New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I graduated college in 2010. This safe space nonsense didn't exist back then. We had real philosophical and political discussions and debates, heated at times, between professors and students. I learned new ways of looking at issues, new ways of analysing issues, how to research claims, how to debate, etc. My law classes weren't censored and trigger warnings issued for classical literature. I have such a hard time imagining things have changed so much in five years.
I graduated in 2004 and it existed back then, but was much more lowkey and was aimed at people actually doing really offensive things.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I know--as far as the 'regurgitation' part goes--but I can imagine that you might have felt queasy. ;)

That part I was only half kidding about.

The students reactions are insane. They do need counselors, but not because of the Trump chalk. . .

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have raised a generation(s) of pathetic, weak, crybabies. Period. We have raised countless children that have not matured properly, and they scream red faced at anyone with whom they disagree... and yet, they cry and need safe zones and counseling because they see a word or phrase written in chalk.

A nation will never be strong or stay strong if this is what becomes its foundation.

Words hurt? Is that what we've become? War, disease, starvation, terrorism, violent crime... all of those hurt. Dear Lord, what a wonderful world it would be if getting your feelings hurt really was on the top of the hurt list.

Everyone in this thread is doing their own crying, they cry about the crybabies.

Politics is unholy, and non spiritual. Its better to flee from this stuff, friends. I been there and i'm glad i'm not anymore. I'm not perfect either, and i could easily get sucked into this myself, God help me. Forgive me, a sinner.

Micah 9:9 Now why do you cry aloud?
Is there no king in your midst?
Has your counselor perished?
For pangs have seized you like a woman in labor.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
George Soros has been funding quite a few of these so called "grass roots" movements. He has funded the Occupy movement and Blacklivesmatter, among others.

And these are somehow terrorists?

Reactions: katautumn
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Back on topic new.jpg
And please post in an
orderly manner
keeping the rules
foremost in mind.
Thank You​

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonofIsaiah

LET YOUR SMILE CHANGE THE WORLD NOT VICE VERSA
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟16,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have to say, I relish the life you've had if you've never had someone say something so awful to you that you got hurt
Guess you missed it. The point of the OP is to say these students supposedly felt pain just seeing, visual, no hear, just see, the word, Trump.

From the posted Snopes article.
WHAT'S FALSE: "Emergency counseling" was offered to or demanded by students; Emory students complained that their "safe spaces" had been violated; students were afraid of or traumatized by the chalk markings.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Guess you missed it. The point of the OP is to say these students supposedly felt pain just seeing, visual, no hear, just see, the word, Trump.
?
No. I didn't miss it. I commented directly on another person's take on the situation. Already alluded to the fact that I felt these kids were overreacting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I don't think the Snopes link has been posted here yet. Mostly false, it seems.

That takes all of the air out of this little attack on Emory students. Although I am surprised Snopes never mentioned yoga. I was sure it was a part of the story.

Upvote 0