MO.
✟248,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That the will of God, where it is expressed in the Word of God, ought to govern every Christian, every true believer will admit. But the Word of God is wiser than men; never does it set the believer under the law since the death of Christ. It was a “schoolmaster” until the Cross (schoolmaster showed the way to Christ but could not deliver - Gal 3:24, 25, they were just “forgiven” by the sacrificial ordinance—NC). The Word speaks of commandments, and they are not painful to the growing believer (1Jo 5:3). But it never places him under the law; that Word comes from a God who knows the heart of man, and who knows what is necessary for him and what is injurious to him or impossible. The law is to convince him of sin.

The Father knows, and the man who is taught of the Spirit knows and is familiar with his own heart and knows that the law—all law—is a ministry of death and condemnation; and that it could not be anything else. He knows that as man is set, in any degree whatever under a law, you must either condemn him or enfeeble the obligation of the law. In a word, men do not understand the mind of God about the law. They speak vaguely of a notion of obligation to law, of being bound by the law. But if they are bound by the law, assuredly even Christians have not kept it in fact, though their nature loves it (it being God’s Word—NC), and love is an accomplishing of it.

Now, if they have not kept the law (since they have not kept the law—NC), and yet are bound by it, they are condemned; the law drives them even as Christians (it wasn’t until 30 years after Christ’s resurrection before they realized the law is not compatible with the Gospel of Christ—NC), from the presence of God. If you are bound by the law, and have failed in your obligation—which is just the truth, either the obligation must be weakened and destroyed (in the case of Christ sacrifice—NC), or you must perish. The only obligation which the law knows is to keep it or be lost—nothing else. The law knows nothing of grace, and it ought to know nothing of it. You, believer, have not kept the law (requires a sinless nature, obedience without sin in the soul—NC). Are you under the obligation of doing so? In order to escape, the obligation must be blotted out. Such is the inconsistent conclusion of those who place the believer in subjection to the law!

Faith in God alone maintains the authority of the law (keeps it nullified for believers in Christ—NC)—and for this reason: I own myself lost if I am under law, and I see that Christ has undergone its curse, and has placed me in a new position which reunites two things; perfect righteousness before God, because it is the righteousness of God, accomplished in Christ; and life, the participation of the divine nature (2Pe 1:4), according to the power of resurrection.

I cannot have two husbands, the two obligations, at the same time—the law and Christ (law could only “bring us unto Christ” but not deliver - Gal 3:24—NC). In Christ I am dead to the law, and live unto God. Now the law has authority, and binds as long as we live; but having died (crucified with Christ) I am delivered from the law, in order that I should belong to another—such is the positive language of the Word—to Him that is raised from the dead, that I should bring forth fruit unto God. If you are bound by the law, the law will maintain its authority and its obligation with rigor; it ought to do this, and it will condemn you as sure as you commit sin (the value of the law was to inform man of his sin - Jhn 15:22, 24; 9:41, and what to do about it; this is true love—NC).

If I have died with Christ, the law has no more authority over me, for it does not pass over that barrier. I belong to Another. I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. “I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I that live, but Christ liveth in me” (Gal 2:20). He was under the law while He lived here; but risen, He is no longer so. Now the commandments, whether we say of God or of Christ, have another character for the Christian.

All that Christ has said, all the His apostles have said and all the things in which the OT enlightens us upon His will, direct and govern the life that we already possess and have the authority of the Word of God, that is of God Himself over the soul. I have the life; the words of Christ, His commandments (love as I have loved you—NC) are the expression of this life in Him, its fruits in all respects according to the perfection and the will of God Himself, and the direction of this life in me.

I walk, following then according to the thoughts and intents of my Father and His blessed will; it is the law of liberty (God’s Word, esp. the Gospel of Christ—NC), because I possess already the life. “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death” (Ro 8:2). If people really felt what the law is, they would know that upon that ground they are lost, because the law has not lost its strength (1Co 15:56), and it is always and everywhere a ministry of condemnation and death (Though the law obeyed, yet its adherers are still unchanged sinners; we’re to remember that forgiveness came from the sacrificial ordinances, and not from the obedience—NC). Not that we would make such a thing of reproach (because “all have sinned”—NC); for many dear souls were found under the law (Jews—NC)—not, of course, according to God’s will, but through their own want of faith, and through bad teaching (the Law is no more—NC).

