“We Can’t Say Black Lives Matter Until We Say Unborn Lives Mather.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think the state would pay.

Youd think people on all sides could get behind this, especially those who think this will literally prevent the killing of unborn children.

Ok that’s not actually being made free it’s being paid for by everyone. I’m not opposed to that.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Because He is THE God...one and only.
God is a right-wing Evangelical Protestant? You're going to have a hard time selling that one.

Murder still happens despite we have laws against it. There's no reason to assume that this would be different. Yet just because it still happens doesn't mean we legalize murder. Crimes need to be punished, and thus deterred. More importantly, mothers need to see their babies as what they are: human beings
My question was how are you going to do it? What are the elements of proof going to be? For instance, in order to prove that a pregnancy has been terminated, you will have to show that a pregnancy existed. If the woman denies that she was ever pregnant, how will you prove otherwise?

Then I'm not sure you're looking for it. Mark Robinson (Lt. Gov - NC) said that he doesn't hold women who have abortions accountable because they've essentially been brainwashed into believing that their baby isn't really human. Ben Shapiro says the same thing.
Then who will you prosecute?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ok that’s not actually being made free it’s being paid for by everyone. I’m not opposed to that.
Ugh.

Its common and well understood that "free" means free for the end user. Like the homeless shelter here that gives out free lunches. Nobody thinks that food materializes from thin air.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ugh.

Its common and well understood that "free" means free for the end user. Like the homeless shelter here that gives out free lunches. Nobody thinks that food materializes from thin air.

Yeah it was a sarcastic way of saying it’s not free. I know what the implications were but the problem is a lot of people don’t want to take in the responsibility of paying for other people’s responsibilities. For me I wouldn’t mind if it didn’t cost me much.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,398.00
Faith
Atheist
Yeah too many people can’t afford it. Healthcare for me, my wife, and my two daughters came out to $16,000 per year which is about 27% of my income.
Ouch. I work for a big-ish company, so my costs are minimized/shared; I don't know what I'd do if I had to buy it outright.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ouch. I work for a big-ish company, so my costs are minimized/shared; I don't know what I'd do if I had to buy it outright.

Im better off paying out of pocket because I’ve never had any medical bills anywhere close to $16k.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well its quite a gamble counting on that trend to continue.

Yeah but how many years should I pay almost a third of my income before I might actually need it? In any case it’s simply not an option. I can’t survive on 70% of my income.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

As a Canadian I share my medical expenses with 35,000,000 other Canadians. It brings down the cost to about 40% of the exact same service in the USA.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yeah but how many years should I pay almost a third of my income before I might actually need it? In any case it’s simply not an option. I can’t survive on 70% of my income.
Yeah if you cant, then you cant. But thats our insane USA system. Roll the dice, hopefully you wont lose everything.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not true at all. My "side" is Christ. Are we on the same side then, my sister? Our church is willing to help any woman in need if she is pregnant and alone.
The way Conservative Christians votes proves they don't care for the born. Fighting for your right not to wear a mask and social distance and infect who you want during a COVID-19 pandemic . Thats not caring for the born. Defending a guilty man. All these protesting during the COVID-19 pandemic just proves life doesn't matter at all. It's all a pretence.

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I never understood why conservatives always feel the need to pivot to abortion from almost any other issue. The large number of abortions in the Black community is a problem, but not one that has anything to do with police brutality.
Near as I can tell its a mental short circuit to justify being one issue voters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Most people cause the majority of their medical costs in their final years of life. So, if you want to have your final years of life become your final months of life, and spend those months in ever-increasing agony, your strategy like won't be too bad.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I never understood why conservatives always feel the need to pivot to abortion from almost any other issue. The large number of abortions in the Black community is a problem, but not one that has anything to do with police brutality.
It the last bastion where they think they hold the moral high ground.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Abstain from sexual immorality...problem goes away with zero costs to anyone.
It is well known among people who remember being a teen that abstinence does not work.

Believe it will in the face of it never heads is a real head scratcher.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
In Europe, some will be surprised to learn, we take the Black Lives Matter pretty seriously. The canard that the movement is some kind of far left conspiracy has no traction here. I think because left wing politics is not demonised in the way it appears to be in the USA we easily distinguish the two movements.

How seriously we take it is shown at every English Premier League football match when all players and officials go down on one knee before every match. Bear in mind that quite a few of these young men are millionaires and not notorious Revolutionaries.

If you see a red flag it is likely to be waved by a Manchester United fan!

Black Lives Matter Chicago organizer defends looting: "That's reparations"

An organizer in Chicago's BLM organization went to local media outlets explaining that in her eyes, the looting that members of Chicago BLM and other groups engaged in was nothing more than "reparations" owed to blacks in America and that white people needed to just shut up about it.

Upvote 0