*LoveIs* John 15:12
Aug 30, 2004
Georgia
✟23,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was the date this was originally written, I found it in my draft box.

Mosquito bites sting, break-ups hurt, losing a loved one brings sorrow. Many times in my life I have thought that I had reached the end of my rope. I couldn’t take any more pain whether it was physical or mental. Aren’t I glad that Jesus never gave in to his pain? I don’t know if seeing the beaten body of what was characterized to be Jesus in “The Passion of the Christ” made it anymore real to me than what I have imagined since a child. The sounds of the movie are what brought it into life for me. Upon the cracking of the cat of nine tails and the guard yelling out “Let it stick”, my body began to tighten, and the cursed ripping sound, as the flesh was literally torn from our “Savior’s” back. Now that started the water works! However it doesn’t even begin to describe what the Lord went through though, for my sins and for yours. He had to face something that no man has ever had to go through, while on the face of this Earth … total separation from God. Now I am not talking about one who chooses to go down the path of unrighteousness, I am talking about one who came from Heaven. He lived there from since ‘time was time’, He knew of angels, knew of true peace, He knew of the Father and yet for us allowed Him to take all that away. He was stripped to the bare evil of this world, covered with blood, broken bones all about, bugs irritating Him, but He couldn’t move to fix himself or clean His wounds. Jesus wouldn’t have even if He could. He took on our sins, like what He is, a Prince, one of honor and glory, whom was given to us by God. Only once did He cry out, never was a complaint muttered from His lips. Thinking of what Jesus suffered makes all my life’s tribulations seem like getting gum stuck in my hair. So what really got Him through, besides His ‘birthright’? He never once took His eyes off of God. That’s why He only cried out once, when God had to look away. Many things we can learn from the life of Jesus, but I believe a part from salvation and treating others, as you would like to be treated, this is one of the most important lessons. When we live in a world, that is crumbling, where people are dying by the hundreds, family members are turning against family members it is very important to never take your eyes off of God. No matter how bad it hurts, no matter if you get an immediate response from Him or not, never fail to look at the One who created it all. He, and Him alone will be able to get you through any circumstance, anytime.