United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Reads...

Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

I don't function in my household under the obligation of pacifying my wife with roses or compliments to stroke her little emotional pillow. She knows I love her cause of what I DO and HAVE DONE already.

I'm quite open about my marriage on these forums and I must say that the responses for the most part do make me laugh. I do enjoy the feedback. But be clear, she is indeed married to an

AUTHENTIC Christian...not a perfect one...but AUTHENTIC

It means I take the Word for what it says and the WORD SAYS

MEN RUN THINGS in the MARRIAGE HOUSE. Period.

I will not be subject to feeling like I have to conform my life to please her. It simply will not happen because she was created FOR ME...not the other way around. God saw ADAM and said it was not fit for HIM TO BE ALONE...I'll make HIM....a HELP MATE. So again, in Genesis 2:18, it backs up 1 Corinthians 11:9. OLD and NEW Testament advocate for this reality in the FAITH.

I posted a post earlier this month about Love vs In LOVE..derived from a question my wife literally texted me. We're heading towards the end of the MONTH and we are still married...and having GREAT MARRIAGE BED experiences. Yet, in very woman fashion, she still has the moments of....trying to manipulate me to cater to HER NEEDS and WANTS.

Doesn't happen with me. It's literally...NOT BIBLICAL.

Some quote the Scripture in rebuttal to such talk that says LOVE YOUR WIVES...LIKE JESUS LOVED THE CHURCH.

I laugh and say True INDEED. Who is the Church?

The CHURCH...are those who have already SUBMITTED...to Christ.

It means my wife has to submit to the authority given to me as stated in 1 Corinthians 11:3 to be LOVED properly.

Not to misuse and abuse her. Clearly, I'm not that type if our marriage bed is quite awesome PRESENT DAY. But it does say, that when she has the " woman " moments where she asks that question of..

" Do you love me or are you IN LOVE WITH ME "

I chuckle and simply say....read 1 Corinthians 11:9. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Beloved

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The phrase “help meet for him” translates the Hebrew words ezer kenegdo. These words are a little difficult to translate. Ezer literally means, “help” and is similar in meaning to the English word ‘help.’ However, kenegdo, translated ‘meet for him’, is more difficult to translate. The root word, neged, literally means ‘opposite’, ‘in the presence of’, ‘over against’, ‘in front of’, ‘corresponding to’, or ‘aside’. Literally, kenegdo means, ‘opposite as to him’ or ‘corresponding as to him’.

The sense of the phrase ezer kenegdo is ‘an equal but opposite helper to him’. For example, my left hand is the ezer kenegdo to my right hand; both hands look alike except they are exactly opposite. Both hands are equal but opposite. This is so that they might work better together. Imagine trying to pick up a shovel with two hands that are positioned the same! Again, the ezer kenegdo of the right wing of an airplane is the left wing; they look exactly the same except they are opposite each other. Both wings are equal but opposite. This is so that the airplane can fly. One wing is no more important than the other. The same is true with man and woman. Man’s ezer kenegdo is woman. Both are equal but opposite.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The phrase “help meet for him” translates the Hebrew words ezer kenegdo. These words are a little difficult to translate. Ezer literally means, “help” and is similar in meaning to the English word ‘help.’ However, kenegdo, translated ‘meet for him’, is more difficult to translate. The root word, neged, literally means ‘opposite’, ‘in the presence of’, ‘over against’, ‘in front of’, ‘corresponding to’, or ‘aside’. Literally, kenegdo means, ‘opposite as to him’ or ‘corresponding as to him’.

You might also take a look at the use of ezer in scripture. In most uses, ezer refers directly to God in the act of rescuing His people. In most of the rest of the circumstances, ezer refers to an armed force that comes to the rescue of God's people. In only one circumstance does ezer not refer to either God or an army, and that's when it refers to Eve.

What this means is that the understanding of ezer is not merely an assistant--like "hey, hand me that saw"--but rather ezer has the sense of "the cavalry to the rescue." When a man is drowning, ezer is what he cries for. Ezer means essential, existential rescue.

There is a very interesting thing presented by Genesis in this regard.

First, God creates a male, a man. The man is fully functional. He's able to do stuff--take stewardship of the earth. IOW, the male alone is "built to specification." He's physically 100%.

Then God does this: He removes part of the man. It's not necessarily a vital part, but at that moment the man was no longer "at specification." At that moment, the man was less than the 100% represented by his initial creation.

By God's initial creation of a functional man, He had established what "100%" is, but then God deliberately reduces the man to less than 100%.

Into this patriarchal society, God introduces the concept returning to wholeness for the man necessarily requires uniting with a woman.

This is symbolic. It has a meaning we are intended to grasp and use. This is why "In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies."

Last edited:
Upvote 0