United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How about a 1 Enoch SAFE HOUSE forum where people who want to study, discuss, or inquire about the book of 1 Enoch can do so?

Maybe an "Apocrypha Discussion" forum would work better, since that would open up discussion for other Apocryphal books aside from Enoch 1.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe an "Apocrypha Discussion" forum would work better, since that would open up discussion for other Apocryphal books aside from Enoch 1.
I like the term 'Deurocanonical' because it means exactly what the Apocrypha is: writings outside the Canon of Scripture.

Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like the term 'Deurocanonical' because it means exactly what the Apocrypha is: writings outside the Canon of Scripture.

You mean "deuterocanonical"? That term means something along the lines of "secondary canon" and it's used to refer to books that were once considered canon in some versions of the Bible but were later removed. It's a useful term, but it only refers to a certain subset of Apocryphal books.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You mean "deuterocanonical"? That term means something along the lines of "secondary canon" and it's used to refer to books that were once considered canon in some versions of the Bible but were later removed. It's a useful term, but it only refers to a certain subset of Apocryphal books.
My spelling mistake; I thought I had written 'deuterocanonical'.

Upvote 0