United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Poll: Opposition by independents to impeachment inquiry jumps 10 points
Opposition by independents to the House's ongoing impeachment inquiry jumped 10 percentage points in the last week, according to a Politico-Morning Consult poll released Tuesday.

The poll showed 47 percent of independents opposed the inquiry, compared to 37 percent last week. Meanwhile support for the inquiry by independents fell 7 points to 40 percent.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Seems Trump may be gaining
some new voters in 2020?
That's what happens when you
shoot yourself in the foot
over and over again.
M-Bob

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Lol, Bob. You're focusing so much on the 47% opposed, seem to have overlooked the 48% who approve of Donald's impeachment hearings.

The poll also showed that 48 percent of respondents support the House impeaching President Trump, compared to 44 percent who oppose it, while 47 percent backed the Senate removing the president from office.

Donald keeps shooting himself along with the rest of the country in the foot. Especially with his hateful comments today that were just so shameful. I don't think he's earned many votes from folks who weren't already concreted into his base.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Donald keeps shooting himself along with the rest of the country in the foot. Especially with his hateful comments today that were just so shameful. I don't think he's earned many votes from folks who weren't already concreted into his base.

Our goats are betting one month's worth of their favorite food on Trump in 2020.

Man they really are into Trump because,
I know how they treasure their meals.

They must know something?
That (a few) others don't?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Our goats are betting one month's worth of their favorite food on Trump in 2020.

Man they really are into Trump because,
I know how they treasure their meals.

They must know something?
That (a few) others don't?

M-Bob

What's the goats' favorite food?

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol, Bob. You're focusing so much on the 47% opposed, seem to have overlooked the 48% who approve of Donald's impeachment hearings.

Donald Trump isn't getting support from this registered Independent. If he is found guilty of criminal acts and abuse of his executive power as President, then I support him being impeached. I would also support him going to prison if that is the appropriate punishment for him committing a crime(s). As it is, I won't support or defend him in any shape or form and I don't want to be associated with him as a Christian. I think he has disgraced the Republican Party and has severely damaged its reputation.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Donald Trump isn't getting support from this registered Independent. If he is found guilty of criminal acts and abuse of his executive power as President, then I support him being impeached. I would also support him going to prison if that is the appropriate punishment for him committing a crime(s). As it is, I won't support or defend him in any shape or form and I don't want to be associated with him as a Christian. I think he has disgraced the Republican Party and has severely damaged its reputation.

Oh heck yes he has.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'd want more reliable poll information, so here's where to go for that:
Do Americans Support Impeaching Trump?
It's too soon to get the outcome of the dramatic testimony today. But in a few days, this site will be where you can get a picture that you can know is reliable.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'd want more reliable poll information, so here's where to go for that:
Do Americans Support Impeaching Trump?
It's too soon to get the outcome of the dramatic testimony today. But in a few days, this site will be where you can get a picture that you can know is reliable.

Well there was a poll around here asking if folks were going to watch the impeachment hearings. Unsurprisingly folks in Donald's base tried to mirror his attitude about it, act all indifferent about it. But then they spent the past week making thread after thread about it based on what was spoon fed to them from the likes of Fox News, lmbo.

Naturally with most folks having jobs they couldn't stay home watch the hearings all day long but there's transcripts, and the hearings will be rebroadcast in primetime. Some folks will actually make an effort to learn the facts.

We'll see what happens.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well there was a poll around here asking if folks were going to watch the impeachment hearings. Unsurprisingly folks in Donald's base tried to mirror his attitude about it, act all indifferent about it. But then they spent the past week making thread after thread about it based on what was spoon fed to them from the likes of Fox News, lmbo.

Naturally with most folks having jobs they couldn't stay home watch the hearings all day long but there's transcripts, and the hearings will be rebroadcast in primetime. Some folks will actually make an effort to learn the facts.

We'll see what happens.
I found a couple of good, brief video clips from today capturing key moments in testimony in just 2-3 minutes, and posted them a few minutes ago in a thread here:
Fiona Hill's extraordinary answer distills what impeachment is about

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Real Clear Politics average of polls shows the following today:

For impeachment and removal of Donald Trump:
Economist/YouGov 11/17 - 11/19 49 yes 42 no +7 impeach and remove

Politico/Morning Consult 11/15 - 11/17 47 yes 44 no +3 impeach and remove

NPR/PBS/Marist* 11/11 - 11/15 47 yes 47 no tie

Gallup began polling 11/1 and ended 11/14, before the revelations of the direct witnesses in public hearings.

Notice that this is not the percentage of people who think Trump should be investigated; it's the percentage of people who think he should be impeached and removed from office. Obviously, the public hearings are having an effect.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What's the goats' favorite food?

Country Herb Goat Mix is a premium lightly molassed coarse mixture suitable for most adultgoats. The ingredients include lightly rolled oats to provide energy and digestible fibre, steam cooked flaked barley and flaked maize. ... A blendof natural herbs is added to improve palatability and digestibility.
((( With a little milk added
makes a healthy morning breakfast. )))

Alfalfa (/ælˈfælfə/), also called lucerne and called Medicago sativa in binomial nomenclature, is a perennial flowering plant in the legume family Fabaceae. It is cultivated as an important forage crop in many countries around the world. It is used for grazing, hay, and silage, as well as a green manure and cover crop.
((( Mamma always told us to eat our greens
this stuff is pretty green. )))

Many things are now legal in California and the goats have been sneaking down the mountain to the store and returning acting a little silly???
Might also be a little ((( added bonus ))) for you IF you win the bet????

M-Bob

• Informative
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Country Herb Goat Mix is a premium lightly molassed coarse mixture suitable for most adultgoats. The ingredients include lightly rolled oats to provide energy and digestible fibre, steam cooked flaked barley and flaked maize. ... A blendof natural herbs is added to improve palatability and digestibility.
((( With a little milk added
makes a healthy morning breakfast. )))

Alfalfa (/ælˈfælfə/), also called lucerne and called Medicago sativa in binomial nomenclature, is a perennial flowering plant in the legume family Fabaceae. It is cultivated as an important forage crop in many countries around the world. It is used for grazing, hay, and silage, as well as a green manure and cover crop.
((( Mamma always told us to eat our greens
this stuff is pretty green. )))

Many things are now legal in California and the goats have been sneaking down the mountain to the store and returning acting a little silly???
Might also be a little ((( added bonus ))) for you IF you win the bet????

M-Bob

This was enjoyable to read, Bob. Thanks for sharing. I love talking about food, human food or goat food, lol.

My baseball coach had us eat alfalfa. His wife is a nutritionist & she made up this whole list for us. I was skeptical, but it ended up being pretty darn good.

Upvote 0