We cannot be too watchful for our growth; we are sanctified unto obedience (sanctification sets apart and obedience shows it—NC). The independence of the will is the principle of sin; but the law is not the means of arriving at holiness (forgiveness only is not holiness – Num 15:25, which requires the Son and Spirit—NC). It does not give a new will, nor strength when we have one. Those who are on the principle of the works of the law (which are good but not perfectly obeyed—NC) are still “under the curse” (Gal 3:10). It is to ignore what the heart of man is, to suppose that he can be under a law coming from God and live (laws are only to show condemnation, which answers to why they are for the “unholy” - 1Ti 1:9; the Jew was “forgiven” only by the sacrificial ordinance, and obedience shows gratitude and love—NC).

The Word of God is clear as day that, unless one be condemned, there is no such thing as having to do with the law without weakening its obligation, and it penalties. Grace alone maintains it authority. If I place myself under a mixture of law and grace, I ought to beseech God (like the people with Moses) to hide from me His glory as an unbearable thing; whereas, when I see that glory in the face of the glorified Lord Jesus, by the Spirit’s ministry, I can contemplate this glory with unveiled face, and be “changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2Co 3:18).

—J N Darby

MJS devotional excerpt for Feb 1

“Immaturity is selfish; maturity is selfless. “He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30). “The question for the tried and tempted, the harassed and oppressed, is this: ‘Which would you rather have, the power of Christ’s hand in deliverance from trial, or the sympathy of His heart in the midst of trial?’ The carnal mind, the unsubdued heart, the restless spirit, will, no doubt, at once exclaim, ‘Oh! let Him only put forth His power and deliver me from this insupportable trial, this intolerable burden, this crushing difficulty. I sigh for deliverance. I only want deliverance.” –Miles Stanford

“But the spiritual mind, the subdued heart, the lowly spirit, will say, and that without a single particle of reserve, ‘Let me only enjoy the sweet company of the heart of the Lord Jesus Christ in my trial, and I ask no more. I do not want even the power of His hand to deprive me of one drop of consolation supplied by the tender love and profound sympathy of His heart. I know He can deliver me, but if He does not see fit to do so, if it does not fall in with His unsearchable counsels, and harmonize with His wise and faithful purpose concerning me so to do, I know it is only to lead me into a deeper and richer realization of His most precious sympathy.” —Charles Henry Mackintosh (1820-1896)

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Now, if they have not kept the law (since they have not kept the law—NC), and yet are bound by it, they are condemned; the law drives them even as Christians (it wasn’t until 30 years after Christ’s resurrection before they realized the law is not compatible with the Gospel of Christ—NC), from the presence of God. If you are bound by the law, and have failed in your obligation—which is just the truth, either the obligation must be weakened and destroyed (in the case of Christ sacrifice—NC), or you must perish.
And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, Gal 3:17

For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness while he was uncircumcised.
And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith that he might be the father of all those who believe,

For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. Rom 4:9-13 Hebrews 6:15 John 8:56

Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, Rom 4:23-25

The covenant which God made with Abraham saying, ‘And in your Seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.” Acts 3:25-26

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟248,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, Gal 3:17

For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness while he was uncircumcised.
And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith that he might be the father of all those who believe,

For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. Rom 4:9-13 Hebrews 6:15 John 8:56

Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, Rom 4:23-25

The covenant which God made with Abraham saying, ‘And in your Seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.” Acts 3:25-26
Appreciate the reply, but not sure what you are trying to say!

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That the will of God, where it is expressed in the Word of God, ought to govern every Christian, every true believer will admit. But the Word of God is wiser than men; never does it set the believer under the law since the death of Christ. It was a “schoolmaster” until the Cross (schoolmaster showed the way to Christ but could not deliver - Gal 3:24, 25, they were just “forgiven” by the sacrificial ordinance—NC). The Word speaks of commandments, and they are not painful to the growing believer (1Jo 5:3). But it never places him under the law; that Word comes from a God who knows the heart of man, and who knows what is necessary for him and what is injurious to him or impossible. The law is to convince him of sin.
If you grant that the Law of God expresses the will and wisdom of God and that it is greater than the wisdom of man, then it would be pure folly to try to use even the height of the wisdom of man to reject being under the Law of God. If you read what man has written and think that it looks like it is speaking against being under the Law of God, then it would be much wiser to think that you have misunderstood it or that it is not authoritative than to try to use it as justification for not being under the Law of God. Someone would be completely missing the point of a schoolmaster if they disregarded everything they taught them after they graduated and it would be pure folly when what the schoolmaster taught them is the wisdom of God. God's wisdom leads us to Christ because it teaches us how to know him, not so that we can reject God's wisdom. Even if someone weren't under the wisdom of God, they should seek by faith to come under it.

