some sort of spiritual image.

It just could not mean we have a physical resemblance, funny little tufts of hair, toenails and all. THAT is just too ridiculous.
Usually apologists claim that it has something to do with our sense of morality, our capacity to love, things along those lines that we consider nobly human. Of course, they completely ignore that closely related animals have all of those things too.

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2011
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you know that cats are one of the very few domestic creatures that would survive the worldwide extinction of humans? Cattle would be picked off by predators with newly found niches (coyotes taking the niche of wolves) and would be extinct within a year or 2.But this good all time.....

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did you know that cats are one of the very few domestic creatures that would survive the worldwide extinction of humans?

That's great. I just hope my cat isn't stuck inside the house if humans were to suddenly become extinct.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0