Visit site
✟312,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is the belief of the 1,000 year millennium (being spent in heaven) always been the historical interpretation (since the reformation) ... or is it unique to 7th day adventists?

Thanks.
Dispensationalists believe so also. But they believe it to be on earth.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dispensationalists believe so also. But they believe it to be on earth.

Yeah, I do not believe Jesus will rule on earth during the 1,000 years.

Jesus already accomplished all that is needed (He rules from heaven), providing the way to salvation through Him .... when He returns the 1st resurrection happens and those (the saved) are taken to heaven ... the 2nd resurrection (of the lost) happens after the 1,000 years in heaven are completed.

John 5:28-29

• Titus 2:13
  • Hebrews 9:28
  • John 14:1-3
  • Acts 1:9-11
  • Matthew 24:14
  • Revelation 1:7
  • Matthew 24:43, 44
  • 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
  • 1 Corinthians 15:51-54
  • 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10
  • 2 Thessalonians 2:8
  • Revelation 14:14-20
  • Revelation 19:11-21
  • Matthew 24
  • Mark 13
  • Luke 21
  • 2 Timothy 3:1-5
  • 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is the belief of the 1,000 year millennium (being spent in heaven) always been the historical interpretation (since the reformation) ... or is it unique to 7th day adventists?

Thanks.
That’s a good question. In my studies on the reformers I have not run into their theory of the millennium, but would be curious to know too. My guess @BobRyan might be the best person to answer you.

I just finished watching this series on the reformers by It Is Written, which I thought was excellent. There are 7 or 8 episodes and you can watch them all on the It Is Written app or on YouTube.

Happy Sabbath!

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That’s a good question. In my studies on the reformers I have not run into their theory of the millennium, but would be curious to know too. My guess @BobRyan might be the best person to answer you.

I just finished watching this series on the reformers by It Is Written, which I thought was excellent. There are 7 or 8 episodes and you can watch them all on the It Is Written app or on YouTube.

Happy Sabbath!

Hi, thanks am a subscriber to It is Written and is available on my Roku. I have watched it and It is a good series.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Thanks.

As far as I have seen - It is unique to SDAs - but of course is also in the Bible - so then the first century teaching.

One of our 5 "S's" of uniqueness is the "Second Coming" and the thing that makes it unique is that "desolate earth" condition in Jer 4:23-26 Jer 25:30-31, Rev 19:21

The reason "this matters" is that before the actual appearing of Christ - there is a very convincing "fake second coming" according to Matt 24 so that if possible it would "deceive the very elect". The fake version is the popular one today and it is the version that Satan actually can duplicate since he is a shiny being from space as are his angels so he can put on a show of coming to Earth to fix things - as if setting up his 1000 year reign.

What he can NOT do resurrect all saints of all time then rapture both the resurrected and living saints to heaven while also destroying "the rest" that remain on Earth and leaving nothing but a Jer 4 "desolate earth" having what Jer 4:23-26 calls "no humans" left alive on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As far as I have seen - It is unique to SDAs - but of course is also in the Bible - so then the first century teaching.

One of our 5 "S's" of uniqueness is the "Second Coming" and the thing that makes it unique is that "desolate earth" condition in Jer 4:23-26 Jer 25:30-31, Rev 19:21

The reason "this matters" is that before the actual appearing of Christ - there is a very convincing "fake second coming" according to Matt 24 so that if possible it would "deceive the very elect". The fake version is the popular one today and it is the version that Satan actually can duplicate since he is a shiny being from space as are his angels so he can put on a show of coming to Earth to fix things - as if setting up his 1000 year reign.

What he can NOT do resurrect all saints of all time then rapture both the resurrected and living saints to heaven while also destroying "the rest" that remain on Earth and leaving nothing but a Jer 4 "desolate earth" having what Jer 4:23-26 calls "no humans" left alive on it.

Well ... was just curious ... God does indeed reveal more things as time goes on ... learning about the sanctuary in heaven (the real one) was a real eye opener for me.

Sure ... understand and have studied out all that you put forth. Many will be deceived not understanding that upon His return the earth will lay completely desolate until the 2nd resurrection.

Thanks for your reply ;o)

• Agree
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0