The Father knows, and the man who is taught of the Spirit knows and is familiar with his own heart and knows that the law—all law—is a ministry of death and condemnation; and that it could not be anything else. He knows that as man is set, in any degree whatever under a law, you must either condemn him or enfeeble the obligation of the law. In a word, men do not understand the mind of God about the law. They speak vaguely of a notion of obligation to law, of being bound by the law. But if they are bound by the law, assuredly even Christians have not kept it in fact, though their nature loves it (it being God’s Word—NC), and love is an accomplishing of it.
It is blasphemy to say that the wisdom of God is a ministry of death and condemnation, but rather what is a ministry of death and condemnation is the rejection of the wisdom of God that you are promoting. There is the third option that God picked, which was to send Jesus to free man from sin so that we could be free to obey His law. There are many examples in the Bible of people keeping God's law, such as in Joshua 22:1-3, Luke 1:5-6, and Revelation 22:14, so it does not require being sinless. Likewise, in Deuteronomy 1-20, it says that God's law is not too difficult to obey, exhorts us to choose life by obeying it, and it predicts a time when Israel would return to obedience to it, but does not require sinless obedience to it.

Now, if they have not kept the law (since they have not kept the law—NC), and yet are bound by it, they are condemned; the law drives them even as Christians (it wasn’t until 30 years after Christ’s resurrection before they realized the law is not compatible with the Gospel of Christ—NC), from the presence of God. If you are bound by the law, and have failed in your obligation—which is just the truth, either the obligation must be weakened and destroyed (in the case of Christ sacrifice—NC), or you must perish. The only obligation which the law knows is to keep it or be lost—nothing else. The law knows nothing of grace, and it ought to know nothing of it. You, believer, have not kept the law (requires a sinless nature, obedience without sin in the soul—NC). Are you under the obligation of doing so? In order to escape, the obligation must be blotted out. Such is the inconsistent conclusion of those who place the believer in subjection to the law!
In Matthew 4:17-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, and God's law show his audience knew what sin is, so God's law is central to the Gospel of Christ. In Titus 2:14, it does not say that Jesus gave himself to weaken or destroy our obligation to obey God's law, but rather it says that he gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law is the way to believe in what he accomplished through the cross, which again I central to spreading the Gospel of Christ. In Psalms 119:29, David wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey His law, so it is not that the law knows nothing of grace, but that it is the content of God's grace.

Faith in God alone maintains the authority of the law (keeps it nullified for believers in Christ—NC)—and for this reason: I own myself lost if I am under law, and I see that Christ has undergone its curse, and has placed me in a new position which reunites two things; perfect righteousness before God, because it is the righteousness of God, accomplished in Christ; and life, the participation of the divine nature (2Pe 1:4), according to the power of resurrection.
God is trustworthy, therefore His law is also trustworthy (Psalms 19:7), so the way to have faith alone in God is by putting faith in what He has instructed, while it is contradictory to have faith in God instead of having faith in what He has instructed. Sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), so those who are not under it would have no obligation to refrain from sin, would have not need of grace, would have no need of salvation, and would have no need of Jesus to have given himself to redeem us from all lawlessness. Christ expressed the divine nature by living in obedience to God's law, so that is also the way that we live when we are partaking of the divine nature.

I cannot have two husbands, the two obligations, at the same time—the law and Christ (law could only “bring us unto Christ” but not deliver - Gal 3:24—NC). In Christ I am dead to the law, and live unto God. Now the law has authority, and binds as long as we live; but having died (crucified with Christ) I am delivered from the law, in order that I should belong to another—such is the positive language of the Word—to Him that is raised from the dead, that I should bring forth fruit unto God. If you are bound by the law, the law will maintain its authority and its obligation with rigor; it ought to do this, and it will condemn you as sure as you commit sin (the value of the law was to inform man of his sin - Jhn 15:22, 24; 9:41, and what to do about it; this is true love—NC).
Christ sent a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to God's law, so it is contradictory to think that we need to choose between following Christ and following what Christ taught. It is contradictory to think that we need to have a relationship with Christ instead of following God's instructions for how to have a relationship with him. Likewise, it is contradictory to think that we need to live for God instead of following God's instructions for how to live for Him. We have been delivered from the law of sin in order to be free to obey the Law of God, not the other way around. The way to bear fruit for God is not by rejecting His instructions for how to bear fruit for Him. If you agree that God's law reveals what sin is and that we should refrain from doing what God has revealed to be sin, then you should agree that we should obey it.

