Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
数ヶ月間勉強してきました。
練習するために話が好き。
私の日本語は悪いです、けど がんばります!
よろしくおねがいします。
So you speak Japanese? :)

All I can say is: Nihon-go ga wakarimasen!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's debatable, lol. I'm around Jlpt 5 level. My vocabulary is up there, but my kanji knowledge is lacking. I'm always looking for new language partners!
So how would I say, "I do speak Japanese"?

Nihon-go wakarimasen?

Upvote 0

celestialpearl

Baby Anglican
Oct 3, 2017
Kentucky
✟14,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's debatable, lol. I'm around Jlpt 5 level. My vocabulary is up there, but my kanji knowledge is lacking. I'm always looking for new language partners!

にほんごがはかります!

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

celestialpearl

Baby Anglican
Oct 3, 2017
Kentucky
✟14,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is some achievement! So did a friend introduce you to Japanese? or maybe you followed a course of study?

Well, I still have a ways to go! Learning is always easier when you enjoy the subject matter though.:) I'm self taught with books, online resources and more recently, native language partners.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I still have a ways to go! Learning is always easier when you enjoy the subject matter though.:) I'm self taught with books, online resources and more recently, native language partners.
A good way to increase fluency in a language is reading the Bible in it. A passage such as John chapter 1 has clear and simple ideas in any case and is probably quite familiar anyway; and one can be surprised at how soon one gets to follow what it says.

Upvote 0

celestialpearl

Baby Anglican
Oct 3, 2017
Kentucky
✟14,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A good way to increase fluency in a language is reading the Bible in it. A passage such as John chapter 1 has clear and simple ideas in any case and is probably quite familiar anyway; and one can be surprised at how soon one gets to follow what it says.

Awesome suggestion...I always use KJV, I don't know anything about multilingual versions of the bible though, something to look into for sure!:)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Awesome suggestion...I always use KJV, I don't know anything about multilingual versions of the bible though, something to look into for sure!:)
I use the KJV in English also! (plus other versions in certain other languages).

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know anything about multilingual versions of the bible though, something to look into for sure!:)
PS: Multilingual versions of the Bible - sometimes bilingual NTs - are issued by Gideons, I think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I still have a ways to go! Learning is always easier when you enjoy the subject matter though.:)
PS:It's good to do some Japanese Bible reading every day! a little and often, can in the long run work better for fluency than telling oneself that one will do a Bible reading marathon.

Upvote 0

celestialpearl

Baby Anglican
Oct 3, 2017
Kentucky
✟14,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
PS:It's good to do some Japanese Bible reading every day! a little and often, can in the long run work better for fluency than telling oneself that one will do a Bible reading marathon.

Good tip! I'm one of those who tends toward marathon study naturally!XD

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good tip! I'm one of those who tends toward marathon study naturally!XD
Sounds like whatever you do - Bible study, language study, motherhood duties, ink: you seem to become dedicated to whatever it is you're doing! :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Awesome suggestion...I always use KJV...
PS: There's something classy about the KJV that I like; it's not the original, as some claim, but it's basically accurtae and its language has class and resonance and I stick to it.

Upvote 0

celestialpearl

Baby Anglican
Oct 3, 2017
Kentucky
✟14,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
PS: There's something classy about the KJV that I like; it's not the original, as some claim, but it's basically accurtae and its language has class and resonance and I stick to it.

I think I know what you mean. To me, the language seems more poetic than other versions I've read. I still use others for comparison though too.:)

Upvote 0