Aug 21, 2008
✟2,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have 25 minutes, should i still attempt this?

Yeah why not:

God created the heavens and the earth
Adam and Eve sinned by eating the forbidden fruit
Noah's Ark
The 10 Commandments
Christ is born
Christ healed and ministered
Christ was crucified and died for mankind
Christ rose from the dead
Christ will come back

There 25 minutes are up.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah why not:

Noah's Ark
The 10 Commandments
Christ is born
Christ will come back

There 25 minutes are up.
I have to say it would be kind of cool.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you were given an opportunity to preach ONE time, to a captive audience (woman's prison) to a couple hundred people (many if not most being non-believers). What would you preach on?
What approach?

I think I'd probably want to start from where they are - in prison. Then talk about the Lord who sets prisoners free and mention some of the things which imprison us. ; fear, greed, anger, self-hatred etc. Some of these things may have led them to commit their crimes - or they may feel imprisoned (trapped) by a drug/alcohol habit, having started taking drugs/alcohol to hide pain from a difficult past, or broken relationship.

I'd tell them that Jesus said that if the Son sets them free, they will be free indeed, that there is no fear in love because perfect love drives out all fear, and that God demonstrated this perfect love for us when he saw us weak, hurting, unclean, godless sinners and sent his Son to die for us so that we could be reconciled to him, have the slate wiped clean in his sight and our sins forgiven.

Then I'd say that not even the bars of a prison can seperate us from his love.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah why not:

Noah's Ark
The 10 Commandments
Christ is born
Christ will come back

There 25 minutes are up.

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

But I think you'd need to say that because people were unable to keep God's law and become reconciled to him by their own actions, (sacrifices had to be offered every time someone sinned), God made a New Covenant; sealed by the blood of Jesus, the perfect lamb of God. That we are made clean, righteous and are saved and have eternal life through him alone. And that this covenant is for Gentiles as well as Jews.
Our actions do not qualify, or disqualify, us for eternal life - we receive this, and God's forgiveness, through Jesus; by accepting what he did for us on the cross.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I'd probably want to start from where they are - in prison. Then talk about the Lord who sets prisoners free and mention some of the things which imprison us. ; fear, greed, anger, self-hatred etc. Some of these things may have led them to commit their crimes - or they may feel imprisoned (trapped) by a drug/alcohol habit, having started taking drugs/alcohol to hide pain from a difficult past, or broken relationship.

I'd tell them that Jesus said that if the Son sets them free, they will be free indeed, that there is no fear in love because perfect love drives out all fear, and that God demonstrated this perfect love for us when he saw us weak, hurting, unclean, godless sinners and sent his Son to die for us so that we could be reconciled to him, have the slate wiped clean in his sight and our sins forgiven.

Then I'd say that not even the bars of a prison can seperate us from his love.
Very nice my sister....

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

JamesAH

Aug 21, 2008
✟2,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good stuff. :thumbsup:

But I think you'd need to say that because people were unable to keep God's law and become reconciled to him by their own actions, (sacrifices had to be offered every time someone sinned), God made a New Covenant; sealed by the blood of Jesus, the perfect lamb of God. That we are made clean, righteous and are saved and have eternal life through him alone. And that this covenant is for Gentiles as well as Jews.
Our actions do not qualify, or disqualify, us for eternal life - we receive this, and God's forgiveness, through Jesus; by accepting what he did for us on the cross.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JamesAH

Aug 21, 2008
✟2,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The thing is that if I was going to preach I would need a lot of time to do it. Preaching the Gospel isn't some overnight thing or even a week thing it's going to take you a while to preach the Scriptures because not only are you reciting the Bible but you have to put your own feelings and emotions via The Holy Spirit into those words you peach.

Those prisoners need to hear those words flow from your heart and not just reading from the Bible. Plus there are going to be questions asked and you need to answer those questions to the best of your ability also there are going to be questions asked that you might not have the answers too and you need to reach into your heart to try to answer truthfully .

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The prison theme, debtors prison, the ransom paid.....all very biblical and appropriate. Good idea, Strong in Him, I hit that one once, but I don't know if I still have my notes. Thanks for the reminder!

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just a reminder, nothing we say will win them. We do want to honor the Word and bring the truth, but God alone does the work. The Spirit is the one who will convict and covert them in His time and in His power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just a reminder, nothing we say will win them. We do want to honor the Word and bring the truth, but God alone does the work. The Spirit is the one who will convict and covert them in His time and in His power.
True, when i've done this before i fast and pray leading up to it, my prayer is that His work and will be done through me, that my presence is essentially unseen and unprideful and the Holy Spirit's presence abounds.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am sure you'll be fine. Your theology is sound, your intention is to honor God and love people. God does good things through willing servants.
Amen...Loved yours and Strong in Hims stuff, i think i'm going to work from them, this is my first time preaching i usually do my testimony, combined with scripture and of course the gospel message. So i'm i lil nervous about it and only have 11 days to prepare.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you were given an opportunity to preach ONE time, to a captive audience (woman's prison) to a couple hundred people (many if not most being non-believers). What would you preach on?
What approach?
Excellent, the entire Bible is written as to those coming from slavery and how GOD
Himself led them out of slavery (bondage, abuse...etc)

I loved mont's thoughts and with a cribstyl spin put on it, but even better yet..
Go Holy Spirit!

The greatest verse, though i feel some conviction is always always necessary in preaching the gospel.
Conviction? :O
No seriously though, these ppl already hate themselves and feel completely unworthy.
Why waste that precious time retelling them! lol
The hardest thing for me has been to accept that He LOVES me.
(It's the goodness of God that leads a man to repentance)

True, when i've done this before i fast and pray leading up to it, my prayer is that His work and will be done through me, that my presence is essentially unseen and unprideful and the Holy Spirit's presence abounds.
Awesome! Would you mind making a thread 3 to 5 days ahead so that perhaps
any of us might fast and pray along with you.
Thanks, and if I think of an answer to the OP, I'll letcha know!
I have some ideas too.
:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Excellent, the entire Bible is written as to those coming from slavery and how GOD
Himself led them out of slavery (bondage, abuse...etc)

I loved mont's thoughts and with a cribstyl spin put on it, but even better yet..
Go Holy Spirit!

Conviction? :O
No seriously though, these ppl already hate themselves and feel completely unworthy.
Why waste that precious time retelling them! lol
The hardest thing for me has been to accept that He LOVES me.
(It's the goodness of God that leads a man to repentance)

Awesome! Would you mind making a thread 3 to 5 days ahead so that perhaps
any of us might fast and pray along with you.
Thanks, and if I think of an answer to the OP, I'll letcha know!
I have some ideas too.
:wave:
Great thoughts as always my dear sister any other ideas are greatly appreciated, just drop me an email. I will start a thread for prayer and fasting, good point on the conviction.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,015.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What approach?
I think that I would start by separating myself from everyone and get in touch with God. Probably for hours every day until I was ready and then put my faith in the Spirit of God and let him do the talking for me.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love one another as GOD in Christ LOVES YOU.

Stop being A SLAVE of the darkness WITHIN and you may some day GET OUT OF PRISON while upon this present earth.

This is THE GOSPEL that goes out into the WHOLE WORLD. One side to the good, and one side to the BAD, the TWO being presently BOUND UP in one LUMP, the bodies and minds of ALL mankind.

So simple any child could understand. And all the darkness will continue to say NAY...

Love your fellow mankind OUT of PRISON.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0