If I have died with Christ, the law has no more authority over me, for it does not pass over that barrier. I belong to Another. I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. “I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I that live, but Christ liveth in me” (Gal 2:20). He was under the law while He lived here; but risen, He is no longer so. Now the commandments, whether we say of God or of Christ, have another character for the Christian.
Dying with Christ is about rising in newness of life in obedience to God's law, not about returning to living in sin in rejection of God's law. Christ lived in obedience to God's law, so that is also the way that we live when he is living in us.

All that Christ has said, all the His apostles have said and all the things in which the OT enlightens us upon His will, direct and govern the life that we already possess and have the authority of the Word of God, that is of God Himself over the soul. I have the life; the words of Christ, His commandments (love as I have loved you—NC) are the expression of this life in Him, its fruits in all respects according to the perfection and the will of God Himself, and the direction of this life in me.
In Matthew 22:36-40, Jesus summarized God's law as being about how to love God and our neighbor, so he expressed his love for us through his obedience to it, which is also how we are to love one another as he loved us.

I walk, following then according to the thoughts and intents of my Father and His blessed will; it is the law of liberty (God’s Word, esp. the Gospel of Christ—NC), because I possess already the life. “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death” (Ro 8:2). If people really felt what the law is, they would know that upon that ground they are lost, because the law has not lost its strength (1Co 15:56), and it is always and everywhere a ministry of condemnation and death (Though the law obeyed, yet its adherers are still unchanged sinners; we’re to remember that forgiveness came from the sacrificial ordinances, and not from the obedience—NC). Not that we would make such a thing of reproach (because “all have sinned”—NC); for many dear souls were found under the law (Jews—NC)—not, of course, according to God’s will, but through their own want of faith, and through bad teaching (the Law is no more—NC).
It is contradictory to speak about following God's will while also rejecting God's will made known through His law. In Romans 7:25-8:2, it contrasts the the Law of God with the law of sin and contrasts the Law of the Spirit with the law of sin and death, so it equates the Law of God with the Law of the Spirit. Furthermore, it states that we have been set free from the law of sin and death, yet you want to be free from the Law of God instead of the law of sin and death. In Romana 7:7, it says that God's law is not sinful but is how we know what sin is, however, a law that is the strength of sin is a law that is sinful, so 1 Corinthians 15:56 is referring to the law of sin and death, not to the Law of God.

We cannot be too watchful for our growth; we are sanctified unto obedience (sanctification sets apart and obedience shows it—NC). The independence of the will is the principle of sin; but the law is not the means of arriving at holiness (forgiveness only is not holiness – Num 15:25, which requires the Son and Spirit—NC). It does not give a new will, nor strength when we have one. Those who are on the principle of the works of the law (which are good but not perfectly obeyed—NC) are still “under the curse” (Gal 3:10). It is to ignore what the heart of man is, to suppose that he can be under a law coming from God and live (laws are only to show condemnation, which answers to why they are for the “unholy” - 1Ti 1:9; the Jew was “forgiven” only by the sacrificial ordinance, and obedience shows gratitude and love—NC).
It is contradictory for us to be sanctified unto obedience to God's law while you also say that God's law is no more. I agree that God's law was never given as a means of arriving at holiness, but rather it is the way that those who are holy live. In Deuteronomy 28:1-14, the Law of God is a blessing for those who rely on it, and in Deuteronomy 28:15-68, it is a curse for those who refuse to rely on it, so those who instead rely on works of the law come under the curse for not relying on the Law of God. In Galatians 3:10-12, Paul associated a quote from Habakuk 2:4 that the righteous shall live by faith with a quote from Leviticus 18:5 that those who obey God's law will attain life by it, so the righteous who are living by faith are the same as those who are living in obedience to God's law. Those who try to use 1 Timothy 1:9 to say that the law is only for the unholy in order to justify being free to do what is unholy in transgression of it thereby become someone who is unholy that the law is for.

The Word of God is clear as day that, unless one be condemned, there is no such thing as having to do with the law without weakening its obligation, and it penalties. Grace alone maintains it authority. If I place myself under a mixture of law and grace, I ought to beseech God (like the people with Moses) to hide from me His glory as an unbearable thing; whereas, when I see that glory in the face of the glorified Lord Jesus, by the Spirit’s ministry, I can contemplate this glory with unveiled face, and be “changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2Co 3:18).

