Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi...Grace and peace to you my brothers in Christ.. I was just reading two different threads and got the impression that some belive that rightly discerning the body meant they had to believe it was the actual blood/body of the Lord and not just doing the act as a rememberance...I personally believe it a mystery, I don't have to understand the "workings" behind it.

Anyway, I always thought takeing it unworthily was having the wrong attitude and not being pure before the Lord(ie make things right before you partake). I mean whats going on is they have oughts against each other and were partying and treating it like it was a party time..

Anyway what are your comments..pax..Kim

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It means understanding what His Body suffered for us. By His Stripes we are healed.

Verse 30 tells us that for this reason many Christians are weak and sick and many die.
1 Co 11:30

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
KJV

His Body is also the Christians that are presently living on the earth.

A habitual treating of fellow Christians wrongfully and hatefully can also bring about verse 30. :)

Upvote 0

BrotherDave

Sep 11, 2005
Bay Area, California
✟16,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These verse relate to outward appearances and inward reality. They must be the same.

Those partaking of the Lords Supper were representing God and making a statement about what He has done for them. An unbeleiver has no spiritual credentials and not worthy of partaking. Those God had not saved were not going to find salvation in this ritual. They were still liable to the same condemnation that the Lord was liable for. Their sins were not payed for. In other words, we cannot say (by partaking) that we are saved and then live in a worldly way. If we do that we hold God up to ridicule because we are saying one thing and doing the opposite.

"Not discerning the Lord's body." The body here refers to the church in the sense of I Corinth 6:15, 12:27. Some who were partaking of the Lord's Supper did not understand that the church was special because it was a spiritual body representing the Lord. It is not a social gathering based on secular interests.

In Christ's service,
David

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.