• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1 Corinthians 12:3

Discussion in 'Exposition & Bible Study' started by Matthew13:9, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Matthew13:9

Matthew13:9 Member

+42
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    1 Corinthians 12:3King James Version (KJV)

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

"no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed"

This can be explained by going to the book of the law:

Deuteronomy 21:22-23King James Version (KJV)

22 And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:
    23 His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

The above verse is telling us that those who commit a sin worthy of death and are hanged on a tree are accursed of God..

Jesus was accused(John 19:7kjb) of making himself(being a man) The Lord Christ, the Son of God, which was the reason he was hanged on a tree(Acts 10:39kjb)

Therefore I give you to understand that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed because he is the Son of God, the Lord Christ.

"and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost."

This is explained in:

Luke 10:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

"no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father(THE HOLY GHOST)"

Which is the reason Jesus did not need the testimony of men without the Holy Ghost:

John 2:23-25King James Version (KJV)

23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.
    24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
    25And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

"needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man"

1 Corinthians 2:11King James Version (KJV)

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?