Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like Donnie is cooking up another Putin-style cover...

“We are going to leave nothing uncovered,” Trump said later about the investigation into Khashoggi’s disappearance. “With that being said, the king firmly denies any knowledge of it. He didn’t really know, maybe, I don’t want to get into his mind, but it sounded to me like maybe it could have been rogue killers, who knows? We’re going to try get to the bottom of it very soon, but his was a flat denial.”

Analysis | Trump’s ‘rogue killers’ line is a reminder of his consistent bad faith in demanding proof

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Decoding Trump 101.... "but his was a flat denial". 'Not completely buying it.'

Not only does he state he is sending Mike Pompeo, he reiterates that the King said he had no knowledge of it directly after he said he would get to the bottom of it more than once. He even states the king denied it, "but we'll see." From a couple of years listening to Trumpinese, to me it sounds like Trump isn't all that convinced.

If Trump had a part in this, it would have to be the coolest thing since sliced bread. He would have to brag about it. Even if it was disagreeable he would give a defense. I don't see that.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Not only does he state he is sending Mike Pompeo, he reiterates that the King said he had no knowledge of it directly after he said he would get to the bottom of it more than once. He even states the king denied it, "but we'll see." From a couple of years listening to Trumpinese, to me it sounds like Trump isn't all that convinced.

If Trump had a part in this, it would have to be the coolest thing since sliced bread. He would have to brag about it. Even if it was disagreeable he would give a defense. I don't see that.

Since Trump's first response to hearing about it, on camera mind you, was to basically say that even if the Saudis did this, they're buying a lot of stuff from us, it's pretty clear that the dollars are more important than the blood. Don't think he cares if they did or not.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Since Trump's first response to hearing about it, on camera mind you, was to basically say that even if the Saudis did this, they're buying a lot of stuff from us, it's pretty clear that the dollars are more important than the blood. Don't think he cares if they did or not.
Im closely watching this for just that reason. His body language, and speech does not yet 'say' what you are insinuating. We have to be careful with this, but I agree money should not be a factor whether or not this should be dealt with.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

“U.S. President Donald Trump said that President Vladimir Putin "was extremely strong and powerful in his denial" that Russia was involved in hacking aimed at influencing the 2016 U.S. election.”

“I just spoke with the King of Saudi Arabia, and he denies any knowledge of what took place with regards to, as he said, to Saudi Arabia’s citizen,” Trump said while talking to reporters Monday morning. “He firmly denies that.”

Pattern...?

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
'CNN reported on Monday that Saudi Arabia is preparing a report in which they will admit that Jamal Khashoggi, the Washington Post columnist who went missing earlier this month, was killed in an “interrogation gone wrong.”'

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
“U.S. President Donald Trump said that President Vladimir Putin "was extremely strong and powerful in his denial" that Russia was involved in hacking aimed at influencing the 2016 U.S. election.”

“I just spoke with the King of Saudi Arabia, and he denies any knowledge of what took place with regards to, as he said, to Saudi Arabia’s citizen,” Trump said while talking to reporters Monday morning. “He firmly denies that.”

Pattern...?
Yes, you seem to have a constant knack to be against the president on every topic, in any way, every single day. I do see a pattern.

Meanwhile someone who is known to support the President (me) is asking for caution before jumping on the Trump train because we do not have all the facts yet.

I have also read the man in question was killed in an interrogation. That is something we need to watch and look for clues.

*** EDIT: I should have read more of the thread before posting. I didn't know @essentialsaltes brought up the interrogation.***

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you seem to have a constant knack to be against the president on every topic, in any way, every single day. I do see a pattern.

Meanwhile someone who is known to support the President (me) is asking for caution before jumping on the Trump train because we do not have all the facts yet.

I have also read the man in question was killed in an interrogation. That is something we need to watch and look for clues.

The pattern in question is where your hero automatically sides with the dictators to help them in their “we never done it!” defence...

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,307.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
'CNN reported on Monday that Saudi Arabia is preparing a report in which they will admit that Jamal Khashoggi, the Washington Post columnist who went missing earlier this month, was killed in an “interrogation gone wrong.”'
The idea that this was a botched rendition did occur to me.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just chill. Neither of us know what is going on yet. Do you know something that maybe you can cite?

The pattern in question is where your hero automatically sides with the dictators to help them in their “we never done it!” defence...

Ive heard the 'dear leader' speil enough times to not even regard it anymore. It seems even when I question Trump you are still ready for a fight.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
TRT a turkish news broadcast, is reporting some rooms have been repainted and cleaned by cleaning teams. The guy went into the embassy and never came back out. Same on Al Jazeera from Qatar.

If you click right after the 'e' in youtube you can rewind the live feed and watch the report. A lady in a green jacket.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Barely seems like a news story to me. The Sauds killing Khashoggi is like the Mafia killing one of its own foot soldiers.

I see..

A permanent resident of the US, engaged in the only occupation specifically protected by your Consitution is tortured and murdered horrifically...but it shouldn’t be news...?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I see..

A permanent resident of the US,..
Mafia in the U.S. can be permanent residents.
...engaged in the only occupation specifically protected by your Consitution...
Back then "the press" referred to the printing press, not a particular occupation.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Back then "the press" referred to the printing press, not a particular occupation.

“and the freedom of the press, as one of the great bulwarks of liberty, shall be inviolable.”

Sorry, but Madison seems to be disagreeing with you...:doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
“and the freedom of the press, as one of the great bulwarks of liberty, shall be inviolable.”

Sorry, but Madison seems to be disagreeing with you...:doh::doh::doh:
That doesn't make sense. He's talking about the printing press, because "the press" wasn't a colloquialism for newspapers until long after his death. But I don't want to derail. Go look it up and start another thread on that if you still disagree.

Upvote 0