Not open for further replies.

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, you need a better comeback. I mean, change the record, man. I've told you numerous times that I do not think everything came from nothing. You continue to flat out LIE about me, and I certainly don't appreciate that. Reality, indeed.

Ahhhhwwww, does it hurt being insulted?

You got two cheeks don't you? (I'm talking face.)

And I'm not lying at all about what you atheists portray as the cause of everything. BTW, this isn't even my thread.

Mine would be 0 x 0 = atheism.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Ahhhhwwww, does it hurt being insulted?

An insult directed at me on some random internet message boad is hardly going to hurt me. But thanks for your concerned facade.

You got two cheeks don't you? (I'm talking face.)

I sure do, and you're more than welcome to kiss one of both of my cheeks. (I'm talking ass)

And I'm not lying at all about what you atheists portray as the cause of everything. BTW, this isn't even my thread.

You can't paint all atheists with the same brush here, Poly. How many times must we say it?! All we have in common is lack of belief in your god and all others. That is not to say we think everything came from nothing (i certainly do not) and that is not to say any of us hold any other common beliefs. Geez, why is that SO hard to understand? Sounds perfectly simple enough for me.

Mine would be 0 x 0 = atheism.

And that would be wrong. Sorry, to burst your bubble.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
An insult directed at me on some random internet message boad is hardly going to hurt me. But thanks for your concerned facade.

See you understand me perfectly all the time.

I sure do, and you're more than welcome to kiss one of both of my cheeks. (I'm talking ass)

Of course you are. Proving my points yet again.

You can't paint all atheists with the same brush here, Poly. How many times must we say it?! All we have in common is lack of belief in your god and all others. That is not to say we think everything came from nothing (i certainly do not) and that is not to say any of us hold any other common beliefs. Geez, why is that SO hard to understand? Sounds perfectly simple enough for me.

G O D are just letters. I couldn't care less what you believe in, or don't believe in, but reality is, by doing the math, that you believe NOTHING created everything.

And that would be wrong. Sorry, to burst your bubble.

The bubble that was created by nothing? It just all of a sudden (as in hundreds of billions of years to eternity is a flash in the pan) poped into existence or did "someone" act and the bubble formed?

A bubble may look like a zero from certain perpsectives, but upon research, they are enclosed spheres.

Another reality of math.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
See you understand me perfectly all the time.

Truth is, I hardly ever understand you :p

Of course you are. Proving my points yet again.

You had a point? What was it again?

G O D are just letters. I couldn't care less what you believe in, or don't believe in, but reality is, by doing the math, that you believe NOTHING created everything.

Then your math is a lie, because you keep perpetuating this lie about me. Why do you feel the need to do that?

The bubble that was created by nothing?

Lies.

It just all of a sudden (as in hundreds of billions of years to eternity is a flash in the pan) poped into existence or did "someone" act and the bubble formed?

So now, tell me the truth here. You believe in god simply because you have no other explanation as to where we (the universe) came from? I'm completely content to say that I do not know where we came from. No need to insert god into the picture.

A bubble may look like a zero from certain perpsectives, but upon research, they are enclosed spheres.

Another reality of math.

You wouldn't know math if it bit you on the rear end. FYI: anything multiplied by zero equals zero. That's like, second grade math. So your god x 0 = everything equation is just.. wrong.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Truth is, I hardly ever understand you

Blame God for that. Not me.

You had a point? What was it again?

It's all about the physical. Like I always say.

Then your math is a lie, because you keep perpetuating this lie about me. Why do you feel the need to do that?

You prove me right so often. Why do you call me a liar? Oh, it's because I don;t report your posts.

How interesting, that word used from a person that uses the words "queer atheist" together. This is like real world research for me.

So now, tell me the truth here. You believe in god simply because you have no other explanation as to where we (the universe) came from?

No explanation? The math only points to a Creator. I have searched many ways and many beliefs and decided that Christ Jesus makes sense. Free thinker from start to finish.

I couldn't care less why you believe in the easy way out of the thinking process. That is another reason why I couldn't stay an atheist.

I'm completely content to say that I do not know where we came from. No need to insert god into the picture.

OK. I just cannot take the easy way out of the thinking process. I need to be using my mind almost all of the time. BTW, wouldn't your definition of you be that of an agnostic?

You wouldn't know math if it bit you on the rear end.

Can't get your mind off of the lascivious huh? It is almost boring being proven right all the time and to stay on my humble path. Almost.

FYI: anything multiplied by zero equals zero.

You don't say. Well yes, you actually do say. Your theory of the universe. I left nonsense alone a long time ago.

That's like, second grade math.

That's like so whatever. Or rather, whatevvvveeerrrrr. You are a great research subject.

So your god x 0 = everything equation is just.. wrong.

You have a broken calculator. God created time when the creation process was begun. Reminds me of a race "started." There was no time before the gun goes off. But I don't want to get off on thinking about complex ideas. I realize its easier for you to just go with "Uh, I don't know, Whatever." Ok.

Even the pantheist knows how to use a calculator. One that works anyway. Now, if you want to go with 1 x 1, then we have a basis for an eduacted discussion to "begin." But let's not. Cognitive dissonance and all. You already call me a liar, I don't want to be accused of hurting you too.

"Let us make man after our image, after our likeness."

The beginning of math, or proof of it?

Reality.

God I love it.

As in God.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God (1) x 0= 0

[wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth], I just disproved God using PCF's method!

In an unstable mind maybe. Or with a broken calculator. Both seem to be ever-present in the use of atheism to decide reality.

Your perspective pal, does not an answer make.

