West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
His teaching required context... my fellow branches. :)

No it was quite clear, needed no interpretation. Those who walk away and can't accept Christ at His word try to change His word. You want to believe Creation is literal yet the very words from the Lord Christ you decry as symbolic and of no consequence, if one is literal that gives no indication it is (Creation, which I do believe in) then the other (This is my Body and this is my Blood, Real Presence) that God said is real. They are either both true or both false.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 10: 7 So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep

John 15: 5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

Of course Christ could't have meant what he said now can He

No it was quite clear, needed no interpretation.

ok if you say so. IN that case I continue to make my appeals to my fellow branches

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No it was quite clear, needed no interpretation. Those who walk away and can't accept Christ at His word try to change His word. You want to believe Creation is literal yet the very words from the Lord Christ you decry as symbolic

1. Christ Himself had just slammed the disciples for taking his statements about bread too literally in Matthew 16.
2. Nobody is biting anybody in John 6 - not even the faithful disciples.
3. and nobody is biting anyone at the last Supper -

these are the points on which we all agree.

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

ok if you say so. IN that case I continue to make my appeals to my fellow branches

No it does not require anything, the only thing it requires of you is you sacrifice your faulty knowledge to God's words in faith which you have not done. Please do not patronize me again, thank you. Now I must leave because I give no quarter to falsehoods that go against Christ very words. May you find God always in your journey and may God bless you.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1."the remembering of things from a supposed previous existence"
2."a patient's account of a medical history."??

ok well - I think "in remembrance of Me" works best as "memorial" since we do that all the time.

"for the remembrance"

But still aren't you happy that translators don't use that term?

Instead we have - do this in remembrance of Me.”

Having said that - I agree that this service was put in as the new Passover that begins at that moment.
Passover was a "remembrance" of deliverance from Egypt.
The Communion service is the remembrance of deliverance from slavery to sin.
After reading some of the responses I thought I’d jump in here. Everyone should know that God Will not lose any of His elect. When it was Said that God could raise up the very stones as children to Abraham I think you can rest assured that everyone who was supposed to be visited by Christ was up to and including now.
Matt.3
  1. [9] And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No it does not require anything, the only thing it requires of you is you sacrifice your faulty knowledge to God's words in faith which you have not done. you.

You realize of course that just lashing out at someone is not the same thing as responding to the points being raised in the text.

I am happy to have everyone believe as they wish - all have free will.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, we're the poor deluded souls who think He meant what He said, right? Good job we have so many of the enlightened amongst us to tell us what He really meant.
I have no reason to think he was speaking literally, and to repeat myself, the people who stopped following him thought he was speaking literally.

those same people were seeking him because they got free food and they wanted more - they weren’t seeking him to learn from him. They were earthly/fleshly minded. I’m not so sure I want to be of the same mindset as them in regards to thinking he was speaking literally.

we are forbidden to eat/drink blood, and the Messiah did not teach his followers to sin, so even more reason to view his teaching as metaphorical.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The red liquid in red meat that you & many people mistakenly think is blood.

Myoglobin gives red meat it’s red color.
There is a trace amount of blood that remains within the muscle tissue.

Say goodbye to steak, my friend. It was fun while it lasted.

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The bread breaking was symbolic - the bread wasn’t literally his body.
That's not what the Bible says. Let me recite it again for you:

"This is my body".

If our Lord pointed to his chest and said "This is my body" you would not say that his words were symbolic.

The only reason why you think it is symbolic is because your mind cannot fathom that what he pointed to was in fact his body.

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is a trace amount of blood that remains within the muscle tissue.

Say goodbye to steak, my friend. It was fun while it lasted.
Eating steak is fine if the blood is drained.

Abraham served God & angels red meat - also, God permitted the Israelites to eat cows if the blood was drained, and simultaneously forbid eating blood.

it is possible to eat steak without eating blood. Sounds to me like you’re trying to impose some sort of extra-biblical legalistic doctrine.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Eating steak is fine if the blood is drained.

Abraham served God & angels red meat - also, God permitted the Israelites to eat cows if the blood was drained, and simultaneously forbid eating blood.

it is possible to eat steak without eating blood. Sounds to me like you’re trying to impose some sort of extra-biblical legalistic doctrine.
LOL. No, I think it is perfectly fine to eat blood, although it might not taste very good.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's not what the Bible says. Let me recite it again for you:

"This is my body".

If our Lord pointed to his chest and said "This is my body" you would not say that his words were symbolic.

The only reason why you think it is symbolic is because your mind cannot fathom that what he pointed to was in fact his body.

Have a nice day.
The fact that he was referencing the bread as his body is evident by him referencing the cup as the new covenant.

there is nothing indicating that he was pointing to his body. He held a piece of bread and said it was his body - he wasn’t literally saying the bread was his body.

The bread & the cup are metaphorically his body and the new covenant.

• Useful
Upvote 0