† RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST, PROOF OF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There is no god or gods. I don't believe in any god. But I do believe and worship God. If you want to see proof there is a God then one way of investigating this is by studying prophecy. The prophecies I wrote about in my article are all supposed to reach fulfillment after the resurrection of Christ. If Christ is not raised, those prophesies don't fulfill.
Where does the bible say they are prophesies for after the resurrection?

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
So tell me when in history did the Gentiles and their kings become great nations after accepting the Jewish Messiah?
I do not know if or when that happened, as I wasn't there.

I hear that there are supposedly many "great (powerful) nations" today that largely do not accept the Jewish messiah.

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do not know if or when that happened, as I wasn't there.

I hear that there are supposedly many "great (powerful) nations" today that largely do not accept the Jewish messiah.
Where your there when WWII happened? Do you witness the Write Brothers take their first flight? Where you there when Lincoln as assassinated?

By your very argument you deny all historical events you did not witness. Your argument is typical among relativists. I will most likely place you on my ignore list since you are obviously a disingenuous troll.

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Isaiah 60:1-2.

Please answer this question: Tell when in history the gentile nations and their kings came to the light of the risen Jewish Messiah?

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Where your there when WWII happened? Do you witness the Write Brothers take their first flight? Where you there when Lincoln as assassinated?

There's independent contemporary corroborating evidence for all these events.
There is no such thing for the anecdotal claims of the bible.

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First you have to have read the entire Bible and more than one time. Secondly you might benefit by reading the article before posting comments.

But answer this question: When in history did the gentiles and their kings come to the light of the Jewish Messiah?

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
First you have to have read the entire Bible and more than one time. Secondly you might benefit by reading the article before posting comments.
I've probably read it more times than you. You just arrogantly assume that non-Christians haven't read your holy book.

The article is erroneous. The bible does not say anything about those prophecies being for after a resurrection, that's just how you chose to twist things.

But answer this question: When in history did the gentiles and their kings come to the light of the Jewish Messiah?
Given that the Jewish Messiah has not yet come that's a silly question.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Who are the infallible ones who peer review it? Bias atheists maybe?

You seem to be stuck on some grossly erroneous views when it comes to scientists, what they believe and now people view them.

Scientists come a diverse range of backgrounds and religious views. And nobody thinks they are infallible.

If you keep doubling down on this gross misrepresentation of scientists, you're only hurting any credibility you may be trying to generate here.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private

By your very argument you deny all historical events you did not witness. Your argument is typical among relativists. I will most likely place you on my ignore list since you are obviously a disingenuous troll.
As a Buddhist, I do not think in binary terms, but yes, in relativistic terms. Why is that trollish?

Blind belief in events like the first flight is reasonable to a great extent, but I hold a far lower standard of proof for those things compared to claims made about allegedly omniscient, omnipotent deities and their claims about my highest good. Yes, that is relativistic, and yes that is a very positive thing in my eyes.

I do not deny historical events as you claim; I am merely agnostic towards them to a greater or lesser degree. It seems to me that you cannot (or do not wish to?) perceive the difference, perhaps because it is the Achilles heel of your OP/argument?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've probably read it more times than you. You just arrogantly assume that non-Christians haven't read your holy book.

The article is erroneous. The bible does not say anything about those prophecies being for after a resurrection, that's just how you chose to twist things.

Given that the Jewish Messiah has not yet come that's a silly question.
I'm going to ask you one more time and you better get it right: When did the gentile nations and their kings come to the light of the Jewish Messiah?

I expect a real answer from you or you will be placed on my ignore list.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Still waiting for an answer...

Prophecy declares that the gentile nations and their kings will come to the light of the risen Messiah. When in world history did this prophecy fulfill?
Never.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Interpreting prophecy is a tricky thing. That's really all I have to say.

I dunno, it seems kinda easy to me. Especially given how vague these are, then they can mean whatever one wants them to mean. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
I'm going to ask you one more time and you better get it right: When did the gentile nations and their kings come to the light of the Jewish Messiah?

Why not put us all on your ignore list, then you won't have to deal with those who disagree...

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Hahaha. If you don't like an answer it's not right? How far up your own fundament can you climb?

I answered your question, now answer me this. When did the Jewish Messiah come?

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So you cannot ever think of a time in history when the gentile nations and their kings came to the light of Christ? Did you ever attend school? What about the rise of Christendom? Surely you have some knowledge about that. What about those Puritans on the Mayflower? Surely you can think of a time in history when the gentile nations became great nations who came to the light of Christ. Or does your atheism force you to deny all history just so you can hold on to your skepticism? If your worldview makes you deny facts just to keep your worldview going, then your worldview is proven false.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

I always thought that was a weird threat to lob at people. ‘You better watch out, or I’m going to act like you don’t exist!’

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.