✞ Reasons Why People Misunderstand God ✞

Is there something about God that troubles you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

superjohn112

May 25, 2015
✟7,636.00
Faith
Christian
(Using the ✞ to label my threads)

Now, ever try to talk about God to that one friend? Y'know, that friend who has everything wrong about God, and is very prejudice against him? Well, I have many friends like that. And today, I want to clear up the misunderstandings about God, and possibly my fellow Christians could help me as well.

To start off, God is not hard to know. Yes, our minds can never fully comprehend the Glory that is God, but on man's perspective, it's not hard if you have faith, and that is something many people on Earth do not have. And we all know that faith is the only thing that pleases God:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." ~Hebrews 11:6

Why is it so many people misunderstand God? Well, since Satan is the god of this world (II Corinthians 4:4), he tends to get a lot of people to misconstrue the greatness that is God. I have preached to people who do not know God, and they've told me "why does God do this?" Or "Why doesn't God do that?" And I feel bad for them. Now I am going to list a little constructed Q&A about the misunderstandings of God:

Q: If God is so loving, why does Hell exist? And why does he throw people in Hell?
A: Yes, God is loving, and he loves all people (John 3:16). But God is just (Isaiah 61:8), and God cannot let sin go unpunished. This is why Hell exists, albeit, it was not created for us. It was created because of Lucifer and his angels (Matthew 25:41). There was sin before man, because of Lucifer disobeying God. Does God get us into Hell? No! We get ourselves into Hell, not God! God only judges us to it, we earned Hell because of our sin (Romans 6:23). Our sin gets us to Hell, and since all have sinned (Romans 3:23), there is no escaping Hell, unless we accept his gift of Salvation through his son, Jesus.

Q: Why is Hell forever, and not just for a lapse of time?

A: This is a pretty simple one to answer. God is infinite (Psalm 147:5), therefore, when you sin, your crime against him is infinite. And the only way to punish that crime, is to make the punishment infinite as well. Nobody can pay the debt of sin, but Jesus, and that is why he died for us; so we could get into Heaven!

Q: Why does God kill people? I.e. the flood, and Sodom and Gomorrah. Isn't he violating his own commandments?

A: I do get this one quite a bit when people will try to stump me. God kills people because of how wicked they are (Genesis 6:6-7). God is not violating his Law, because God made the commandments for man. Thou = You, in saying that YOU shall not kill! It does not say No one shall kill (unless you are reading a corrupted and perverted Bible). We are not allowed to kill, because God is the Judge, Jury, and Executioner.
We have established that God is just, and hates sin. The more his people live in sin, the more he hates the world.

Q: Why does God allow evil in the world?
A: Free will of course! Free will is what differentiates us from every other creature on Earth. Free will is what makes us human! But with free will, we choose to be evil. Evil doesn't just show up, something puts it there! WE DID. We are evil, we are the reason God exacts mass genocide. Some say: "Why doesn't God take evil thoughts out of our minds?" God CAN, but he won't, that would be taking away our free will. God is going to get rid of ALL THE EVIL in the World! People whom are saved ought to be happy! People who aren't saved ought to fear... The Tribulation is going to be God's final act of Wrath on the Earth, so, are you saved? Will you escape his wrath on the rapture?

Q: How is man evil when they do so many good things?
A: SIN! Sin is what makes us evil! (Romans 3:10, 23. Romans 6:23) We tend to judge ourselves by our morals and standards. When we do that, we look like good people! That's how most of man is deceived! But when we judge ourselves to God's standards, we are dirty, rotten, hell-deserving sinners. We are evil to the core, which is our heart (Jeremiah 17:9). God is good, and only him.

If anyone has anything to add to this, feel more than welcome to!