London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He is not able to deny Himself.

having little faith or being faithless does not mean we do not have faith, it means we do not practice it, because it would appear we are not able to overcome the temptation of our own reasoning ...

however

No temptation has seized you, except what is common to man. And God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but will also provide with the temptation the escape, to be able to endure it.

so what is this escape which God provides with the temptation ...

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

having little faith or being faithless does not mean we do not have faith, it means we do not practice it, because it would appear we are not able to overcome the temptation of our own reasoning ...

however

No temptation has seized you, except what is common to man. And God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but will also provide with the temptation the escape, to be able to endure it.

Temptation from Satan the Tempter can only operate within bounds that God permits for our sake. (Think Job)

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
seek, and you will find....
Isaiah 30:21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
seek, and you will find....
Isaiah 30:21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.

"Strive to enter in through the narrow door; for many, I say to you, will seek to enter in, and will not be able.

my question is specific .... i am asking

what is this escape which God provides with the temptation ? as in what is it specifically which comes with the temptation ...

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Strive to enter in through the narrow door; for many, I say to you, will seek to enter in, and will not be able.

what is this escape which God provides with the temptation ? as in what is it specifically which comes with the temptation ...

The limitation God places on the temptation.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God limited the degree to which he was tempted.

yes this established in the verse supplied in the OP ....

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes this established in the verse supplied in the OP ....

The ability to resist and the limitation on the temptation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ability to resist and the limitation on the temptation.

Jesus being one of the three who escaped temptation said ... I am able to do nothing of Myself. and therefor the ability to escape was not his ...

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

however

And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them. -Isaiah 42:16

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them. -Isaiah 42:16

agreed ... only He can lead us out of captivity ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

however

Dear one, I understand your concern what is this escape which God provides, that He allows us to be tempted.

This is what we have heard:
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses,
but one who in every respect has been TEMPTED as we are, yet without sin. -Hebrews 4:15

Let us first consider our Lord Jesus Christ as high priest what He has done for us. This is what we have heard:

how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. -Hebrews 9:14

What happened when tempted ! What happened to conscience ? This is what we have heard :

To the pure, all things are pure,
but to the defiled and unbelieving,
nothing is pure;
but BOTH their minds and their consciences are defiled. -Titus 1:15

Since it is written BOTH, we know the mind cannot be the conscience nor the conscience is the mind.

Then what is conscience? Conscience is of the heart. How do we know this ? This is what we have heard:

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit,
of joints and of marrow,
and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. -Hebrews 4:12

Since thoughts are of the mind, conscience is the intentions of the heart — of joints and marrow.

What is conscience ?
Conscience is described as an aspect of self awareness!

In sum, conscience is defined as an aspect of self-awareness that produces the pain and/or pleasure we "feel" as we reflect on the norms and values we recognize and apply.

Do our norms and values conform to God’s norms and values ? Do our conscience always good ?

To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. -Titus 1:15

So we can consider there are those whose consciences are defiled because their hearts do not conform to the norms and values that are from God. And there are those who whose conscience is pure because their heart conform to the norms and values that are from God.

Aren’t those tempted mean to be hindered from obeying the truth ?

You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? -Galatians 5:7
This persuasion is NOT from Him (Christ) who calls you. -Galatians 5:8
A little leaven leavens the whole lump. -Galatians 5:9

So the call of the devil through temptation or persuasion is to leaven a little to leaven the whole lump. So in other words, the act of temptation/ persuasion of the devil is to defile the heart by first influencing the mind who held to close to the heart like that of joints and marrow.

How about THIS ESCAPE?
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. -Romans 8:26

Yes, we have heard our Lord Jesus Christ, our High Priest sympathies with our weaknesses,
For He is the one who in every respect has been TEMPTED as we are, yet without sin.

So our Lord sympathies with our weakness by sending the Holy Spirit to help us in our weakness.

So we escape the temptation through the Holy Spirit. How? This is what we have heard:

For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. -Romans 8:5
For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. -Romans 8:6

So when we identify our minds on the things of the Spirit, we set our minds on the things of the Spirit. When our mind have been ruled by the Spirit of God, then we will have life and peace.
In other words, the words of God that we treasure in our hearts that purify our conscience; make us aware in our minds the things of God and things that are not of God; because the words of God enlightened us; the understanding of our mind is not darkened; then with our mind, we can decide to follow the things of God.

That is how we escape the temptation. That is our Heavenly Father have said :

My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. -Proverbs 4:20
Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. -Proverbs 4:21
For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh. -Proverbs 4:22
Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. -Proverbs 4:23

So to escape the temptation, follow what our Heavenly Father have said through our Lord Jesus Christ who is our High priest after the order of Melchizedek, who sympathizes with our weakness by sending Holy Spirit to help us.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

1 John 5:
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Even more specifically, grace by faith....
James 4:
Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain,
The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously?
6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:
God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.

Upvote 0