1. How does a born again Christian live for God?

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2. How does the Holy Ghost work (help) in a Believer life?
1. A born again Christian lives for God by dedicating themselves to God.
2. The Holy Spirit works by convicting the soul of sin and helping the soul heal from sin and be protected and feel Gods love.

• Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. Your backwards: we don't live "for" God. Jesus is the way, truth, life. He is the Good Shepherd. We just follow Him around like dumb sheep! He is the one that lead us into the life of God's promised joy--the Kingdom.

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. Your backwards: we don't live "for" God. Jesus is the way, truth, life. He is the Good Shepherd. We just follow Him around like dumb sheep! He is the one that lead us into the life of God's promised joy--the Kingdom.
How is that done? Please post scriptures.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John 3:16-17
John 3:3
John 5:24
Ephesians 2:8-9
Romans 10:8-13
Romans 8:1

The Holy Spirit is imparted to the Believer. A Spiritual Nature is implanted. A Pathway through life has already been prepared. The Christian stays on that Pathway ........... or, steps off, indulging in the behavior of the sinful nature. Welcome to the life of a bouncing ball when that happens.

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16-17
John 3:3
John 5:24
Ephesians 2:8-9
Romans 10:8-13
Romans 8:1

The Holy Spirit is imparted to the Believer. A Spiritual Nature is implanted. A Pathway through life has already been prepared. The Christian stays on that Pathway ........... or, steps off, indulging in the behavior of the sinful nature. Welcome to the life of a bouncing ball when that happens.
If I use my will power, can Satan override it and force me to do the things I don't want to do?

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I use my will power, can Satan override it and force me to do the things I don't want to do?
Your will power ceases to function when you are inhabited by the Holy Spirit. When you violate your Most Holy Relationship with Him, Satan jumps for joy. That's when you have disintegrated into YOUR will power.

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is God prescribe order of vic
Your will power ceases to function when you are inhabited by the Holy Spirit. When you violate your Most Holy Relationship with Him, Satan jumps for joy. That's when you have disintegrated into YOUR will power.
Can you post a scripture that states that.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is God prescribe order of vic

Can you post a scripture that states that.
I posted several in a previous post. Once you become a Christian you are saved, Spiritually birthed. God fills your life with the desire to serve Him. You get in the way when you stray.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I posted several in a previous post. Once you become a Christian you are saved, Spiritually birthed. God fills your life with the desire to serve Him. You get in the way when you stray.
So Gods prescribe order of victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil, that enters me into sanctification is to get saved and God fills my life with the desire to serve Him?

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So Gods prescribe order of victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil, that enters me into sanctification is to get saved and God fills my life with the desire to serve Him?
Sorry ....... I was on the telephone. YES that's what God does once you confess Jesus as Savior. He GRANTS you the ability to follow Him all the days of your life. Satan is dumped, unless you take up sinful habits again. That does not mean that you lose your salvation, just that you stepped out of fellowship. God provided the key to step right back in when you read and confess 1 John 1:9 (first John 1:9, not John 1:9).

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry ....... I was on the telephone. YES that's what God does once you confess Jesus as Savior. He GRANTS you the ability to follow Him all the days of your life. Satan is dumped, unless you take up sinful habits again. That does not mean that you lose your salvation, just that you stepped out of fellowship. God provided the key to step right back in when you read and confess 1 John 1:9 (first John 1:9, not John 1:9).
So if I add works to my salvation by reading and confessing I will have victory?

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So if I add works to my salvation by reading and confessing I will have victory?
You had victory when you confessed Romans 10:8-13, or gave your life to Him by believing in Him. You then engage in "works" (ministry, telling others, sharing your joy, your salvation experience, fellowshipping with those of our Faith). You witness to those who do not know Jesus, not harshly, but in a Spirit of love, joy, and understanding. You are walking in victory! Tell your wife, children, extended family, friends, co-workers! Smile because HE knows you, and you are going to live with Him forever! H A L L E L U J A H ! ! !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Concerning your will over sin.

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using, after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

It is sure there isn't anything you can do, by which you are able to add to your Salvation, your victory is in Jesus and what HE DID.

Your faith is dead without works which you are ordained to walk in.

Eph. 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jas. 2:18
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Jas. 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Jas. 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What a great question.
Let keep things simple.

Basicly you as a new Christian have joined an Army and as a raw recuit you need to get trained ready for service.
Join a church where they explain the bible in the sermon and don't be afraid to ask questions of the preacher afterwards.
Read the bible, usedaily reading notes from your local christian bookshop. They will give a passage to read, a comment on it and a surgested prayer point.

Start following Christian blogs to help you learn I would suggest thepoachedegg. Yes a silly name but it is a good source of information.

A guide t behaviour is found in the ten commandments, use them as that a guide.
Lastly pray I use A.C.T.S. where
A= Adoration
C = Confession
T = Thanks
S= Suplication.

Upvote 0