• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured “Zip-Tie Guy” identified as retired Air Force lieutenant colonel

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Wolseley, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+2,826
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+17,853
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
  3. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,135
    Christian
    Married
    zip tie guy:
    [​IMG]
    guy in the article:
    [​IMG]
    tulc(uhmm...) :sorry:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+2,006
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Regardless of who his is or his intent, he is not authorized to be there.

5. tulc

+18,135
    Christian
    Married
    True, maybe what they meant was he was one of the people with zip ties. He was there obviously. So yeah, he should've gotten arrested.
    tulc(still feels like he's seen the "zip-tie guy" in another photo) :scratch:

6. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+1,633
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    "It's not mine; I was just holding it for someone else!!!!"

Can't wait to hear what his story changes to once they dig into his purchase history.

"I didn't mean to be menacing! I just accidentally stormed the capital with gear when I found those on the floor! woopsie! I totally forgot to give those to an officer!"

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. tulc

+18,135
    Christian
    Married
    okay...I think I found him:
    Zip-Tie Guy Photographed Inside US Capitol Identified by Social Media as Nashville Bartender
    tulc(needs more coffee but still has 30 minutes in coffee time out) :sigh:

8. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+3,202
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    That always works.

9. tulc

+18,135
    Christian
    Married
    The OP reminded of a quote from two of my favorite philosophers back when I was a lot younger: Cheech and Chong:
    tulc(is a very old guy)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,061
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    These aren't my pants, I borrowed them. So it's not my crack.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. JosephZ

JosephZ Well-Known Member

+1,020
    Philippines
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    It seems zip ties are standard equipment for these right-wing domestic terrorists. Here are a couple of stories from last year where zip ties are mentioned.

More than a dozen members of the Oregon Three Percent Zone 5 militia showed up. Some carried assault rifles and zip-tie handcuffs.
    In Rural Oregon, Threats And Backlash Follow Racial Justice Protests

In the name of law and order, members of his informal group have shot paintballs at demonstrators and carry zip ties and bear spray as they look for antifascists... Unlike the old image of militiamen as fringe elements motivated by a desire to overthrow the federal government, these groups often rally in defense of the president and see themselves as pro-government allies of local law enforcement.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ed-militias-protests-coronavirus/?arc404=true

And here is a picture of a terrorist outside of the Kentucky state capital building last weekend.

zipties.jpg

My guess would be that "Zip Tie Guy" Larry Brock Jr, a terrorist who was radicalized by the current president, went there with the intent to kidnap lawmakers. In fact, what happened at our nations capital had many similarities to the failed Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping plot in Michigan.

12. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+3,153
    Catholic
    Married
  13. Yarddog

+3,153
    Catholic
    Married
    Are we to assume that only one person brought them?

14. Wolseley

+2,826
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    He is no longer a member of the military. So unless the Pentagon took the unprecedented step of drafting him back into the active-duty military just to be able to court-martial him, I doubt very much if that'll happen. ;)

15. Yarddog

+3,153
    Catholic
    Married
    The Supreme Court has ruled that retired service members can be Court Marshalled.
    Supreme Court: Retirees Can Be Court-Martialed for Crimes Committed After Service

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Wolseley

+2,826
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  17. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber Supporter

+2,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  18. Wolseley

+2,826
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    The Boy Scout motto. :)

19. Arc F1

+2,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  20. Arc F1

+2,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I didn't know it. This could be dangerous for a lot of people. You know they will use it selectively.