God is one. Everything came from that one. 1 x 1 = 1.

And how important a creation are you. Yeah, even you.

Now get on with life as the important creature that you are.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Blame God for that. Not me.

How can I not blame you when you are the one making the rediculous arguments. Besides, how can I blame that which does not exist?

It's all about the physical. Like I always say.

If you are trying to say that I ignore the "spiritual", then you are right. There is no such thing.

You prove me right so often. Why do you call me a liar? Oh, it's because I don;t report your posts.

For starters, I appreciate not being reported. I have never, not once, used my report button. So, for that I thank you sincerely.

I call you a liar, well, because you are. You told me what I believe, then I told you that your assumptions were in error. I corrected you on what I do and do not believe, yet you continue to post untruths about me. That is by definition lying, in turn making you a liar. Simple.

No explanation? The math only points to a Creator.

That's silly. No it doesn't point to any creator. I have come to the conclusion that you actually don't believe half of what you say, because if you did that would probably make you clinically insane. And I don't really want to believe that you are.

I have searched many ways and many beliefs and decided that Christ Jesus makes sense. Free thinker from start to finish.

That's fine and dandy for you, just don't expect the rest of us to find anything about your religion to make sense.

I couldn't care less why you believe in the easy way out of the thinking process. That is another reason why I couldn't stay an atheist.

You've got to be kidding me. The epitome of the "easy way out" is to just stop all critical thinking and claim "goddidit" - which is exactly what you've done. Sheesh.

OK. I just cannot take the easy way out of the thinking process.

Friend, you already have.

I need to be using my mind almost all of the time.

If this is what you call "using your mind" I suggest you find an alternative.

BTW, wouldn't your definition of you be that of an agnostic?

No. Because I do not know the origin of the universe has nothing to do with agnosticism.

Can't get your mind off of the lascivious huh? It is almost boring being proven right all the time and to stay on my humble path. Almost.

^_^

That's like so whatever. Or rather, whatevvvveeerrrrr. You are a great research subject.

Good. Just make sure when you make the movie, don't cast someone like Brad Pitt to play me. Get a real actor.

You have a broken calculator.

I don't need a calculator to do simple multiplication. Suprise!

God created time when the creation process was begun. Reminds me of a race "started." There was no time before the gun goes off. But I don't want to get off on thinking about complex ideas. I realize its easier for you to just go with "Uh, I don't know, Whatever." Ok.

Ok, i'll use my brain here. GODDIDIT! Phew. That was hard work. I need a break.

Even the pantheist knows how to use a calculator.

Most people do.

You already call me a liar, I don't want to be accused of hurting you too.

Because you are. But, like I said before, nothing you can say or do here will hurt me, and I find our little exchanges quite amusing. I would never ask you to stop. :D

Reality.

God I love it.

As in God.

Oh boy.

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It seems to me that Polycarp_fan's error is in positing a false dichotomy. He seems to suggest that either God created everything or everything just popped into existence.

Polycarp_fan, can you explain why you think these are the only two options open to us?

Reactions: selfinflikted
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
In an unstable mind maybe. Or with a broken calculator. Both seem to be ever-present in the use of atheism to decide reality.

Your perspective pal, does not an answer make.

God is one. Everything came from that one. 1 x 1 = 1.

And how important a creation are you. Yeah, even you.

Now get on with life as the important creature that you are.

A self-proclaimed christian who doesnt believe in Ex nihilo. How very interesting.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems to me that Polycarp_fan's error is in positing a false dichotomy. He seems to suggest that either God created everything or everything just popped into existence.

Polycarp_fan, can you explain why you think these are the only two options open to us?

I know, right? I mean, he's TOTALLY ignoring the highly-regarded Flying Spaghetti Monster theory. Who could forget that one? :p

Upvote 0

uberd00b

The Emperor has no clothes.
Oct 14, 2006
Newcastle, UK
✟22,308.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Single
Ladies and gentlemen, observe the dishonesty..

0 x 0 = Atheism.
This claim is of course laughably and obviously untrue. As has been repeatedly pointed out to P_F. He is however incapable of admitting his error or correcting his opinion because he has "faith" that it is correct. That is he has decided to believe he is correct despite the obvious fact that he is not. In my opinion faith will lead you to such blind hubris.

P_F there's still time for you to stop bearing false witness. It's really unacceptable to atheists to tell falsehoods. Don't let them show you up, again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So, 11 pages of fervent mathematical debate, and we're still left with the undeniable conclusion:

0 x 0 = 0

Where does atheism come into it? What does the multiplication operator have to do with the philosophical question, "Can something come from nothing?"

:scratch:

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And once again I am proven right. The goal of the atheist in interacting with Christians is to defeat them, but by always using the atheist gameboard.

It's hard to be as humble as I am. But I'll keep it up.

You can get something from 1.

You cannot get something from nothing.

0 x 0 = atheism, but cannot be the answer for the atheist existing.

Obviously facts makes me the victor once again.

When do I get my Championship trophy?

Just post it on line. I have no desire for you guys to know where I live.

Reality is important to me.
You are moving the goal posts. I will ask the original question again:

If 0 (nothing) * 0 (nothing) = 0, than how does 1 (God) * 0 (nothing) = everything?

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You are moving the goal posts. I will ask the original question again:

If 0 (nothing) * 0 (nothing) = 0, than how does 1 (God) * 0 (nothing) = everything?
Because PCF also has a broken calculator.
Or God (1), muliplied Himself by Himself (1x1) and came out with... oh right, we still have 1 (God) x 0 (nothing)

Interesting math, PCF :scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.