Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
They would prefer to have Biden testify. The video of him talking about how he bribed the Ukrainian government is probably not sufficient.

Biden is not on trial here. Trump is. If you want to go after Biden, have an investigation and trial, but the Trump Impeachment Trial is not the time nor place.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Biden is not on trial here.
I don't believe anyone said he is. However, he is a material witness (if there are to be witnesses) because he is right in the middle of the corruption in Ukraine that is supposed to be the issue with the House managers.

I say "supposed to be" because there no longer is any doubt that the issue is nothing other than trying to prevent the president from winning re-election.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does a flat out confession make any difference to those noble Republican senators...?

Yes, the question is rhetorical...

Perhaps a link or reference to what you are referring to would be beneficial to the conversation.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I don't believe anyone said he is. However, he is a material witness (if there are to be witnesses) because he is right in the middle of the corruption in Ukraine that is supposed to be the issue with the House managers.

I say "supposed to be" because there no longer is any doubt that the issue is nothing other than trying to prevent the president from winning re-election.

The issue is Trump abusing the power of the presidency and obstructing Congress. It was listed in the Articles of Impeachment.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
You didn't notice what the supposed abuse of power was all about??

Trump soliciting the interference of the Ukrainian government to publicly announce investigations that would help Trump’s 2020 presidential bid and harm his political opponent’s bid.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Except even if Biden was involved, it wouldn't justify Donald's extortion tactics.

At least we agree that Donald's actions were geared towards winning his re-election. I can see how being investigated and subsequently impeached can put a kink in his plans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The_Barmecide

Oct 10, 2019
Idaho
✟14,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Except that the Ukranians who initially looked at the evidence back long before all this found NO EVIDENCE OF CORRUPTION. But I get it, we only trust RUSSIAN sources, not Ukranian.

But let's assume Biden IS corrupt. I got no problem with investigating him. But that's like saying that the guy who robbed the liquor store is innocent because the owner of the liquor store had a bunch of unpaid parking tickets and a bench warrant for his arrest.

(Do you see the point there?)

I should think that being corrupt would be it's own problem for getting re-elected but watching the GOP in the Senate now makes me think twice about that.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trump soliciting the interference of the Ukrainian government to publicly announce investigations that would help Trump’s 2020 presidential bid and harm his political opponent’s bid.
That said, if it were true...

you would have a case.

In other words, no crime, no evidence, no abuse of power; just lots of name-calling and "what ifs" coming from Schiff, Nadler, and Company.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not at all. He has zero first hand evidence about Donald's motives or actions in this case. And as we've heard repeatedly, second hand information is hearsay and inadmissible in any court in the land.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You didn't notice what the supposed abuse of power was all about??
Sure, it was about trading a weapons deal for a press release about investigating one of Donald's political rivals, at a time which coincided with Donald launching an ad campaign against that candidate using similar talking points.

And also Donald's obstruction of Congress during their investigation of that activity.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
But let's assume Biden IS corrupt. I got no problem with investigating him. But that's like saying that the guy who robbed the liquor store is innocent because the owner of the liquor store had a bunch of unpaid parking tickets and a bench warrant for his arrest.

(Do you see the point there?)

Or maybe it's more like the Store is the American taxpayer and the robber isn't a robber at all but is merely seeking to make sure the store isn't getting robbed? What's the transcript say again? Do US a favour.....and the nation. He didn't say anything about his 2020 re-election. So what is that? Merely a speculative notion. Not facts. Speculation.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That said, if it were true...

you would have a case.

In other words, no crime, no evidence, no abuse of power; just lots of name-calling and "what ifs" coming from Schiff, Nadler, and Company.

“I watched the lies from Adam Schiff. He’ll stand, he’ll look at a microphone, and he’ll talk like he’s so aggrieved,” Trump said at a news conference from the World Economic Forum in Davos, referring to the House Intelligence Committee chairman leading the prosecution.

On Schiff and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold L. Nadler (D-N.Y.), another impeachment manager and longtime Trump foe, the president added: “These two guys — these are major sleazebags. They’re very dishonest people. Very, very dishonest people.”

Name calling indeed. It's beyond my comprehension how anyone can defend the behavior of this President and his utter disregard for our Constitution and our values.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2f642e-3d55-11ea-8872-5df698785a4e_story.html

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0