—J N Darby
God does not contradict Himself, so His grace is not opposed to His law, but rather in verses like Exodus 33:13, Psalms 119:29, and Titus 2:11-14, God is gracious to us by teaching us to obey His law, so it is you who is trying to separate them.

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟248,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is blasphemy to say that the wisdom of God is a ministry of death and condemnation
2Co 3:7: "But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away."

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
2Co 3:7: "But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away."
The issue is whether God's goal in teaching us was to lead to life or to death. For someone to say that God's goal was to mislead His children to death is to express blasphemy against God, but rather God's goal was to give His children a gift for our own good in order to lead us to the narrow way to eternal life (Deuteronomy 32:47, Matthew 19:17, Luke 10:25-28). We need to trust in God's wisdom to correctly divide between the only way to eternal life and the way to death by doing anything else, so it is a ministry of death not insofar as it leads to death, but only insofar as it defines by contrast everything leads to death. In other words, God's wisdom is not a ministry of death, but doing anything else is a ministry of death.

When you act like we need to have perfect obedience to God's law in order to have eternal life and anything short of that is death, then you are acting as though God taught His children with the goal of bringing death to us, which again would be expressing an blasphemous opinion of God. In Deuteronomy 30:11-20, God's law is not too difficult to obey and obedience to it brings life and a blessing while disobedience brings death and a curse, so choose life! So according to those verses, it is a ministry to life for those who choose to obey it through faith while it instead a ministry of death for those who do not.

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟248,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The issue is whether God's goal in teaching us was to lead to life or to death.
The law was to show they needed forgiveness (Num 15:25), because nobody can obey the law perfectly, which was required. Hence the need for Christ's atonement, which was exampled in the sin sacrifice of the animals.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The law was to show they needed forgiveness (Num 15:25), because nobody can obey the law perfectly, which was required. Hence the need for Christ's atonement, which was exampled in the sin sacrifice of the animals.
If we needed ti obey the law perfectly, then forgiveness and atonement wouldn't do us ay good, so verse that you cited completely undermines your claim that perfect obedience was required.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟248,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If we needed ti obey the law perfectly, then forgiveness and atonement wouldn't do us ay good, so verse that you cited completely undermines your claim that perfect obedience was required.
Forgiveness for Israel never came from obedience, but from the sacrificial ordinances (Num 14:25). Obedience just manifests our love and gratitude to God (Jhn 14:21; 24). Perfect obedience means doing it without a sin nature. It's the sin nature that condemns us, the sin is an aftermath or consequence!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Forgiveness for Israel never came from obedience, but from the sacrificial ordinances (Num 14:25). Obedience just manifests our love and gratitude to God (Jhn 14:21; 24). Perfect obedience means doing it without a sin nature. It's the sin nature that condemns us, the sin is an aftermath or consequence!
It is contradictory to say that forgiveness comes from obedience to the sacrificial ordinances and that forgiveness never came from Israel. If someone can have imperfect obedience and be forgiven, then they did not need to have perfect obedience.

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟248,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is contradictory to say that forgiveness comes from obedience to the sacrificial ordinances and that forgiveness never came from Israel. If someone can have imperfect obedience and be forgiven, then they did not need to have perfect obedience.
Forgiveness came for Israel due to the sacrificial ordinances! God bless!!

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Forgiveness came for Israel due to the sacrificial ordinances! God bless!!
Do you think that Israel needs ro obey those sacrificial ordinances in order to have forgiveness or that Israel can have forgiveness without obeying those sacrificial ordinances?

There must be some reason why you keep insisting that we need to have perfect obedience. If someone had perfect obedience, then they wouldn't need forgiveness, while if someone didn't have perfect obedience, then forgiveness wouldn't change the fact that they didn't have perfect obedience, so if we needed perfect obedience for some strange reason, then that would mean that there is not point in forgiveness. Forgiveness only has value if we don't need to have perfect obedience.

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟248,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that Israel needs ro obey those sacrificial ordinances in order to have forgiveness or that Israel can have forgiveness without obeying those sacrificial ordinances?

There must be some reason why you keep insisting that we need to have perfect obedience.
God knew Israel couldn't have the required obedience, which answers to why He gave the sacrificial ordinance, so those who believed in Him would be forgiven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums