small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It might be a roundabout payment but, we have to give Trump credit for the deal he made with Mexico we are doing far better and the deal he made with Canada we are doing far better and the deal he is now making with China it's going to be a great Advantage for the United States compared to what Obama used to do warning China you shouldn't do that.

Trump doesn't wine to China with little warnings that carry absolutely no weight he acts.

Probably why the Democrats can't stand it -- he is being successful.

M-Bob

I can't speak to the trade deals with Mexico or China but the deal with Canada was very little changed. In a completely separate move he did slap on steel and aluminum tariffs but that seems to have changed nothing much at all except the incredible insult to Canada by suggesting we are a security threat. What he did not get which he dearly wanted was getting rid of the impartial trade tribunal. This limits his ability to bully us on trade issues. However, he will try other means I am sure.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,438.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to make a few points.

The renegotiated trade deals with Canada and Mexico do not include any funding for a border wall.

Any increase or monetary profit gained by Americans will only be realized in corporate businesses associated with selling goods in these countries. Any wall would clearly be funded by tax dollars from every American taxpayer, and there is no clear link that the corporate businesses that profit from trade deals, who also have lawyers able to find tax loopholes, will ever pay a dime towards funding the wall.

And most importantly, please consider the obvious flaw in Trump's reasoning, since the mere suggestion that Mexico should even pay for a wall on our border through any scheme, is simply stealing from others;Which quite frankly, only an ungodly person would brag about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Can you disprove what he said in the video about him never claiming Mexico would actually write out a check for the wall, but it would be paid for through the deal with Mexico?

As I said, I couldn't see the video.

What I've shown is a clear pattern of Trump lying. ("I had the largest electoral college victory since Reagan" (he didn't), "I saw thousands and thousands of Muslims in Jersey City cheering as the towers fell" (they didn't, and he didn't), "I hire the best people" (demonstrably false)).

His claim that the trade deal will pay for the wall is nonsense, and debunked in post 12.

Trump trying to move the goalposts of "Mexico will pay for the wall" to "the wall will be paid via a trade deal with Mexico" may work for those predisposed to treat what he says as gospel truth, but for those of us who have been paying attention, his snake oil salesman pitch is obvious.

There's absolutely no evidence that his trade deal will pay for the wall. That's the claim Trump has now made, and his supporters are repeating, yet no one have shown a shred of evidence that Trump's claim is correct.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I said, I couldn't see the video.

Why do you need to see the video? You are clearly aware of all the details. You say you have patterns and maybe we can get to those eventually, but for now, one thing at a time.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Why do you need to see the video? You are clearly aware of all the details. You say you have patterns and maybe we can get to those eventually, but for now, one thing at a time.

Feel free to support Trump's claim with actual evidence. It's been entirely absent in this thread.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Good. There's no need to have taxpayers burdened with it.
We can open the government back up and get on with life.

...except for the modest "processing fee". But if you pay that you will be able to take possession of this AMAZING wall. Please send us your bank account number and wire us the money from the nearest Western Union. Once we have the processing fee this amazing wall is ALL YOURS!

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mr. American, my name is Joe Smith, I am a representative of the mighty US Government Police Lawyer. I got your name because you are a good person. I have a 2000 mile long wall that I inherited from my good friend, President Mubuto Sesiseiko. Unfortunately I am unable to use it in my current situation and I wanted to give it to you. Could you please send me $500 and I will have my friends in Mexico give you this wall.

I know it sounds like a lot of money but it is not. Considering the wall is easily worth $25 billion zillion dollars (US) and will keep you safe from all manner of bad things (Mexican rapists, drug dealers, and the common cold). I think you are a good person and I want to offer you this incredible deal.

Please respond with your social security number and date of birth and I will have my friends come over to your home with your new wall.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Feel free to support Trump's claim with actual evidence. It's been entirely absent in this thread.

I believe him, I need no evidence, but since you insist on playing games, I'll assume you cannot back up your claim.

Thanks just the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
I believe him, I need no evidence, but since you insist on playing games, I'll assume you cannot back up your claim.

Thanks just the same.

His claim was already debunked in post 12. I haven't seen anyone who believes Trump even try to refute it.

Trump's "Mexico is going to pay for the wall" claim is just like his "I will eliminate the national debt claim".

During the 2016 election, he not only claimed he would eliminate the national debt, he claimed it would be easy.

The initial claim/exchange starts at 2:53, with the actual claim at 5:36

Of course, since taking office, not only has he not reduced the national debt, but he's increased the rate of borrowing. Moreover, paying for the wall would add on to that already increasing number.

When challenged on it (on October 2017, he shifted the goalposts and made a separate false claim, where he claims that the gains of the stock market "picked up the whole thing" regarding the national debt. It's the same bait and switch tactic he's using with his Mexico wall claim.

Nothing in the trade agreement with Mexico will go to paying for the wall. That's simply a fact, there's nothing in the trade agreement which even mentions the wall.

You believe him, without evidence. It speaks volumes to your discernment.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,113.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump's trade policies reduce the trade deficits with carious countries. We should check the great reductions in trade deficits with China.

It would be great news - if it were true.

Even if USMCA were ratified (which it isn’t) there is no evidence I am aware of that it is going to reduce the trade deficit with Mexico.

“In summary, USMCA can be seen, on balance, as an improvement over NAFTA, but not much of one. It will have no measurable effect on economic growth, job growth or wage growth in the United States. It will have no appreciable effect on the U.S. trade deficit with Mexico.”
USMCA Is Not The Magnificent Trade Deal Trump Says It Is

Now, for the sake of argument, let’s say the trade deficit is reduced. This is money that is distributed among all the people who import/export and those who consume/sell imported/exported products/services.

This is not money that goes into the federal treasury so Trump can build a wall.

So, sorry, Mexico is not paying for it. Trump repeat this lie (again) does not make it true.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
His claim was already debunked in post 12. I haven't seen anyone who believes Trump even try to refute it.

Trump's "Mexico is going to pay for the wall" claim is just like his "I will eliminate the national debt claim".

During the 2016 election, he not only claimed he would eliminate the national debt, he claimed it would be easy.

The initial claim/exchange starts at 2:53, with the actual claim at 5:36

Of course, since taking office, not only has he not reduced the national debt, but he's increased the rate of borrowing. Moreover, paying for the wall would add on to that already increasing number.

When challenged on it (on October 2017, he shifted the goalposts and made a separate false claim, where he claims that the gains of the stock market "picked up the whole thing" regarding the national debt. It's the same bait and switch tactic he's using with his Mexico wall claim.

Nothing in the trade agreement with Mexico will go to paying for the wall. That's simply a fact, there's nothing in the trade agreement which even mentions the wall.

You believe him, without evidence. It speaks volumes to your discernment.

Did you disprove what he said somewhere in all that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"I'm a professional in technology"

lololol

Watching TrumpFans continuing to believe this stuff is like watching your grandmother continue to send money to the Nigerian prince who's promised to help her open a web store.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Trump's trade policies reduce the trade deficits with carious countries. We should check the great reductions in trade deficits with China.

1) That isn’t Mexico (statement was that Mexico would pay)

2) The negotiations without China are ongoing - no sign yet what, if any, changes there will be in trade deficit

3) Trade deficit reduction still is not money that goes to the US treasury - it goes to business and consumers

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Attempt to confuse the issue if you like..my request was simple, and your inability to fill that request was clear.

Except that your request was fulfilled in post 12 of this thread, before you even made the request. And you continue to refuse to acknowledge it, challenge it or support Trump's claim.

It's hard to have a debate with an ostrich.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0